Fans would tear the joint down if Manly relocated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What fans. let’s face it no except about 10,000 people really care any more about us and the rest of the league supporters hate us for stuff that happened 40 years ago. I reckon 2 or 3 years of the crap we are serving up will see us out

The only thing saving us is Penn and his money. Bad crowds, small membership, horrible outdated ground and a local area that doesn't care less eg 1 million in catchment area. Sad days may be ahead!!

I’d hate if Manly was relocated but I’d still support them. Rather keep the colors and brand and have a team running around then go the way of Norths or even merge like Wests and Balmain. Let’s face it Sts took over Illawarra so they don’t count. If they had to go (and I actually don’t think they will) I’d vote for Christchurch with two games a year back in Sydney. NZ has always had close links to Manly from the late 80s and Lowe/Ridge era. I just think new supporters in another city in Aus wouldn’t stomach Manly. Too many with that old I hate manly attitude.

The only thing saving us is Penn and his money. Bad crowds, small membership, horrible outdated ground and a local area that doesn't care less eg 1 million in catchment area. Sad days may be ahead!!

So what are you doing about it?

Are you a member? Did you turn up to the game?

If more people did that right now instead of complaining that the sky is falling in, we would be in a much better position.

Yep, Manly fans would tear the joint down if we had to relocate, all 10k of us.

A big part of the problem, is the changing demographic on the Beaches...out of all the kids I went to primary school with, there is NOBODY I know still living in the area. None of us could afford to stay around, once marriage and kids etc came up. Our parents cashed in on the astronomical house prices a decade ago, retired to areas like the Central Coast and yuppies moved into the area from the North Shore, etc - who don’t give A stuff about the Sea Eagles. I’m generalising here of course - but i reckon a big part of it holds true for many.

At the age of 13 I used to walk from Eastern Hill to Brooky every home game, carrying a tin can in my backpack so I’d have something to stand on and get above the crowd on the concourse. My mates used to catch buses in, ride in with brothers, car-pool with friends - Brooky on a Sunday arvo was the epi-centre of the Beaches, and we all just went along without giving a second thought to it. You look at the crowd now, and wonder where all those people went - where are their kids, their grand kids? Well they’re still Manly fans, but they’re all living out of area now, and - like me - can only make it to a handful of games each season.

Sad, but times have moved on. We need to reinvent ourselves. I don’t give a crap that Brooky is old and falling apart - you’re there for like, two or three hours, suck it up. Was fine for the past fifty years... But we need to find a way of getting families back to Brooky, we need more passion for the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8