Falls Creek.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fro

First Grader
Looking ahead to Winter and Ski holiday again.

Last few years we have gone to Perisher but are considering doing Victoria this season. Anybody on here been to Falls.

for those who dont venture west of the spit bridge snow is that white stuff that falls from the sky.

I went to falls about 2 years ago.

Do not takea beginner there. You have to catch a chair lift just to get to the slopes and just below the beginners area is a black run so if they dont stop!

Basically it is not built for beginners and is largely blue and black runs.

personally I loved it and really enjoyed it but I am an advanced skier. It was Vicky's first time on skis though so she enjoyed it but there were plenty of tears when she tried to ski down the home run!

The best part for me was vicky went in lessons for most of the day whilst I skiid by myself so could go on any run i felt like and didnt have to wait for anyone or ski to anyone elses ability. It was fantastic!

yeah Ive only been twice before and am able to get down some blue runs without killing myself.

A few of my mates have been skiing for 20 odd years and go down anything.

sounds like it might be the go for a bit of a challenge.

that said it isnt the largest one its all facing one way so if there is a storm or blizzard there is no where to really run and hide. That would be its only faults but great for the more advanced skiiers.

Fro, they will be thinking of hail.

I havnt been to falls, but it can be very good. Generally similar to perisher or thredbo in snow conditions.

hehe skiing on hail would be interesting :)

We may end up at PB again, just checking what options there are. its only a bit further to get to the Vic slopes from here. bit cheaper as well but obviously smaller.

Fluffy: have to agree with you there. Though Australia is the best spot to learn to ski / board in the world. When you can do OK on that muck, you come off like a pro in the real stuff.

Nothing like pushing through sections of snow that come up to your knees... and all of that falling the night before!

Although I love Sunshine Valley and all that, I'm hoping to head to Newfoundland next year. I just have to cross my fingers and hope they get some fcuking snow next winter :)

i am doing a season at kickinghorse resort ,golden ,bc.The beginner slopes here are more hardcore than falls black runs..

robbiea agree. What seemed to me would be intermediate runs were marked as black runs at falls creek. there were only 1 or 2 challenging runs and that had more to do with snow levels.

Perisher is larger and has more variety. i would go there

Pussies. The only place worth BOARDING (skiing is for bitches) in Aus is Double Trouble or the half pipe at PB.

Having said that though, the VIC ski fields arent too bad.

Boarding is for the uncos, it takes no skill at all, you may as well tobbogan.

skiing in aus depends on the snow conditions. Nth P and olympic is great after a big dump, double truble is ok, but a bitch to get too. Funnel web can be good for a longer harder run.

Boarding is for the uncos, it takes no skill at all, you may as well tobbogan.

skiing in aus depends on the snow conditions. Nth P and olympic is great after a big dump.

So no good if you are constipated?

Pussies. The only place worth BOARDING (skiing is for bitches) in Aus is Double Trouble or the half pipe at PB.

Having said that though, the VIC ski fields arent too bad.

Bitches or Homos Clon

I wont book another ski trip in advance in Australia at the moment, no consistancy. I just wait till they have a dump and head down that weekend generally. Not been in Vic although might give it a ago as some family friends just bought a pub in Harriotville (I think) which is near the Vic fields.

U have never skied/boarded until u leave aus.For instance 10 days ago i was in powder as deep as my armpits.You need a snorkel here sometimes because the powder is deep & super light ,u choke on the stuff just from breathing.I will miss the footy ,but i think i can cope. Theres a massive 2 week dump on the way ,so the forecast says. Its a tough life..

Dont forget NZ either.I was there a couple of yrs ago for 2 weeks ,it worked out cheaper than OZ. You can pick up some pretty cheap packages (air included) & theres some awesome terrain down around Wanaka ,on the sth island.Definately worth a look!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4