Farewell, we'll all miss you

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
A group of chimpanzees have been captured on camera apparently lost in grief for the death of a friend.

More than a dozen apes watched in silence from their enclosure in Cameroon as the body of Dorothy, a chimp in her 40s, was wheeled past for burial.

Dorothy, who died of heart failure, was described as a "prominent figure" within the group of about 25 chimps at the Sanaga-Yong Chimpanzee Rescue Centre.

The photo was taken by 30-year-old Monica Szczupider.

She was working at the centre, which cares for orphaned animals whose mothers were killed for the illegal bushmeat trade.

"We were burying Dorothy," she said. "We brought her in the wheelbarrow to let the others see.

"I cannot emphasise enough how silent and still they were. Chimpanzees are typically not like that.

"They are loud, with short attention spans. It was unbelievably emotional. We were all struck."

Look like them too!!!

Actually, that picture reminds me of State of Origin 3. That's Steve Price on the stretcher with his QLD teammates looking on.......

It looks more like a north sydney coach at the end of the season being taken away to be buried.

tookey link said:
It looks more like a north sydney coach at the end of the season being taken away to be buried.
  Photo is not grainy enough to be that far back in ancient history. 

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7