Fan noise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They were pretty keen to say the least...Groggo was told to keep the noise down at the end of the twentys....We arrived around 30 mins before KO and bumped in to some people near bay 317 and stopped for a chat but were told to "keep moving" despite not being in any aisle or near an exit.

They didn't like the noise we were making at all at the game and you could see they were trying to work out how to cover everyone at the back of 317 at the same time and tell them to sit quietly but as there was a goodly number singing from all sides and up and down the bay they had to give it up as too hard.

Apparently the police were asked to intervene by a steward in the lower rows of 317 but he told the steward to pull his head in as there were no profanities, no one complaining and the people weren't intoxicated or creating a disturbance over and above cheering on their team which the officer said is "normal" at a game of footy

Pretty pariochial - had my deodrant confiscated at the airport on the way back (not on the way up or at the Townsville game or on a trip to the GC on business a few weeks ago or any of the dozens of flights I've made in the last 6 months...Maybe it was donated to some red neck who needed it more than me?)

They then grabbed me to test me for explosives and then tried to take one of our carry on bags at the gate to make them checked bags and charge us over and above the light saver fare...funnily they then also pulled another guy wearing a Manly shirt for the same thing...Coincidence?

Doesn't worry me though - we won, so thanks for hosting the Premiers Brisbane

We were behind the goal posts in a nest of Broncos supporters in the first half and the pricks kept telling my 7 year old to shut up.

The wife told me at half time, you go and sit with the Manly supporters or we leave.  So we did and had a ball.

Thanks fellas. 

Matabele link said:
We were behind the goal posts in a nest of Broncos supporters in the first half and the pricks kept telling my 7 year old to shut up.

The wife told me at half time, you go and sit with the Manly supporters or we leave.  So we did and had a ball.

Thanks fellas. 
We can see who wears the pants in your family. (Same person who does in mine) :) :) :)

If your son's voice is anything like yours, I know why you were asked to move. :)

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180348.msg222606#msg222606 date=1242187973]

Thanks fellas. 
We can see who wears the pants in your family. (Same person who does in mine) :) :) :)

If your son's voice is anything like yours, I know why you were asked to move. :)
[/quote]  Perhaps he's louder?  This is Timmy we're talking about - remember him trashing himself at 3 years old with boxes on the backside of the Brookie Oval Hill?

Anyways, we're hoping the Souths game is a Sunday arvo game as the boos wishes to run the City to Surf.

I think security was worse when it was clear that the Bronco's were in trouble ...to be honest it was a disgrace....just imagine telling the Liverpool Fans they couldn't sing "You'll never walk alone" (all 75,000 of them).

Would have been fine had we been singing "swearing" songs...but Eagle Rock/ Garden Shed / Forty Nil / We always win in Queensland is hardly full of profanities.

We'll have to see if I ever get a response.

I was sitting on the seats just outside the entrance to 317, right where the security were standing, saying we were hounded would not be an overstatement, one fan just behind me said "Sounds like we are at Brookvale" or something similar and was told if he didnt stop swearing he would be removed.

We were there when the police were called and quite rightly told the security nothing would be done. We were even told to be quiet during the Toyota Cup game, since we could be agitating the other fans, all 200 or so in the whole stadium...

Still try as they might the security could not ruin what was a fantastic day, and in the end we all had the last laugh.

Who do these clowns think they are, and where is it do they think they are working? I suppose you have to be thankful it wasn't 20 yrs ago; the coppers would have had you in boggo road so fast it would have made your head spin....

WAMF and I had a run in with some pony tailed, heavily tatooed freak of a securtity gaurd, who had obviously ridden in on the Ipswich line with the rest of Bronco's fans.

He wanted us to move away from the walkway, although he was only moving those wearing Manly jerseys on and leaving everyone else alone.

He wasn't happy with my "have a nice minimum wage day" line.

I took my mum to the game being the good fella I am.

I was at the caxton before hand and after.... anyone know who the big bugger with the manly Tatt and old school MW jersey is??

guys, seriously this sort of behavior needs to be been forwarded to be club.

Its a discrace and if it happened in sydney it would be spread throught the media

Nutzcraw link said:
I took my mum to the game being the good fella I am.

I was at the caxton before hand and after.... anyone know who the big bugger with the manly Tatt and old school MW jersey is??
could be me nuts

Is it true you started up with a very naughty song two minutes into the first half Cliffy GC?  No wonder security were riled.  ;)

Matabele link said:
Is it true you started up with a very naughty song two minutes into the first half Cliffy GC?  No wonder security were riled.  ;)
me???????
never

there was a certain high profile player on there side who i kept screaming at to keep their nose away from the sideline :D

Dan

If reading this is it possible to send me an e-mail of the complete thread???

I want to use this as further proof to the Suncorp management.

NOT that I think we will achieve anything but serioulsy this has all been a bit over the top!!

[email protected]

hmm theres no real way to send the whole thing. I will need to extract it from the database. I should have some more time to do it all later

Hopefully keep the group together so they can sing loud and sing proud all season long.
I expect it to be louder at brookie this weekend and then we can try and get the boys over the line against the titans

Dan link said:
hmm theres no real way to send the whole thing. I will need to extract it from the database. I should have some more time to do it all later

Dan,

I have copied the entire thread for you and edited out the unnecessary bits i.e. post counts, Karma, signatures etc. and sent it via e-mail to Mark. I was going to post it in the thread but it was over the 20,000 character limit.

Daring Eagle link said:
Hopefully keep the group together so they can sing loud and sing proud all season long.
I expect it to be louder at brookie this weekend and then we can try and get the boys over the line against the titans

The support at Brookie is never usually a problem and we are gathering a goodly group of regulars who communicate a fair bit prior to the away games now and we are getting some good numbers supporting the team away.

The numbers on the supporters bus from the Leagues Club are growing week by week with over 60 travelling on it to Newcastle the other week and a good group also making their own way and then meeting pre-game and getting together at the ground

Mark from Brisbane does a good job with the QLD trips (Townsville/Brissie and Skilled) in organising packages and being a hub for the comminication that is bringing all the disparate groups together for those trips.

There will be huge numbers travelling to the Gold Coast next weekend with a function organised on the Saturday night which will have of all people Arko in attendance!

Then on game day we are all meeting at the Robina Tavern (We went there last year and you'd have thought you were at the Leagues Club when the Eagles were at home as there were so many Manly fans there)

The club is doing packages for game tickets in the away supporters bay and the function which give a discount for match tickets and there is even a bus organised (Which I believe is now full) to get people from Surfers to the Tavern then to the game and then back to Surfers plus many others are making their own way along the same plans as above.

Aaron Markie the membership manager has done amazing things to support these initiatives and do what he can to help and is a passionate supporter and tireless worker for the club so credit to him and his colleagues Grace and Alesha

For the local away games....as most of us know each other and plans are made, sites such as this and MWSE help spread the word and all are welcome (many frienships have been formed by people meeting at the games courtesy of the forums)

So, don't worry...there will be massive support for the team next week mate and throughout the season!

Cheers
Vidmar

I was bloody relieved to see you blokes on Sunday because another half where I was and we were going to be torn apart by the surrounding hillbillies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7