Elgey Off contract for 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would definitely be going hard for elgey, was very good this year in his rookie year and they have taylor and roberts signed as well. almost came to manly last time.

There are a lot of guys off contract in 2017. And no one will be cheap because the cap should be going up with the new TV deal (if Smith doesn't completely blow it in the mean time). We will have a ton of cap space with all our vets coming off but will first have to address our youngsters like the Turbos. After that our backline which will have some big holes somewhere. I feel like Parcell or someone will step up for 5/8 so at that point, Elgey would be unnecessary. A strike centre will be highrr up on the list as we'll be losing Matai and Killer.

Gutherson and Hiku are the future centres, don't need to sign anyone there.

I think the succession planning is obvious, Lyon to 5/8 until one of Wright, Hynes or Pearsall is ready.

Then we need to get some big dominant forwards in the Tamou, Sam Burgess mould.

I dont think Elgey is a realistic option for us now. He had the chance to come here and he rejeted it. I do think the club needs a plan B for DCE and with the club not retaining our 20s half back Riley Travers we need another signging.

So what is our future Backline going to look like?
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Hiku
4.Gutherson
5.Raimen/Satini
6.Wright
7.Cherry-Evans
Then who is our hooker Koroisau or Parcell?

Gutherson and Hiku are the future centres, don't need to sign anyone there.

I think the succession planning is obvious, Lyon to 5/8 until one of Wright, Hynes or Pearsall is ready.

Then we need to get some big dominant forwards in the Tamou, Sam Burgess mould.

Gutherson I agree with but not Hiku. I dont see him in our future. Still need to find another strike centre.

I think Parcell will be the one to step up into the 5/8 role.

Def' need 2 more stirke forwards for 2017. Josh Jackson, A Burgess(not Luke) or Tamou/Klemmer would fit the bill nicely.

So what is our future Backline going to look like?
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Hiku
4.Gutherson
5.Raimen/Satini
6.Wright
7.Cherry-Evans
Then who is our hooker Koroisau or Parcell?
I would think parcell would be five eighth and Mansour comes off contract in 2017 hopefully we could pick him up with the Barrett connection. Would be great in a manly jumper. And I dunno why but I have a hunch nothin more.. That Tamou will be with us 2017 if not 2016. And would love woodsy in our team where he belongs and throw in Cartwright too lol :)

God help us if Hiku is our future. IMO

Hiku might not be a true winger (no speed), but as a centre he is very good defensively and does know his way to the try line. The only thing he needs to learn is how to use his winger properly. He's also a very good fullback.

I don't think he'd be a good 5/8 though. Not enough vision for my liking.

I'd feel comfortable with Hiku and Gutho as our centres once Killer and Skivy are gone.

I guess one of the positives of having Barret as coach is that he will be able to make a call on which one of our young players are best suited to play 5/8, having been a very decent one himself. I have confidence in him on this one, he will know what to look for.

You have not even seen some of these guys and tipping them to be first grade players. Brookvale 2015, you may change your mind on your number 6 when you see him tackle.

You have not even seen some of these guys and tipping them to be first grade players. Brookvale 2015, you may change your mind on your number 6 when you see him tackle.
Haha I watched Parcell against easts and decided he would make a good 5/8. Elgey is another option IMO has a great running game but might not combine well with DCE. Honestly do u have any idea who is our 5/8 next year? I'm just thinking of options for 5/8.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7