Elliott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unfortunately Elliot saved his worst performance till last, and it really dented our chances against Souffs... not as much as the refs did, mind you.
Agree as he had some amazing try saving tackles in every other game bar the last :(

Something that Brendan can focus on in the off season :nod:

Also on treating the finals game as just another one without stressing about any errors :wait:

I think Brendan is a keeper and look forward to cheering him on in 2020 with Manly :clap:

I think that’s an awful call. Why would we let such terrific depth go when we have him locked in below market value and start again with someone else. Are we going to then release them as well if they play well?

I wouldn’t be letting go of him willingly particularly given he’s happy at the club.
Whilst I agree with your thoughts,given the injury history of the club of recent times,more often than not,he’s not depth he’s a regular

Elliot is a depth player that you need min wage with 1st grade experience
The young players that are coming up can still jump ahead of him and if they prove better , then Elliot would have served his purpose but if they don’t Elliot keeps his spot as a good depth player for the squad

We should release Elliott.

Yes, he's been a terrific depth signing and good value.

But I'd make Garrick train at wing/fullback over preseason, so he is Tom's back-up.

Plus we have (touch wood) a healthy young Hoppa who is a fullback and hopefully fit Tom.

Moving Garrick to fullback when/if Tom injured allows us to give Musgrave, Funa a taste of first grade.

Also, training at fullback would aid Garrick's long-term development.

it's good for Elliott to get better deal. He deserves it. And frees up space in our top 30.
A bird in the hand is worth two (potential first graders) in the bush.

It is not a difficult concept to grasp, unless your name is Trent Barrett. Why did he let Blake Green leave again? Rhetorical question - I know the answer.

It’s a matter of weighing up the cost against the value. On a low range contract he provides value. If he doesn’t improve he provides insurance and if he improves then it’s a bonus. Des thinks he’s a good player and that’s all that matters.

Elliot is definitely not in the top 17 yet he proved he can be a valuable depth player when there wasnt many other options, there are a lot of mistakes in his game but that goes with the territory of stepping up, i am sure des can coach some of the mistakes out of him too

There are different ways of considering your top 17. Obvious way is the 17 top earners or 'best players'.
Another way is the 17 who play most games for us each year. Wouldn't surprise me if Elliott is in that second group, and, given his versatility and the standard injury rate in an NRL season, he could continue to be.
There are some players who are considered perennial stop-gaps, but who are consistent and play so often they become top players in their own right. (Mitch Aubusson types?)

Problem for some is, we keep referring to the top 17. You really need to building/developing to a top 30 if you want to do well over a few seasons. Also, we keep talking up players who either have been injured or just coming out of the SGBall team. Yes they are our future but 2020 is here now!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7