Eels won't know what hit them

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just don't get the Hayne fascination. I really don't. People go on an on about him being the be all and end all of Parra. They won't miss him this year. He wasn't that great last year. If they honestly relied on him and him alone to get them over the line in games last year, then that didn't work. It's a blessing he is gone (I'd be hoping he stays gone if I were an eels fan). Now they can continue to build. Good move by Brad Arthur IMO to let him go.

Choc won't be stupid or childish enough to try and target DCE for 80mins. He'll just go about his work, which he is very good at, and their other forwards will feed off his enthusiasm. If they gel and get a good run with injuries, I can see them in the 8.

Last edited:
going to be the clear unpopular opinion, and i'd love nothing more than for these words to come back to haunt me. But I think we're in for a slow start to the season. That said, a lot depends on what happens in the pen to paper department the next few weeks, 2 signatures our way before kick off and attitudes will be very different. i might re-evaluate come kick off, but for now, all things considered,I think we'll drop at least 2 of the first four, probably 3.

We have the team on paper to be thereabouts and challenge at the pointy end of the season, but i think its going to take a while to gel, and settle in. Distractions will only add to that and I can see some 'frustrated footy' being played Quite a few changes (many for the better in my opinion) that I just don't think will fall into place right from the get go.

I think it will be tight, but we should just edge them. Would not surprise me if Parra made the finals, they have a good side and a lot of depth.

I'll get howled down for this but I think the Eels will beat us.

Their players are trying to impress the greatest coach that has ever existed, and they have a team full of nevilles trying to be superstars.

Add to that a crowd weighted heavily to the home side and we will do well to get within 10 points of them.

PS: @mickqld Hows that sound buddy, and sorry to take over your usual job !!!

Just watching Watmough on FSN... I actually feel sorry for the bloke. He just doesn't look happy, and during his interview it was a little like it's just hit him that it's actully REAL, and he's running out for Parramatta this year...

Do we have anew nick-name for Choc yet?

Maybe using the same theme (food type) Choc becomes or gets a big "Raspberry" from manly fans.

Their players are trying to impress the greatest coach that has ever existed, and they have a team full of nevilles trying to be superstars.

Add to that a crowd weighted heavily to the home side and we will do well to get within 10 points of them.

Wouldn't surprise me - most years they beat us once and we beat them once, even in years when they get the spoon and we are premiers. Just the way it always seems to go.

Wouldn't surprise me - most years they beat us once and we beat them once, even in years when they get the spoon and we are premiers. Just the way it always seems to go.

My above post may look in jest but it was actually fair dinkum, they have a lot to play for and I think the whole Choc thing will lift them more than lifting us in a reverse sense.

Squeals by 10

MaAAAaaaaaAte, have more faith buddy.
Manly by plenty.

A big F U to the NRL, the media, and Parramatta fans everywhere.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6