Expansion Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did anyone see that??? Good.

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:
I have said sorry to you JBB. I have even used capitals for your user name. I mean no disrespect and it was my obviously useless attempt at levity that has now confused you. You seem to have misplaced your God given Qld sense of humour.;)
I have no problem with you JBB, but please don't bristle up and get all "key board hard" with me "buddy". I will not cop it sweet.
Please enjoy the rest of your day and pay me no more mind. Have a great weekend!! Cheers :)

I have no problem with you JBB, but please don't bristle up and get all "key board hard" with me "buddy". I will not cop it sweet.

This s**t made me laugh hard so i must still have a sense of humour .
:D

cheers moz enjoy your weekend, there is no hard feelings here,

Sweet mate. Now that's how things get sorted. MK and C&C... would you guys like to add to this?? :D

I never let myself forget that when it comes to thoughts of NRL expansion the Bears supporters harbour the desire to see the end of the Sea Eagles.

It might lack a pragmatic approach but stuff it, I get emotive and cant bring myself to support a CC inclusion.

Perth & probably Ipswich gets my vote.

Jatz Crackers said:
I never let myself forget that when it comes to thoughts of NRL expansion the Bears supporters harbour the desire to see the end of the Sea Eagles.

How very true!

mozgrame said:
Hamster Huey said:
mozgrame said:
How does Qld produce such a talent pool if the residents are not passionate about the game? How has Qld dominated SOO for so long? Please don't be fooled by southern media "reports", we are the true heartland. I don't believe for a second that you believe flight patterns will not change if a NRL team is introduced JBB. That sort of tunnel vision and narrow mindedness is what inhibits growth and productivity the most. If you think there are no solutions apart from those methods that are in place right here and now, then we may aswell just kick back and stagnate while watching the other codes thrive.
I do appreciate your time in gathering the figures HH, but how can you not see that Rocky and Perth are the obvious choices for new entities. We do not have the clog of competition for corporate sponsorship and new memberships that Sydney/Brisbane and even Melbourne have. The NRL would be finally breaking new ground and tapping a huge and hardly challenged resource here moreso than even Perth. There will be 2 teams introduced, Perth and, if they are as wise as we the fans would hope, CQ.

I'm anti-CC. I have no problems with Perth but I see a 2nd Bris team as a must.

CQ is a pipedream until they have the population in the immediate area and the appropriate infrastructure to support it. Having just 70,000 to draw on consistantly is not a strong case for inclusion, especially when there is no threat to the area from other footballing codes.

Their time will come but it will probably be 10-15 years before we can seriously re-examine the CQ's chances.

And Qld dominate SOO series results because they have the best 1-6-7-9 combo for the last few years. But for all that domination, they have only clean-sweep a single series and also enjoyed NSW taking a game to Melbourne. It isn't a product of their 'passion'; just of various circumstances which puts them on top of the pile. That's sport, not passion.

Mate, you have pulled that figure of 70 000 from the deep dark depths of your clacker. LOL. The region is from Mackay to Bundaberg and west to the boarder. We often drive 14 to 16 hour round trips to watch a quality game. Have team, will travel.
As for Origin, you are telling me that circumstances or "as luck would have it" is why the blues can't jag a series. Bear in mind, i am a blues supporter. The Qld team will tear and fight against all odds to get a win. The Qld fans are just as, if not more passionate. If the Blues could gather half of the passion, will and determination that the Toads and their fans muster, they'd have a few more series wins. How many times have you heard Gould say, "I don't know what it is Qlders have, but if we could bottle it and give it to our boys..."?
The only team that resembles the Qld origin side is Manly. You know why?? Because we have the will, determination and ...you guessed it PASSION to win!

ABS census has Rocky at a population of 70,000 which is relevant to my comment of the 'immediate area'. It is an issue that the bid needs to add Mackay to their area, because the Cowboys see it as theirs and the split of sponsors out of that one town is not healthy.

There are more people in Townsville than within a 2hr drive of Rocky, and the Cowboys are not profitable despite a sizeable population on their doorstep. Neither Canberra or Newcastle can do it either, with even bigger population bases, and the Steelers packed it up as a stand-alone because they couldn't achieve financial security either.

The CC is also in that situation IMO and it's another reason I dismiss any suggestion of the likes of Darwin.

Phil Gould is employed to pass of hyperbole as commentary. Ask him whether any of the 17 he had under him in any SOO match he coached had less passion than the Maroons, and he'll give you an emphatic 'no'.

Qld'ers give the impression they have more passion, but it probably more correct to suggest that their support is simply more focused. They measure themselves against everybody that isnt from their state, and in particular NSW, and then only ramp it up with RL. The plethora of other sports they play against each other barely get mentioned as part of this supposed 'passion'.

It's simply a facade.

Hi Hamster Huey. I appreciate the time and effort you have put in to your post. As part of one of the businesses i own, i deal closely with the Rockhampton Regional Council. The boundaries of this region are no more than a half hour drive in all directions. All councils conduct ERP's which are Estimated Resident Population counts. The next lot of ERP figures will be made available in April 2012.

Townsville hit a population of 190 000 in April 2011. Of course this figure would be bigger if their regions numbers were included.

Rockhamptons figures for the council REGION, not town, thats a half hour drive either way from city hall was 115 526.

Gladstone is a 1.5 hour trip from Rocky. (1hr if you know where the speed traps are ;)) Gladstone council region figures as of last year 60 316

We are already at 175 842. I have lived in Qld all my life. Trust me, Mackay is CQ and has been part of the bid since its inception. Townsville can claim a player from Mackay as easily as we did with DCE, but they hold no special agreement with Mackay region. Mackay is a 3 to 3.5hr drive from Rockhampton. This is considered a Sunday cruise by CQ standards

Mackay council region figures are 118 842.

We are now at 294 684.

As i stated previously, the CQ bid encompasses an agreed upon by all parties area of Mackay to Bundaberg and from coast to western boarder. It is NOT the Rockhampton bid. I have not included figures from other council regions, but am happy to enquire and get back to you with figures, but for the sake of other site users, and the fact that i'm sure we are boring them to death, we'll do it by PM. Cheers!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2