Enforcer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Someone else mentioned it in another thread, after Marty got cleaned up on Friday night, and it really got me thinking again.

1987 Rambo
1996 Spudd
2008 Choc was unbelievable in that run to the finals and beyond.
2011 Choc again/ Big George off the bench.

It has always been said that premiership winning sides have an enforcer, someone who will step up for the team when needed, and essentially put fear in the oppositions mind.

Marty got taken high by Hetherington, and we all stood around and did nothing.

Lachlan Lewis took Munster out yesterday, and Welsch ( lol, yeah Welsch) ran over and sat Lewis on his arse immediately. No punches thrown.

Who do we have like that ? Not to say we aren't tough, but we are not scaring anyone.
I want a Hipgrave, RCG, Hetherington, Bateman, JWH, type. Someone that the opposition spend the game looking out for. Someone who runs out with the eyes spinning.

Keppie sort of had it last year, but has lost that edge.
RGC & Bateman????? You’re kidding right?

I shake my head with utter bewilderment every time I hear Marty described as a Manly enforcer ... he is no more than a metre collection technican .... enforcer my pimply old arse ...

I have been saying for 2 years our forwards have no mongrel and offer nil in the intimidation stakes .... not saying we need to have 6 boofheads ... but we do have to stop teams lining up to run at us with impunity ....
Bull$hit!!!

I've only seen Tenterfield play twice and both times he got into a punch-up.
Now, I'm not saying that is commendable but he is fiery and thus fits the description of 'enforcer'.
NRL is a step up in quality, and responsibility. You can't afford a player to be sin-binned, sent off or suspended.... but I'd love to see him given a run in First Grade to see if he is of NRL standard and discipline.

Bull$hit!!!

Usually if you call BS it might help to explain why... I thought there were some valid points in this thread.

On the enforcer point... the biggest hit of the game last week came from Olakau'atu, with 3 or 4 games experience. Can't remember too many other big hits from the game.

Separately, a phrase I've read a lot here to describe our 2008 and 2011 teams was "Making metres with our defense". I just don't see it with our squad at the moment.

Usually if you call BS it might help to explain why... I thought there were some valid points in this thread.

On the enforcer point... the biggest hit of the game last week came from Olakau'atu, with 3 or 4 games experience. Can't remember too many other big hits from the game.

Separately, a phrase I've read a lot here to describe our 2008 and 2011 teams was "Making metres with our defense". I just don't see it with our squad at the moment.
No ,you are right .
This team is more about "Losing metres in attack"...

No response indeed,AFB,SITTO,THOMMO were out,the rest knew Hetherington can blue,he is a renown fighter.

Bull$hit!!!

Thank you for taking the time to both notice .. and respond to my post ... I know that the thought that went into it would have been taxing, especially as thinking doesn't come easy for you ..

... and then to actually type it whilst chewing crayons and licking the screen is a wonderful testament to your perseverance .... and thank your mum on my behalf for letting you use the computer ... I know it is a chore to clean up all the drool when you finish .... cheers ...

The total absence of reaction by our guys to the Marty hit was the most disappointing thing I have seen from a Manly side in a long time. You don't need to throw a punch to show that you are passionate and aggressive. Fear comes from passion and aggression....not a cheap punch. Not one single Manly player out of our 13 showed that on Friday. Sorry Marty, wish I had been there for you mate.

The total absence of reaction by our guys to the Marty hit was the most disappointing thing I have seen from a Manly side in a long time. You don't need to throw a punch to show that you are passionate and aggressive. Fear comes from passion and aggression....not a cheap punch. Not one single Manly player out of our 13 showed that on Friday. Sorry Marty, wish I had been there for you mate.

I agree with you 100% .... but in the back of my mind I can't help thinking that I never see Marty even talk to a team mate during the game ... let alone look invested or passionate .... Marty doesn't exactly fire up or rush in to support other blokes when they are whacked ... trying not to draw conclusions from my thoughts ....

I think Marty plays the game by the numbers ... and rarely looks invested or personally involved ... some think that is a good thing .... but I'm ... nah ...

RGC & Bateman????? You’re kidding right?

Bateman especially is a grub of the highest order. Exactly what we need....not Bateman personally, but the grubby type who thrives on winning each and every contest.

And not really the point of this thread, but RCG would be the 1st prop I would pick in my team.
Wanted him bad at Manly when he was playing **** and unwanted at Penrith...now Parra get the benefit, with Panthers chipping in big $$$ as well.

Honestly we need another Jason King ... Jake has the same passion but not the same 'take no sh*t'
That hit on Sam Kasiano and one on Burgess turned games around for us .... he may not have been the best prop in the game but man you couldn't fault his Manly heart and bravery

Last edited:
I think it was a 2014 game at Gosford when we beat the bunnies 14-12 he took on all three Burgii and hammered them .... its a pity there is no youtube clips showing that game and the one against the dogs at Brooky when he creamed Kasiano

We see teams when their player cops a high shot and they all passionately run in around the culprit to make a statement and NRL has no rules for passionate statements !!!
Not stand around lifeless like we did

Maybe they all thought like everyone else and the MRC that he'd be sent off so no need to make a statement.
The ref should have made a statement and pointed to the sheds.
How he didn't get sent yet gets charged with a Grade 3 ( 382 points = 3 weeks) is more an indictment on the games rulemakers, referees and administrators than it is on our players for
not getting into handbags at 5 paces in my opinion.

The one thing not being mentioned here in the rush to find problems with our team is our only "starting forward" (meaning players who would make our pack at full strength) who wasnt unconscious was Jake and to be fair that isn't his role.

Now I agree it would be good to see some fire from Keppie and Paseka but we are early doors with these guys

I agree with you 100% .... but in the back of my mind I can't help thinking that I never see Marty even talk to a team mate during the game ... let alone look invested or passionate .... Marty doesn't exactly fire up or rush in to support other blokes when they are whacked ... trying not to draw conclusions from my thoughts ....

I think Marty plays the game by the numbers ... and rarely looks invested or personally involved ... some think that is a good thing .... but I'm ... nah ...

Woodsie I know what you mean re Marty. He certainly comes across that way. Enforcer he is not. You know we have a good stock of middle forwards, but I would love the club to put a decent bid in for Hetherington. On loan from Panthers and with the Panthers well stocked he may be interested. He is an enforcer!!! Loved the way he stood up to Maria Hargreaves last week.

I think it is good the team has 9 days so stuff can be worked on.
Mongrel would be nice
Handling would be nice too, but we were over 85% with about 10 minutes to go and losing by 10 (see point 1 then)

Its so funny, when they kicked off and Cherry caught it, I had this flashing thought when he went towards the sideline "oh it's the Warriers they are not so bad they wont push him over". What happened? They grabbed his arse and flung him over the sideline like a sack of potatoes.

Says a lot about the attitude between the two teams. If I thought that, even for a fleeting moment, I bet they were too.

9 days for Manly to play like a team and show some passion. It's been a long time, and hello 10th we come if nothing changes. No excuses - we are up against a lame Tigers, and one game behind Cronulla who have a horrible draw to make the 8.

Hate to say it, but I don't think anything will change because this team is soft mentally.

That's why if I'm proven right, it's clean-out time.

NYEagle

Honestly we need another Jason King ... Jake has the same passion but not the same 'take no sh*t'
That hit on Sam Kasiano and one on Burgess turned games around for us .... he may not have been the best prop in the game but man you couldn't fault his Manly heart and bravery

This is the one, Kitey runs out of the line first and misses and then Kingy just absolutely puts Kasiano on his arse. Think they clashed heads and Kasiano was out cold....Kingy just keeps going.

Cant find the one of King versus Burgess Brothers but he didn't take a backward step and I agree this team lacks that...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4