Fan superstitions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
wedgetail eagle said:
It's almost like I don't enjoy Manly games,
I just want the game to be over & Manly to win,
then of course I'm cheering.

My wife reckons I become a completely different person when Manly is playing. Some schizophrenic madman takes over when I watch a live Manly game on TV but if I watch them at the ground I'm not like that at all. I love and hate watching it all at the same time and just want them to win more than anything else. I wonder if there is a disorder named for it. Maybe it's Seaeagleitis
True, it is crazy. At times I wonder why I've invited this "disorder" into my life, & sometimes want to kick the habit,
but I'm hard wired, Manly's in my DNA now.
Couldn't shake it if I tried, so Go Manly!

After our 4th loss in a row mid year, I changed the pub where I watch all our non free to air games. This coincided with the winning streak starting and even though I prefer the other original pub, I'm now to scared to go watch manly there and will stick with the new pub.

jbb/james said:
its not a manly one, but I can only watch the broncos with the TV off

Put the volume up is a Good torture technique for your enemy, especially if Ben Ikin or Fatty or Kaing Wally wonka commentating

mickqld said:
wedgetail eagle said:
It's almost like I don't enjoy Manly games,
I just want the game to be over & Manly to win,
then of course I'm cheering.

My wife reckons I become a completely different person when Manly is playing. Some schizophrenic madman takes over when I watch a live Manly game on TV but if I watch them at the ground I'm not like that at all. I love and hate watching it all at the same time and just want them to win more than anything else. I wonder if there is a disorder named for it. Maybe it's Seaeagleitis

Yeah I can relate. I tend to focus purely on the result - winning and do not really enjoy the "journey" of the 80 mins (due to a desperate desire to win). When we win I then enjoy the replays lol.

We haven't lost since I bought the girls football jerseys, my girls have also never been to a match Manly has lost unless their mother had come too.

Dare I admit my superstition but.....on game day I always wear pink undies for luck :) Needless to say, doesn't always work!

I have a Choc superstition, win or lose. If I see him on TV before a game, great. If I get to talk to him before a game, better still. Works for me. :)

ALinda said:
Dare I admit my superstition but.....on game day I always wear pink undies for luck :) Needless to say, doesn't always work!

I'm not sure whether I should be impressed or disappointed at the forum's 'maturity' regarding your superstition!

I bought a new pair of underpants for a touch footy tournament in 2007 which we won. Put them in the cupboard and didn't wear them again til I went to the 08 GF, thought this was pretty good and put them away and didn't put them on again til the 2011 GF. Needless to say they are there and ready to go for the 6th October!

globaleagle said:
ALinda said:

I'm not sure whether I should be impressed or disappointed at the forum's 'maturity' regarding your superstition!

I think most are scared of commenting for fear of the thought police coming down on them.

mickqld said:
globaleagle said:
ALinda said:

I think most are scared of commenting for fear of the thought police coming down on them.

I bet the thought police had the same set of jokes in their heads.

Bought a Manly NRL limited edition watch years ago I make sure I wear it every game , it seems to work so much I get frantic when I havent got it on at game time.

God said:
We haven't lost since I bought the girls football jerseys, my girls have also never been to a match Manly has lost unless their mother had come too.
With God on the superstitious team, you guys shouldn't be too worried about thought police.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6