Fainu Bros sign with Tigers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Behind PW.

Benji boost: Tigers snare sought-after Fainu brothers
1689739407074.png

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...u/news-story/ee617be9d1cc5094865b97ac5ab02b31

The Tigers have reportedly sealed the signatures of a pair of rising stars as a plan for the merger club to add an experienced coach to its ranks has been revealed.

According to Danny Weidler of 9 News, the Tigers have secured deals for brothers Latu and Samuela Fainu.

The SMH earlier reported that the club had offered four-year deals to both players, who starred for NSW in their Under 19s State of Origin victory on Thursday night.

Crucial to their signing success is a plan from Tigers powerbrokers to add an experienced coach to their ranks, something that the SMH reports has convinced leading player agents - including of the Fainu brothers - to put their faith in the merger club’s vision.

The news comes after assistant Benji Marshall pitched how he wants to the club to be shaped in the coming years to Wests bosses, with head coach Tim Sheens in on the meeting.

Marshall is in line to become to take over from Sheens in 2025 after completing a two-year apprenticeship under the former premiership winner.

“Benji’s skill is in identifying strengths and weaknesses in the club especially in our playing roster and addressing those challenges,” Tigers boss Lee Hagipantelis said to News Corp.

“His football IQ continues to impress and he has exceeded all our expectations in terms of his development as a future head coach.

Well that's that then, anybody hoping that Latu would eventually be our future 5/8, well, it's all over now. Just the thought of that wasted 900k that could of gone to a much needed front rower, ah well, that's footy I guess.

Dumb decision from them if you had the choice between the tigers or the dolphins I know who I would have chosen and anybody serious about their football would have chosen.

The dolphins have been in the comp for 5 minutes and they are already better more stable. Four seasons down the track they will be a powerhouse and the tigers will still be battling.

I feel for the brothers as the advice they are getting is not that great.

Oh well not our problem anymore I wish them luck they will need it.

Who's paying for their digs Terry...please, don't say us.
Who knows, although I imagine the club helped out in some way.

If there is a silver lining in all this, the club now seems more circumspect, sans Scotty from Recruiting,* about the sometimes illusory benefits of hoovering up other peoples’ juniors from the western badlands.

*He has joined his spiritual brothers way out west, or Concord at least.;)

Dumb decision from them if you had the choice between the tigers or the dolphins I know who I would have chosen and anybody serious about their football would have chosen.

The dolphins have been in the comp for 5 minutes and they are already better more stable. Four seasons down the track they will be a powerhouse and the tigers will still be battling.

I feel for the brothers as the advice they are getting is not that great.

Oh well not our problem anymore I wish them luck they will need it.

I guess Brisbane is a long way from Silverwater to visit their bro. I wonder if Gus will continue to visit given they have signed elsewhere.

Yet another seriously dubious decision by the club in regards to signing/retention. Just another one to go with a plethora of bad decisions over the last decade. Fuking morons.

Have no doubts at least one of them will kick on and become NRL regulars.

Yet another seriously dubious decision by the club in regards to signing/retention. Just another one to go with a plethora of bad decisions over the last decade. Fuking morons.

Have no doubts at least one of them will kick on and become NRL regulars.
In the last two seasons we have let go at least six talented young players who the club had pinned its future on. Two to Illawarra; The three Fainus Brothers plus Feledy to the Tugers. There are others, such as Preston who is now an established NRL player with Canterbury...
Is this a deliberate strategy to give up on juniors and buy established players? If so, why can't we be more like Easts and recruit really good NRL players, such as Lenu from Penrith and Young from Newcastle who will be joining the Roosters next season?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8