Exciting times

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
So much to like in today's efforts, the youthful members of our team really standing up, some of the older blokes showing some great form and our stars really standing out

I won't get too carried away, as the Sharks weren't up too much at times, but there is definitely a lot to be hopeful about. The young halves pairing is looking good, our backline movement from 1 side of the part to the other is creating problems for the opposition defence, and it will only get crisper and better executed from this point on, Farrar is chiming in nicely as well

Will be interesting to see which way we go next week, Kite will definitely be missing 2 weeks I think, having some carryover points from a similar tackle in round 1. I think he may go back to Seu Seu on the bench, but if we stick with 4 big men, Mauro will probably come in, maybe even Lussick

Farrar is looking safe at the back, Robbo back to his finishing best on 1 wing, and although he didn't see a lot of ball today T-Rex still going ok as well

Lyon, outstanding, can't really say much more about his match. Was my fantasy captain as well so even more reason to smile for me. Matai, 1 bad read, but outside of that, very good again in both areas of the game, had Pomeroy's measure all day

Halves, Foran was massive today, so excited about his potential, he is dominating the pairing and Hodkinson is playing his role nicely. Foran's kicking game today was the best I have seen in a Manly shirt for a long time

Thought all of our pack was good today, not many errors from Watmough and all the big boppers running hard. Stewart is looking very dangerous this season next to Lyon

I want to give a special mention to the benchmen, Cross and Galuvao. 2 signings some were unsure of, but both are offering outstanding value for us, and the loss of Kite to suspension will not hit us as hard with this 2 picking up more minutes. Galuvao in particular is always hitting the line and still pushing forward

I don't expect us to win next week, but do think we can provide them some stiff opposition

Yes,i noticed today we looked dangerous all arvo with our backline movement as you say,Sharks are pretty much the worst team in the comp so i couldnt really tell if we were as dangerous or just that they were so bad,but we did threaten alot of the time when spreading the ball out in the backs,it is great to see.

At worst, it will be good experience for the young guys to get the experience of playing melbourne in melbourne.. Looking forward to seeing our tactics.

Exciting times today.. realised my season ticket seats in the Jane Try stand are right in front of Dessie.. was great entertainment value!!

Kiwi, I don't know which Choc you watched today, but I saw Our Choc do his usual drop ball routine.  It's becoming monotonous.  King gave away his usual two penalties as well.  I think Des ought to say a few well chosen words in the big guys ears about setting a captain's example regarding discipline.  All well otherwise. 

Didn't notice too much drop ball from him today DSM, the pushed pass was frustrating when we looked certain to score, don't remember many others. Running game looked far better today

Imagine having Brett coming back in July etc, you would be sitting here going we could go real close!! It's been refreshing watching Foran and Hokko, we look dangerous and Jamie is just a gun centre, Matai made some great runs yesterday, Rodney is still a plodder and looked injured yesterday, Cross and Joe try hard, Bailey is poor and a very average signing on what we have seen so far

Thanks Channel 9, don’t schedule Storm v Manly, the rematch of ’07 and ’08 Finals, and a pretty good rivalry, to Friday night or Sunday arvo foorball, and instead let Fox move it to Monday night football, where the majority of people can’t watch the game. I’m sure our sponsors are loving that. We’re not the Roosters, Tigers, Broncos or Dragons, so no hope of us getting a free-to-air game. I think next week will be the 7th game in a row the Dragons have been on free-to-air tv, and the Tigers aren’t far behind. Manly? None. Dragons haven’t even won a comp in over 30 years, unbelievable.

Before you all start bashing Ch 9 (who in most cases deserve it) just remember that Melb's home ground is Ethiad at the moment and the AFL use it on Fri, Sat & Sun. Monday was the only option. 

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6