Expensive shopping

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I have just seen the new Choice and they are rating the cost of supermarket shopping for groceries across Australia. THE most expensive place for your bread and milk etc in 23 cities/towns measured was.... (drumroll please) ...Dubbo.

:lol: :lol:
:D

Which is what you would expect when your town is the only one where they select a Corner Store for the survey alongside the monoploy supermarkets.

What was more interesting than having "the most expensive supermarket in Australia" (I think the manager will be suing over that nonsense given that only 4 regional NSW towns were surveyed and I'm pretty damned confident Bourke or Wilcannia would cost just a bit more) was that the Dubbo Woolworths came in 5th most expensive in the State.

PRetty hard to justify until you realise that Orange has Harris Farm markets and Aldi and Bathurst as well (?). Profit taking bastards.

Bathurst has Aldi but not Harris farm.

And yes I subscribe to Pizza but not choice :)

**** protective of Dubbo aren't we matas.

nothing wrong with being proud of where you live neutral bay boy, or wherever it is. You north shore cowboys reckon its the best place god made, us country lads think the same about out here.

hey PJ, Matas and anyone else who can breathe fresh air??

yes but Ihardly defend the prices of rent or milk at the corner shop, or my local shop keeper to the point of tears

Bathurst has Aldi but not Harris farm.

Our Council are so blood inept that Harris have been waiting an age for DA and Aldi can't find a site that ticks all the boxes of the pen pushers.

Everything is about us vs. them. It must be nice to know that you can breathe fresh air, AND also buy a shack on a quality 'estate' for 30 to 80k, enforce the removal of troublemakers by bulldozing houses, buy your groceries for inflated values, be mentioned in special reports on indigenous issues and have a backlog of child abuse cases, and take part in world record attempts such as a conga line (of suckholes no doubt). Why would you want to live anywhere else? :p :) ;)
Take care country cuzs.

yeah apparently we have a Harris farm coming but no idea where it is going.

MB you are not guilty of the "anti west of the bridge" credo that our young friend is, ergo that was not aimed at you or the many well balanced sydney siders on here.

yeah apparently we have a Harris farm coming but no idea where it is going.

MB you are not guilty of the \"anti west of the bridge\" credo that our young friend is, ergo that was not aimed at you or the many well balanced sydney siders on here.

Hey i dont mind the west of the bridge. I have brunch in Crows nest sometimes

The supermarket wars are no more evident than here in sunny Noosa.

In just one part of the shire (10km square area) we have 3 x Woolworths, 1 x Coles, 1 x IGA Superstore, 6 independant convenience stores, and 1 x Aldi being constructed now after 3 years of debate about its suitability and location.

On a side note.........Dan did you put on your flannellettes and tuck those winfield reds into your sleeve when you ate at Crows Nest ? How embarrassing.

Everything is about us vs. them. It must be nice to know that you can breathe fresh air, AND also buy a shack on a quality 'estate' for 30 to 80k, enforce the removal of troublemakers by bulldozing houses, buy your groceries for inflated values, be mentioned in special reports on indigenous issues and have a backlog of child abuse cases, and take part in world record attempts such as a conga line (of suckholes no doubt). Why would you want to live anywhere else? :p :) ;)
Take care country cuzs.

I don't know how you can feel safe down there:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/i-just-butchered-my-family/2007/07/09/1183833402450.html

how horrible, and right in your town. happens all the time too.

On a side note.........Dan did you put on your flannellettes and tuck those winfield reds into your sleeve when you ate at Crows Nest ? How embarrassing.

Dark Sunnies, hat, high collared shirt.....I didnt want to be seen and recognised

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4