Exedus From The Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Does this trend worry anyone?

Daniel Heckenberg - released with one year option to run;
Ashley Alberts - released with one year to run;
Kane Cleal - released with two years to run;
Sam Harris - Released with one year to run;
Scott Donald - took up UK option in contract;
John Hopoate - released due to behavioural issues;
Pat Wilson - Wants to exit the club;
Paul Cummings - stood down from various positions;
Jamie Lyon - LOOKS to be wanting to go elsewhere;
Matt Orford / Des Hasler rumours.

In my opinion, Crusher is looking to wrack off with sonny boy, and this is why "all of a sudden", Lyon will now negotiate with Parra again.

I think there is something heavily going wrong at the club. There "appears" to be a deep seated lack of loyalty and / or passion in The Manly brand by those working t the club !!!

!pray: !pray: !pray: don't let this be the case.

Look guys - Bell, BK, Orford etc are GREAT, don't get me wrong, but we need to start to uncover some REAL talented youth soon, because our players aren't getting younger, and the class ones are older.

Just my whinge for the day.

Hi Ryan, sometime since we have crossed paths, but as I am bored I thought I would respond to you on this article.

You have stated that you think something is wrong with Manly, a big statement. Do you have anything to back it up with or is it just a gut instinct? You have mentioned a number of players/management that have left or are rumoured to be leaving. Whilst on the surface you theory may have some vaildity if you just scratch the surface your hypothesis just doesn't have legs. Here is my view on the persons you have mentioned.

"Daniel Heckenberg - released with one year option to run";
Not happy with the release of Hecks. However we have some close contacts with the London Harlequinns and his form there this season has been disgraceful. Maybe the club knew something we didn't

"Ashley Alberts - released with one year to run;"
Has a history of becoming "homesick". He obvioulsy has some issues with his life that none of us are likley to be aware of.

"Kane Cleal - released with two years to run;"
Played first grade and failed, not setting the world alight in PL. Why should we not release him, smart move in my view.

"Sam Harris - Released with one year to run;"
Whilst Sam has plenty of talent he just has not realised it at this stage. Whilst I thought the decision may bite us in the bum his form with the Tigers this year has been less than good. Diificult to critisise the club, even with the benefit of hindsight.

"Scott Donald - took up UK option in contract;"
Had a poor year last year with us and is not playing well in the English SL this year.

"John Hopoate - released due to behavioural issues;"
Hoppa, had more chances than Roger Rogerson, his lack of discipline finally caught up with him.

"Pat Wilson - Wants to exit the club;"
He is looking to grow his career, can't see a problem with that. Who wouldn't given the opportunity!

"Paul Cummings - stood down from various positions;"
Cummings has retired, give the guy a break. He came out of retirement to lead us out of the NE debacle. Let him enjoy his retirement.

"Jamie Lyon - LOOKS to be wanting to go elsewhere;"
Jamie Lyon rumour #6,973, c'mon Ryan surely even you don't place any credence in Jamie Lyon rumours now.

"Matt Orford / Des Hasler rumours."
Rumours that have been strongly denied. Orford's form in the last few weeks should have dispelled that rumour.

Don't always go looking for the bad things, sometimes the good things are right in front of you but your, at times, blinkered view doesn't let you enjoy them.

Kane Cleal - still playing PL at souths
Sam Harris - hasnt showed anything at wests
Ashley Alberts- showed a bit of promise , but no great loss
Pat Wilson - easily replaced
Matt Orford / Des Hasler rumours.- Media Beat up
Jamie Lyon - ive heard he still is coming to us

IMO all thos players that were released were dead wood, costing the club money when it could be spent elsewhere! the club did the right thing in releasing donald, cant tackle, harris, pea brained over rated, heckenberg, alright but we have better, hopoate, his own fault nothing to do with the club, cummings still involved, jamie lyon does not play for us now we cant be looking at that as a loss, and des and orford was a crock.
so ryan, sleep tight and know that uncle arko will look after everything.

Why put Hoppa on that list , if there is a so called trend of disloyalty-!,Dirt digger..clutcher of straws ...Ryanostradamus
If i were to guess ,i wouldnt say it was down to lack of passion or disloyalty ,the big problem as i see it is a total lack of proffesionalism.I think we need a boss ,who takes no **** ,& who isnt afraid to throw out some of the old furniture at the club..

talk about finding a cloud attached to a silver lining!

This isnt the Bears Ryan relax. There is no one on that list i would lose sleep over, only Jamie Lyon and ive mentioned elsewhere centres would not be at the top of the list if we where requiring big name ( read big money) players.

I went to the roosters / broncos game last night, Webke and Petro where just amazing, both ageing yet both so damaging. The sooner we get at least 1 origin quality front rower the better.

The other thing is releasing all those guys means $$$$$$$ in the bank at the ready for some new sigings for 07!

3 wins and Rhino's gotta shell out some dollars to get in and the shock has probably caused his brain to snap freeze. :)
Salmon Rushdie has good reason to be paranoid; Ryan, you need to enjoy how well we are going.

Hmmm...valid arguments guys.
Corso - I somewhat agree with what you say, but for mine it's not about individual players and/or their decisions, but rather a vibe about the place (very Castle like I know).

I guess the Ben Kennedy, Matt Orford, Steve Bell factor etc is going to naturally attract the young talent.

That's my concern though....WE need some players of the ilk of:-

Canberra - Chris Kahler
Souths - John Sutton
Bulldogs - Sonny Bill
Wests - Benji
Parra - Willie Tonga
Easts - Isea Soliola

etc etc...It just appears the guys that break into our 1st grade team (young ones), are fringe players.

Again I think it comes down to junior development, and I think Manly are appaulling in this area.

That's why we need just ONE good YOUNG first grade player.

Look, if we miss out on Lyon, Tonga would be a great assett.

Does this trend worry anyone?

No, not me.

Daniel Heckenberg - Was solid enough, but Bryant is capable replacement
Ashley Alberts - Didn't want to be here and obviously doesn't have the head for NRL so no loss.
Kane Cleal - PL standard at best.
Sam Harris - Never lived up to potential.
Scott Donald - Robertson looks like more than capable replacement.
John Hopoate - Good riddance.
Pat Wilson - Came from Rugby and wants to go back. Good luck to him.
Paul Cummings - Taking back seat by choice from what I understand.
Jamie Lyon - Sick of hearing about him. Let's wait till July 1 and we will all find out what he is doing.
Matt Orford / Des Hasler - rumours....exactly !!!

It's not a worrying trend, it's called chopping the dead wood. None of those that have left have been irreplaceable.

"Again I think it comes down to junior development, and I think Manly are appaulling (sic) in this area.

That's why we need just ONE good YOUNG first grade player."

Do the names Brett Stewart and Anthony Watmough ring any bells ??? Maybe Burns will add himself to the list. Also I seem to recall someone continuously beating the Cuthbo, Styles, Ballin et al drum.

Canberra - Chris Kahler
Souths - John Sutton
Bulldogs - Sonny Bill
Wests - Benji
Parra - Willie Tonga
Easts - Isea Soliola

etc etc...It just appears the guys that break into our 1st grade team (young ones), are fringe players.

Again I think it comes down to junior development, and I think Manly are appaulling in this area.

That's why we need just ONE good YOUNG first grade player.

Look, if we miss out on Lyon, Tonga would be a great assett.
Willie Tonga left Parra in 2004 for the Dogs. Is rumoured to be going to play Rugby for the Reds!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4