Elsegood Article in Sea Eagle News

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
This article has provoked some reaction on MSE. I have included the article in full below, for mature discussion:

Fickle Fans Make my Blood Boil

Elsewhere by Jack Elsegood

Manly supporters need to take a pill and get behind their side. I am amazed at the criticism of the side on the club's website from so called loyal fans.

On the website and on talk back radio they are giving it to Des Hasler and his side ....... and they are in second position after 16 rounds of the premiership! It has always struck me as one of the strange things in sport how people who call themselves loyal start throwing darts as soon as the side hits a hurdle.

The losses in recent weeks against the Dogs and the Dragons show how intense and close is this competition. On any given day the first placed team can be beaten by the last placed team without it being considered a massive shock. It is the way the premiership is in 2007 and Manly remain as good a chance as any side to win the title.

Sure they have to revert to the style of play that they showed they can play in the opening 10 rounds of the competition. I am sure they will do that starting with the Roosters at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night.

The losses to the Dogs and Dragons wasn't entirely unexpected as Manly had been up for a long time and it is impossible to retain that type of attitude right through such an intense competition.

The games against Manly were grand finals come early for both teams down the bottoom part of the table. Their seasons would have been virtually over had they lost.

Attitude and going into games ready to play is a major factor in deciding matches.

I expect Manly to bounce back in the weeks ahead .... starting with the Roosters. In saying that I am assuming that our Origin players came through without any injury problems.

Brett Stewart, Brent Kite and Steve Bell are topliners and their inclusion gives Manly a very strong all-round side capable of scoring plenty of points.

Like many supporters I am worried about the lack of football being played by centre Steve Matai. He has a bulging disc in his neck and has played only a handful of games this season. Manly need him back and in top form for the big games ahead. he is he type of player so can intimidate the opposition and is tailor made for finals football.

I'm looking forward to cheering the team on again at Brookie this Saturday night. I hope the fans who are sticking the knives in via the internet get out and enjoy watching their side get back to form. This game can set us up for a real blockbuster against the Wests Tigers the following week.

Courtesy of Sea Eagle News!!

Manly supporters need to take a pill and get behind their side. I am amazed at the criticism of the side on the club's website from so called loyal fans.

On the website and on talk back radio they are giving it to Des Hasler and his side ....... and they are in second position after 16 rounds of the premiership! It has always struck me as one of the strange things in sport how people who call themselves loyal start throwing darts as soon as the side hits a hurdle.
...... I hope the fans who are sticking the knives in via the internet get out and enjoy watching their side get back to form.
Around me on the hill last night there were plenty giving it vocally to Orford and Lyon for being overpaid and underperforming.

Many of these internet criticisers are saying exactly what many Manly supporters think, if the hill is any measure,

Knew Barry at school. He stabbed Manly in the back as soon as he was offered a bigger contract. He hasn't changed.

Driving utes !!! LoL

I reserve the right to be as critical as I want when I want......5th

Knew Barry at school. He stabbed Manly in the back as soon as he was offered a bigger contract. He hasn't changed.

Driving utes !!! LoL

I think you will find that "Barry" left for reasons other than footy and money!

Elsgood probably has a point, but it doesn't help when you have Manly greats criticising the coaching style of Dessie in the Presidents lounge before and after the loss to the Bulldogs.

Us bafoons who use the right to voice an opinion may not be as well informed as Mr Elsegood, but surely something might be wrong if commitee / board members / retired players recognise defiencies with our playing styles??????

[quote author=Ryan]

Driving utes !!! LoL

I think you will find that "Barry" left for reasons other than footy and money!
[/quote]

Did Ian have anything to do with it?

I bet our media manager wrote it and put Elsegoods name on it, I think He is the editor of that paper.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4