evans only asking for a release if his current deal isn't upgraded

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
"I asked for the release for next year so we could have a look around if Manly can't match his market value. I told them they could have the final right of refusal. They said no straight away. At least I put it out there."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherry-evans-seeks-a-release-from-the-manly-sea-eagles/story-e6frexnr-1226299700218

Orr just putting pressure on Manly to upgrade his deal, but gee if we **** this up, there will be riots

If Manly are only offering him 125,000 up from 80,000 for next year then we deserve to lose him, give the kid a decent increase please!! At least Orr can see its at DCE's best interests to stay with Foran and Manly.

torana355 said:
If Manly are only offering him 125,000 up from 80,000 for next year then we deserve to lose him, give the kid a decent increase please!! At least Orr can see its at DCE's best interests to stay with Foran and Manly.

Can you give me a look at the Manly financials you've obviously got at home?

Volley said:
torana355 said:

Im going off the link in the OP, the fact Orr has come out and said there are toyota cup players on more money sort of backs it up too.

Volley said:
torana355 said:

Don't need to look at financials his point is valid if they offer him 125 that is a joke.

what pisses me off is the headline everyone will see tomorrow on a dean ritchie article being "Cherry-Evans wants out of Manly"

torana355 said:

What if we only have $45k left in the cap??

DO you want us to cheat?

Lester 12 said:
Volley said:
torana355 said:

Don't need to look at financials his point is valid if they offer him 125 that is a joke.

They havent offered him 125k, the 125k is what he would receive on his current contract for next year. Only the parties to the negotiation know how much extra they have offered him to bump his current 80k this year and 125k next year to.

seaeagles4life said:
Lester 12 said:
Volley said:
torana355 said:

They havent offered him 125k, the 125k is what he would receive on his current contract for next year. Only the parties to the negotiation know how much extra they have offered him to bump his current 80k this year and 125k next year to.

Fair enough, i understand.

bob dylan said:
torana355 said:

What if we only have $45k left in the cap??

DO you want us to cheat?

If there is no way we can give him a better deal then at least come out and let the fans know we have no chance of keeping him. I don't think that is the case though as we have players coming off contract at the end of the season.

Basically what daly and his manager will have to consider is whether to stay for an upgraded 175k (guess) for this yr and 175k next and then work out a deal for 400k a yr from 2014 onwards.

if he rejects that then manly can just say well stay on your 80k and 125k and he will probably sign elsewhere for 450k 2014 onwards if he isnt released.

this would mean he loses out on 150k or whatever they can upgrade him to but probably gets it back over time at another ****ty club like souths, which could very well reduce his value in the long run.

wont be a ****ty club mate....Broncos will be all over him. NRL have to do something about this...takes so much away from the game, just 2 rounds into 2012. my sons are freak'n...gotta question the system that allows this to happen during competition.

Rugby League has and always will be a Whores game when it comes to players and clubs in regards to loyalty. Its an unfortunate by-product of the professional game. But the situation at the moment is ridiculous. I cant help but think that its a little bit of Karma coming to us from our days of taking the likes of Boyd etc from the poorer clubs. Unfortunately for us the Super League Super Whores won the war and we have been very lucky to be winning like we have. Whatever will be will be but i hope people will look on these poachers the same way they looked at us for the last 50 years.

TBH let him go.

I say this only because no matter who pulls the 7 on, we will support him.

I know hes better than most of the 1/2's running around today. I know hes a deserved kangaroo. I know hes a brilliant player.

But you know, I know that no matter how hard we try no matter how many deals we do, we cant keep them all.

I want Joe to earn a living. In my humble opinion Mr 150K a year did more last year to earn it than any player in a maroon and white jersey (including little DCE). Appendum Foran maybe outplayed that comment.

I would like Darcy to hang around. I want Robbo back. Hell I'd take lyon for 4 more years. Matai - i love the guy, hes heart. Actually who do you all want to lose ?

I don't want Brett or Glenn to go over DCE. Why? Because Brett and Glenn are Manly.

Win or lose. Premiership or not. I support Manly and tbh I support the players that did the job and made my memories.

I will never forget watching Fatty run out with a Rorters jersey on.

Lucky there was no internet back then ey?

Good luck DCE. I hope you stay. But if you don't. Please fade away.

Manly is Manly - win lose or draw.

I want doesn't matter.

psau14 said:
TBH let him go.

I say this only because no matter who pulls the 7 on, we will support him.

I know hes better than most of the 1/2's running around today. I know hes a deserved kangaroo. I know hes a brilliant player.

But you know, I know that no matter how hard we try no matter how many deals we do, we cant keep them all.

I want Joe to earn a living. In my humble opinion Mr 150K a year did more last year to earn it than any player in a maroon and white jersey (including little DCE). Appendum Foran maybe outplayed that comment.

I would like Darcy to hang around. I want Robbo back. Hell I'd take lyon for 4 more years. Matai - i love the guy, hes heart. Actually who do you all want to lose ?

I don't want Brett or Glenn to go over DCE. Why? Because Brett and Glenn are Manly.

Win or lose. Premiership or not. I support Manly and tbh I support the players that did the job and made my memories.

I will never forget watching Fatty run out with a Rorters jersey on.

Lucky there was no internet back then ey?

Good luck DCE. I hope you stay. But if you don't. Please fade away.

Manly is Manly - win lose or draw.

I want doesn't matter.

Umm no

He does not leave

I think I may have been banned from commenting on Daily Telegraph articles - they must recognise my email address and my previous comments articulating how biased they are. Anyway, looks like DCE's manager stuffed up by signing that contract for 3 years and wants a bigger slice of the pie. Still, have a look at Gavin Orr's website - still has Greg Bird "captaining the Catalan Dragon in the UK Super League", Liam Foran playing for "Auckland Warriors" and no mention of DCE:
http://www.pacificsportsmanagement.com/profile.php?sport=rugbyl&id=21

conanu said:
Rugby League has and always will be a Whores game when it comes to players and clubs in regards to loyalty. Its an unfortunate by-product of the professional game. But the situation at the moment is ridiculous. I cant help but think that its a little bit of Karma coming to us from our days of taking the likes of Boyd etc from the poorer clubs. Unfortunately for us the Super League Super Whores won the war and we have been very lucky to be winning like we have. Whatever will be will be but i hope people will look on these poachers the same way they looked at us for the last 50 years.
You're wrong. Rugby League was always about the loyalty, but not any more.How can you compare what happened 30 odd years ago with Boyd is astonishing. We are light years in terms of players wages, clubs administration, and the overall product of rugby league, which is nothing more than big business. (Karma is crap as well)

We shouldnt have to upgrade him. He signed the contract, its a contract. He agreed to it. Anything extra we give him should bee seen as a bonus. He should be happy we are offering him a little bit more over the next two years. Remember No one else wanted him when we took him in , show some integrity.

Matabele said:
It's a shame Delmege has run out of apartments to give away.

And to think it happened around the same time as his divorce... Poor guy can't take a trick :p

Ceagle said:
"I asked for the release for next year so we could have a look around if Manly can't match his market value. I told them they could have the final right of refusal. They said no straight away. At least I put it out there."

The above is the crucial element. "At least I put it out there"

I believe the asking for a release was a throw away line. Orr new Manly wouldn't give him a release. I believe DCE when he says he wants to stay at Manly, and I believe he will. But the journos take it out of context and just write DCE wants out at Manly. BS he does!!
No doubt he has performed above expectations and in his eyes deserves to be rewarded for that. And I think he probably does too.
These negotiations will go back and forth and sometimes take time. Thats why they are called negotiations.
And lets be honest, we have a lot of contracts to negotiate.

Give it time. It will all get sorted and DCE will be Manly for life.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6