Expansive Game or Safety First

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
In watching last weekend's trial it seemed obvious that Manly were adopting a more expansive style than that exhibited last year. We seemed to pass one and two players from the ruck, rather than straight hitups and there was more effort to try and offload in the tackle.

Mixed feelings about this as despite the uncertainty it creates in attack, it also means a higher risk of mistake. Should it be safety first in our own half and more creative in the opposition half.

What was heartening is that we looked more like the Manly of old with some ad-lib football and a higher skill level amongst the players.

It was noticeable that we made a lot of mistakes in the second half, with players trying for impossible balls etc

Maybe it was only because it was a trial. I look forward to reports from tomorrow's trial as to whether this trend continues.

Good sumary, the conditions may have played a part in it as well.

Is anyone going down to give us a match report??

If Danny is going let me know and I will post updates on the site if I can get near a computer. I will not ring every three minutes like Mata though!!!

I'm a safety first kinda guy.

We have a big pack. I'd like to see them bang it up all day and pulverise the opposition before unleashing the speed men on a demoralised opposition.

But maybe that's just dreaming. :wink:

We do seem to have some more 'Metre Eaters this year" which is good as we won't have to rely on Hoppa to get out of our half. It is more than metres in attack as some teams seem content to concede a few metres here and there if it means that their defensive line stays the same way they like it.

I am keen on the idea of being able to pinpoint an attack at where the weaknesses exist. To have Beaver and Watmough hitting the line a little wider rather than mere hitups would be great and enhance our attack immensely.

They way monas finished off the season gives me enough confidence to think that when we are in the danger zone we have a good chance.

I would like to see our forwards bustling it up in our own half most of the time.

The odd bit of flashy play to keep the opposition second guessing will help as well

Instead of using that sticky spray on our hands, we need to replace them all together with those sticky flick hand you get in those coin machines that give you a toy in a little ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4