Explains why we Smashed them By 50 2 weeks ago

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
Norths 'a pub team'
By Steve Mascord
July 10, 2006

MELBOURNE chief executive Brian Waldron has slammed North Sydney as a "pub team" more interested in getting on the drink than playing football.

Waldron made the comments last night in response to the Bears' decision to end their feeder team relationship with the Storm in favour of a joint venture with South Sydney.

The Melbourne boss claims they dumped Norths - not the other way around.

"We pulled our players out of there two weeks ago because we were concerned about the level of professionalism in the place," he said.

"The feedback we were getting from our players was that they weren't much more than a pub team, that their players couldn't wait to get the game over with before going for a drink."

North Sydney chief executive Greg Florimo said: "Hearing those comments second hand is quite disappointing. I know it isn't true."

Florimo said the club would get more fulltimers from Souths than from the Storm.

"Melbourne also have a feeder team deal with Brisbane Norths and we have only been getting two, three, four players each weekend," said Florimo. "We need more than that if we are to compete."

Nothing has changed from when they were in the ARL then.

I wonder if Slater spilt the beans about there attitudes?

Pffffttttt. Norths. What an irrelevant pack of whingers! Always were!! Nothing has changed.

I stopped feeling sorry for them a long time ago.

LoL - Oh how I enjoyed watching Jason Wells carve them up @ Brookie two weeks ago. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. Bob Saunders legacy remains to this date...

I also have no agreement with what Melbourne have said. They accused Manly of cheating the cap last year, and when Schubert did an audit, absolutely nothing was found, yet it was ncovered the STORM had in fact cheated (only by a little bit).

Melbourne - it is time thy started to stop crying WOLF so often.

And sucked in Bears. Losers affiliate with losers. Full Stop !!!

LoL - Oh how I enjoyed watching Jason Wells carve them up @ Brookie two weeks ago. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. Bob Saunders legacy remains to this date...

I also have no agreement with what Melbourne have said. They accused Manly of cheating the cap last year, and when Schubert did an audit, absolutely nothing was found, yet it was ncovered the STORM had in fact cheated (only by a little bit).

Melbourne - it is time thy started to stop crying WOLF so often.

And sucked in Bears. Losers affiliate with losers. Full Stop !!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hopefully they align themselves well & truely with Souths ie Wooden Spooners

Geographically it would actually make more sense if they were to align themselves as manly's feeder club althiugh it woill never happen after the NE days.

They do have a couple of useful juniors that Manly could pinch who are current schoolboy rep players. After all groom is an Asquith junior.

Percy's pub across from the oval is a pretty good pub and the norths crowd used to go there before and after the game in the old days.

As norths don't have much of a crowd anymore it is no wonder the players are looking for a beer after the game. They are probably sponsored by Percy's.

Norths used to be a pub team so they have brought up the past again. back in the seventies the grades used to train at primrose park as NSO was such a shocker of an oval. Part of their training was that they used to run from the park over the harbour bridge and back.

Half the players used to stop for a couple of beers at either the oaks or Percys and then come out and catch up with the others as they were running back to primrose.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7