Elliott

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
We should release Elliott.

Yes, he's been a terrific depth signing and good value.

But I'd make Garrick train at wing/fullback over preseason, so he is Tom's back-up.

Plus we have (touch wood) a healthy young Hoppa who is a fullback and hopefully fit Tom.

Moving Garrick to fullback when/if Tom injured allows us to give Musgrave, Funa a taste of first grade.

Also, training at fullback would aid Garrick's long-term development.

it's good for Elliott to get better deal. He deserves it. And frees up space in our top 30.

I think that’s an awful call. Why would we let such terrific depth go when we have him locked in below market value and start again with someone else. Are we going to then release them as well if they play well?

I wouldn’t be letting go of him willingly particularly given he’s happy at the club.

Umm look the off season is a time to dream. And I love having visions of premiership glory as much as the next bloke. But there is a few what ifs in there. Funa, Hoppa, Musgrave all struggled with injuries in 2019. There bodies to date haven't handled Reggie's. All still have a lot to prove they have what it takes in the A grade, never mind, up to week in week out.

I think you under estimate the value of a young 50 gamer. Just how lucky we are to have players like Parker, and Elliott, still young blokes in age, but with a couple of years of NRL experience, under their belt.

This is the time when boys become men.

They both showed they are more then handy first graders in 2019, may their status as rep players super stars of the game grow at Manly.

I'd be keeping Elliot.
Reliable back up and versatile.
He wouldn't be on that much coin to worry about.
Walks on the other hand...

I wouldn’t be punting a reliable backup who is versatile across the backline and banking on young guys who have talent but have only been able to display that they are injury prone so far

Elliott is worth his weight in gold when you look at the availability of Tom, Parker, Hopoate and Funa the last 2 seasons

Elliott is a good back up player. That sort is always valuable because it doesn't take up much salary cap monies and as a fill in he wont win you games but he wont lose them either. Nothing outstanding, but solid in attack and defence. Good one to hold in reserve as third option to Tom T, and hopefully Al-Hoppa

Played enough quality football this season and after his journey man years at other clubs to definitely rate as an asset to Manly right now and into next season. and with his utility value on his current pay grade . Recall that young Funa played some matches as a full back in the Manly 20 :s a few seasons ago and if he is retained ,could be another alternative stop gap one to consider if he could manage that position OK for instance at Black Town even initially .

Mixed thoughts on the thread.
I do however feel Elliott had a decent season, with some surprisingly great heights that I didn't know he could reach.
At full strength the point is, he is not in the 17, but has proven a handy fill in when opportunity opened its doors.
To be honest, the point would be that if he was available to play in the GF at either Roosters or City, he would not be considered for the 17 in either side and down a fair bit even in terms of reserves.
On the flip side, I don't feel he is on massive money and he is actually better than many players on similar wages through the entire NRL....which adds great depth that is needed.
If Manly did move him on...I doubt they could replace him with another player on the same money who could add any more than Elliott who is also on the improve from what I have seen.

I agree with the OP, get rid of Elliot as he is on $1 million a year and we can sign bargain depth players of RTS and Tedesco for 500K thus freeing up salary cap space

This message is brought to you by the new Politis sun smart range. Try our new Salary cap model which provides smart shade big enough for the whole family.

IMO a no brainer. He was called upon to play fullback. One of the most important positions on field. On his salary / quality you expect say 5 - 10 games a year as a fill in. He played 18. At his price he is a bargain. What do we go out and find a better untried bargain. With the salary cap you can not expect to have 2 top line first grade players for every position.

Couldn’t Garrick train at fullback whether Elliot is at the club or not? I don’t think Elliot is taking up much of the cap either

I don't think any other clubs are trying to poach Elliott.
He will be here as long as his contract is and put in 100% when and if he is required.
If he plays zero first grade matches in 2020, you know Manly is having a great year injury wise and probably better on the table.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7