Favourite Browser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
1. Opera
2. IE8
3. FireFox 3.0/2
4. IE7
5. Winamp Browser
6. IE6
7. IE5.5
8. IE5
9. IE4
10.Safari
11. Google Chrome.

DO NOT USE CHROME!! - i had to spend 3 hours yesterday fixing a CSS issue because it was the only browser that didn't like it. DIE CHROME DIE. And because chrome sux, Safari has to suck

Agree with the sentiments on Chrome....and Safari..... both weak browsers who try to fulfill all the standards to the letter of the law, not realising that many of the standard conflict with others!

Firefox 3 for the win!

Opera, I have had some bad experiences with. havent tried IE8 yet.

I use a lot of plugins for FF which make my life pleasant, that just aren't found in other browsers

FF3 is ****.

I don't need to see my bookmarks whenever I type in an address ffs. I know there are add ins to remove that star, but it's a pain in the a*se.

Ive remained with FF2.whatever. Solid and nothing flashy.

IE p*sses me off and I'm yet to try Chrome. Being a Mac-Virgin I haven't bothered going near Opera or Safari yet.

Gruggy link said:
FF3 is S**t.

I don't need to see my bookmarks whenever I type in an address ffs. I know there are add ins to remove that star, but it's a pain in the a*se.

Ive remained with FF2.whatever. Solid and nothing flashy.

IE p*sses me off and I'm yet to try Chrome. Being a Mac-Virgin I haven't bothered going near Opera or Safari yet.

THat is an additional feature for when you dont know the full URL so you can reference the site by name. It's simple to remove

The biggest benefit of FF3 over 2 is simply the memory leak issues. There are some major major memory issues in FF2 that they wont 100% admit, though they are magically fixed in FF3

they have opera on mac now?

i hate mac. Anything from Apple is my arch nemesis. Ipods- now i have to listen to people sing on public transport and walking around. Or they think they can just bump into because they have headphones on. Die MOFOS!

Dan IE8 is something special for developers i believe. You can test IE7, IE8 standardized and IE8 non standardized just by clicking a button. (IE8 non standardized is basically 100% like firefox). It has a good CSS tool (not as good as fire bug). and is quick.

Firefox 3 works great on my Mac! I am so sick of Vista on my work PCs and yet I can have an easy to use PC that is smooth, easy and has little if no problems. Even my kids have returned to Macs having had other PCs over the past few years.

Canteen Worker link said:
Firefox 3 works great on my Mac! I am so sick of Vista on my work PCs and yet I can have an easy to use PC that is smooth, easy and has little if no problems. Even my kids have returned to Macs having had other PCs over the past few years.

Spoken like a true "market to me" gen xer.

Mac is no easier to use, in fact some parts are far more difficult to use. It just has a different work flow methodology in SOME parts. It is a Unix based system, kind of like Linux. Where Mac goes wrong is they spend far too much time trying make everything look good and are forgetting about strong and core functionality.

The last 2 versions of the Mac OS have been on par bug wise with such classics as Windows ME!

Vista is no better, in my opinion, but the major problems with Vista, is the ideal that they are attempting to make everything *nix like or in other words, walking down a similar path to Mac.
The reason for this, is not because Mac has things the right way around or that they are better. It is just this simple marketing push that Mac have had, MS are aiming to captiolise on this and give the people what they want.

MS Office 2007 was a clear indicator of this, and we all know how ridiculous it was to make the changes they did.

Everyones, inistance that mac is the be all end all and ducks nuts of everything makes me quietly chuckle to myself, in particular because the people who say it most often, are the ones who mainly use their computers for 3 major functions

1 - The internet
2 - General office and email (Word processing, Spreadsheets etc [they use an MS product for this - Chortle)
3 - Listening to music.

Then others look at the included apps and go "Look how easy it is to do x" the most oft one I hear is from matas who uses it to make "websites" no realising this is simple technology that was available in Office 95 with frontpage and is still available with MS Office and other free apps.

I still think the power of Linux distributions like Ubuntu with the sanaptec package manager and ability to install software from the internet with terminal commands like

Sudo apt-get install <appname>

Or if you are not confident with that you can use the GUI to search for thousands upon thousands of 100% free software packages to do anything you can imagine. If you cant find what you want, head to the net and they will give you step by step instructionson installing it.

Barring that, you can install new software repositories straight from the GUI increasing your pool of software products by still more thousands.

If Mac is so great, it is because it uses many of the original feature of its base OS. Linux ****s over it for the ability to customize every aspect and teh massive amount of resources out there.

Zep. I am installing IE8 on my test box under my desk to check it out.

Dan

Dan on  a test box is good.. The sessions are kinda of in "lets make it the last thing to do". I actually prefer the IE7 sessions over FF sessions. Where IE7 has an individual session per tab unless it was opened from a parent. FF having Sessions across all tabs is kinda annoying and i believe that is the way that IE8 is heading.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6