Elliot shopped around?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Every player that goes needs to be replaced in the squad so it doesnt quite work like the above.
Gee, I didn't know that.

How about replacing some higher priced ones that aren't up to scratch with others of lesser value?

Take into account the average premiership winning teams need 24 players or so.
So basically we need 24 players for 9M, 6 players on the 100k minimum and also have 6 devel contracted players on even less money that can be drawn on if needed.

We are not a club that can spend more than we NEED to on players 25-30...they should all be promising players on minimum wage, not 150k, 200k journeymen.

Would be nice to think you can hoover up all these promising kids for 100k each but in reality top quality youngsters will often demand more.

Journeyman can also find themselves on minimum wage when they are short on offers.

Croker for example at one was mentioned as dropping back to the "development squad" before getting moved back to the top 30 so doubt he is on much more than minimum.

In fact Croker, Saddler, Funa, Sam Smith (now Harper), Metcalf I'd all assume are on minimum or not much more.

Haumole probably in with that bunch.

Point is our club like all others will have a bunch on minimum already

I reckon Elliott is the perfect back up. He's no star we all know that but he can fill multiple positions at short notice and is on bottom dollar presumably. Don't know much about Harper's utility values but without Elliott who is our "Mr Fixit" in the backline when the injuries and reshuffles come ?? Walker ???

I understood that he is not contracted in 2021 so there cant be any reason to shop him around.

I would suspect des wants someone else in the squad. It would be about having someone else available and releasing elliott early frees one up. Maybe it was that doggie signing, maybe he has someone else on the radar, maybe promotion.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
I would suspect des wants someone else in the squad. It would be about having someone else available and releasing elliott early frees one up. Maybe it was that doggie signing, maybe he has someone else on the radar, maybe promotion.
I think it would be pretty silly to let elliot go before the EOY.. he knows the system and has performed decently in place of turbo.

By "adequate" I take it you mean a house painter could cover the Sistine Chapel ceiling in a couple of coats of white and receive a nod from the Pope for brightening up the place, then I suppose "adequate" it is an apt description of Elliot.

Who does a better job than Elliott backing up the forever injured Tommy T?

Garrick? I don't think so.

I think it would be pretty silly to let elliot go before the EOY.. he knows the system and has performed decently in place of turbo.
There are a lot of rules about how and when you can use fringe squad members also. If the NRL deems you have cover for fullback you cant promote fringeys in some instances . Im not up to date but theres a myriad of reasons why des might offload elliott

The number one is who would take his spot in the squad. Someone will.

Im just answering your questions

I don't think Elliott has done much wrong and in fact, in most games is admirable playing to his ability
He was never signed as a superstar, more a depth player and has done pretty well
I think the pure and simple fact of his release, is there will be 2-3 young players with plenty of potential already at Manly, who are tipped to leapfrog him by 2021....

There are a lot of rules about how and when you can use fringe squad members also. If the NRL deems you have cover for fullback you cant promote fringeys in some instances .
I think you are confusing things buddy.
The only "rule" regarding top 30 and Development Contract players is that they must turn 19yo in the year of their debut.

The only other "rule" pertains only to Development Contract players where they can't play FG before july 1 if suitable position replacements are available in the top 30. After july 1 Development contract players are free to play FG. I am of the understanding that the july 1 threshold was waived for this year because of covid and that all D/C players were eligible to play FG after round 2 unfettered by restriction.

I think you are confusing things buddy.
The only "rule" regarding top 30 and Development Contract players is that they must turn 19yo in the year of their debut.

The only other "rule" pertains only to Development Contract players where they can't play FG before july 1 if suitable position replacements are available in the top 30. After july 1 Development contract players are free to play FG. I am of the understanding that the july 1 threshold was waived for this year because of covid and that all D/C players were eligible to play FG after round 2 unfettered by restriction.

Thanks. I didnt know the rules but knew they existed

There are a lot of rules about how and when you can use fringe squad members also. If the NRL deems you have cover for fullback you cant promote fringeys in some instances . Im not up to date but theres a myriad of reasons why des might offload elliott

The number one is who would take his spot in the squad. Someone will.

Im just answering your questions
Sorry that makes no sense... that is only if all our backup fullbacks are injured in the 30 to be able to bring someone in out of the 30.. even if we Elliot go we would need to bring someone in?? And we have young hoppa as well. Not that this has anything to do with anything relating to elliot been shopped around lol.. but there you go.
I don't remember asking any questions haha

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8