Farewell to the Greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Wow, Manly have located the Matai :clap:
Get the NRL Doctor to quickly check him out :lightbulb:

Manly should get all of the Dazzler's Heros back from 2004 - 2011 :inlove:

We never said a Brookie 'Thank You' to Choc, Fiz, Buhrer, Wolfie, Kitey, Kingdog, Ox (hope that he has recovered)...

images (4).jpg

#BirdGang

Last edited:
I am really pleased that this is going to happen. I think for the fans and for Snake, Matty B and hopefully Stevie can make it too, it's a chance to send the guys out as the legends we remember them as.

Snake, our greatest full back since the Wombat, terrorized opposition defenses with his speed and guile and had the incredible vision to create so many tries. A true warrior who spent half his career playing in pain and survived adversity that would finish many a person. An absolute hero of mine!!

MattyB, wow what a role model for the players of this club, a total professional with a work ethic that is irreplaceable. He would have played for Queensland more if not for Scam Smith and he was a leader on the field with a calmness that helped the team week in and week out. One of our great!!

Stevie Matai was without a doubt a player who put fear into his opponents with his take no prisoners attitude on the field. Wonderful and unselfish player and a wingers dream as he scored and created so many opportunities out wide. A defender who could change a game with a bit hit and was the epitome of the don't F@#ck with me attitude that made Manly a feared opponent for any foe.

All three of these legends were incredibly courageous and the ultimate team players and a huge reason for our success.

The 2005 to 2014 era was one of the most exciting in times in the clubs history, These boys were at the heart of turning around the cub when it seemed we had no future back in 2003.

Next year we get a chance to celebrate the 08 premiership and it would be lovely to have everyone who was responsible for that triumph be at Brooky to celebrate with the fans.

Well done to the Golden Eagles for making this happen

Sadly the sooner this chapter closes the better.
Matai was the player i most admired in the post NE days. Id love to be at a send off for him and snake, but they are now all ex-Manly players and the club moves on.

With all the des hasler / bulldogs drama at the moment has got me thinking, shouldnt the old guys in Snake, Matai, choc and gift be hating on hasler for creating the problem and not Toovey and the club for cleaning it up?

Good to see that, finally, we are able to honour these three.
However, I'm surprised that there is a doubt Matai will appear. He still lives in NSW. Does he need an Uber to get to Brookvale?

Shoddy treatment of fans ? Really ?

It sucks that the fans won't be able to see him again, and I don't know what the reasons are and probably never will, but Matai owes the fans absolutely nothing, destroying his body for the club for over 10 years is more than enough for the fans, we aren't entitled to any more than he wants to give. Some blokes struggle post footy and just need to be completely removed from the environment. There isn't any promise here that was made to fans that hasn't been stuck to or anything of that nature, so I can't see how there is any shoddy treatment
Well, he is being paid for the final year of doing nothing. Just like any long term employee an occasional visit to the office is good for everyone. I'm sure the current batch of players would welcome him, as much as the fans.
Anyway, it seems that the club have come to an arrangement and he, Stewart and Balin will be honoured which is great news.

Good to see that, finally, we are able to honour these three.
However, I'm surprised that there is a doubt Matai will appear. He still lives in NSW. Does he need an Uber to get to Brookvale?

Yeah I thought this aswell. Surely he could attend a farewell in his honour.

Even if there is bad blood between him and the club, us fans still want to thank him for his years of service.

Well better late than never....great news! :party:

Pity its at the one and only Brookie game in the last 2 years that I'll miss @:mad: Mind you, it'll save me from an emotional mess at seeing them :whew:

Never thought we'd see this happen, great work Boxy & Teddy from the Golden Eagles!

Hope the Skiv can come as well!

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11