Ennis Retiring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ennis retiring, Gallen Lewis Heighinton & co either finishing or going downhill, the Sharkies premiership window will close in about 9 weeks...

He will become a media personality. He is lucid, looks presentable and off field adopts a much milder persona. He'll at least be better at commentating than dribblers A Johns and B Finch.

Who cares. If sharks don't win this year that will be it for a while with their aging roster. Couple of good young outside backs that's about it.

Who cares. If sharks don't win this year that will be it for a while with their aging roster. Couple of good young outside backs that's about it.

Yep Sharkies have one big shot, if they **** it up it will be back to the drawing board.

The pressure will be immense.

EVERYONE from Newcastle has their grand final story.

That moment Darren Albert tiptoed past Manly in 1997 to steal the Knights a first premiership is indelible to most.

Michael Ennis is no different. But, at the same time, he is totally different.

In 1997 Ennis was a Newcastle junior of much promise and, like many of his friends, was front and centre at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Naturally he was stunned by the result, and Ennis drove home with his dad and brother in shock.

Somewhere just past Hornsby, he decided he'd hate Newcastle forever.

"I was a Manly boy. My uncle Frank Stanton was there and I used to go down to Sydney and watch Manly a lot," Ennis says.

"I couldn't believe it. The Knights hadn't beaten Manly for two or three years. I thought we were home. I suppose I was that young I didn't really know what "Joey" [Andrew Johns] was all about.

"I came home shattered and it was only about a week later I got a letter asking to trial for the Knights. I guess you could say I grew to support Newcastle."

As a budding hooker and five-eighth, Ennis says he still found it "weird" when, years later, he began travelling and playing with the Knights, amid stars who had shattered him that day as a 13-year-old.

I've grown to like him. Took till last year to get there.
He's a sh*t stirrer but a different character of the game where players do and say the same thing now.
Yeah he's grubby but I don't think anything he ever did would bruise a grape.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8