ex eagle retires from nrl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Eel Stringer forced into NRL retirement

Parramatta prop Paul Stringer has retired from the NRL after a routine scan revealed he had sustained a serious back injury.

Stringer will undergo surgery after it was discovered he had a bulging disk that is placing undue pressure on his spinal cord.

The 30-year-old played 143 first grade games for Parramatta, Norths, Northern Eagles and Souths.

"I'm obviously very disappointed for it to end this way, but at the same time I have a family to think about and the rest of my life ahead of me," Stringer said.

"I've had a terrific time in rugby league, especially the last couple of years at Parramatta, and still hope to be able to contribute off the field."

Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said Stringer was well respected by everyone at the club.

"Paul had an immediate impact on everyone the moment he arrived at Parramatta and his professional approach to both training and playing has been duplicated throughout the club," he said.

"On behalf of everyone in rugby league I want to wish him all the best."

Parramatta coach Jason Taylor said Stringer will be sorely missed.

"I'm disappointed for Paul and I know that a player of his experience is hard to replace," he said.

"At the same time I want to thank him for his contribution to this club and we all wish him a full and speedy recovery."

© 2006 AAP

I'll remember him for his Bear playing days...nothing more. Why a player would want to play for The Eels is beyond me. I dislike their ilk as much as The Wheel hates the ol' Bear supporters.

Stinger had his back problem when he was at northern eagles and that is why we let him go.

Parra's season goes from bad to worse. :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

Never a Sea Eagle - only a Beagle as Fluffster has said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4