Fantastic start to the season!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Hold your dislikes and optimistic ratings, I'm not talking about us (though certainly happy with our start). I'm talking about the NRL in general.

Maybe its just me but I have found the footy absorbing this year.

Usually I'm glued to Manly games and a casual observer for most other games but this year I'm finding it hard to look away.

19 games in 5 rounds decided by less than a converted try.

5 different teams from last year currently in the top 8.

The Dolphins lauching their NRL journey in style.

The Warriors showing renewed resiliance and happiness.

Big crowds.

Last night the Warriors/Sharks and Cowboys/Bulldogs games were quality. The casual observer would have loved our match too (not so much us).

And in all I think 16 teams can currently have dreams of the 8. Even the deplorable Tigers have only lost 4 of there 5 by less than 2 converted tries (2, 4, 12 and 12)

I think this season has been as good as I can remember and long may it continue!!!

Yeah this season has been so close. The top 8 is wild

I tend to agree, but the only thing I'll say is the officiating has been pretty fkn terrible this year. Otherwise it has been a compelling season so far!

I tend to agree, but the only thing I'll say is the officiating has been pretty fkn terrible this year. Otherwise it has been a compelling season so far!
Ahhhh! You'll upset the beta males.

Refs are manipulating it to script, got to have those soap opera finishes.

So you are telling me that in one the worst run comps (I mean look at the TV deal, management of the salary cap, death of country league, numerous player issues) they have the to ability to run a sophisticated game influencing program that no one has been able to find any evidence of?

So you are telling me that in one the worst run comps (I mean look at the TV deal, management of the salary cap, death of country league, numerous player issues) they have the to ability to run a sophisticated game influencing program that no one has been able to find any evidence of?
Not to mention, for all the admirable qualities of rugby league people, not one of them can keep a secret! @:D

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Tell me a season.....or a sport where fans aren't complaining about the refs

Got to say, pretty happy with the 2023 start. Obviously draw with the Knights is disappointing. But all in all been pretty good start.

Robbed against South’s- forward pass. NRL Admitted as much.
Close win against Parra
Good win against Dogs
Great pre season.

Think our overall intention and effort has been good. It is early days though. And depth ( Cap pressure) will no doubt play a part. Still think we’ll be 6th-10th but pretty optimistic.

Tennis.

I get what you're saying, but my point still stands. The officiating has been woeful this year. We shouldn't excuse it by saying 'it happens every year'.
Yeah fair.

Tennis is very definitive though, in or out. In league there is much more grey and most contentious desicions are just that, contentious.

There arent to many decisions like the forward pass where fans, media, players, coaches etc all agree it was wrong.

Most are debated passionately either way.

Personally I dont think the refereeing has been anybworse or better this year than any other year

Got to say, pretty happy with the 2023 start. Obviously draw with the Knights is disappointing. But all in all been pretty good start.

Robbed against South’s- forward pass. NRL Admitted as much.
Close win against Parra
Good win against Dogs
Great pre season.

Think our overall intention and effort has been good. It is early days though. And depth ( Cap pressure) will no doubt play a part. Still think we’ll be 6th-10th but pretty optimistic.
We had so many chances to win that Souths game (and against their depleted pack) that i’d hardly call that being robbed

Tennis is very definitive though, in or out.

Kind of like the ball Miller knocked over the sideline trying to save a 20/40?

Seemed pretty definitive to me.

I mean, these fools can't get the obvious stuff correct, we can't expect them to get anything with any complexity right.

This weeks match against the panthers will define how we are going so far in 2023. Previous matches will mean nothing.

Bring on the challenge 💪

Just to confirm, we are talking about how entertaining the season has been in general.

Not discussing Manlys start.

Not defending refs here, but my experience from my soccer playing days (when the home team had to provide a ref for the game before or after ours) taught me that no matter what decision you make, you’re only going to keep half the players onfield (& half the supporters off field) happy at any given time.

Yes there have been some howlers called thus far but unfortunately that’s just how it goes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4