Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Our wingers are poor. Bring back Parker to centre and Garrick back to wing or Bring Clayton Faulalo in at wing.
Garrick needs to move back to wing…
His defence at centre is not up to scratch and we missed his pace on the wing…
We score towards the end if Garrick is at wing instead of Veaga…

IMG_4773.jpeg

Moses, Lussick & Gutho today.

The most disappointing thing about today’s game was that we were up 14-0 and lost…you should never lose a game when you are up by 14 ever under any circumstances.
Now there is some logic I 100% agree with...this is the part I will go with Bozo on
Manly need more resilience in that red zone especially

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Eels: 28
Manly: 24

432935122_1009376573953924_8317539569700333522_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

434346208_1009402837284631_3857761982221174084_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

missed-it-by-that-much-missed.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

‘He’s clocked off’: Turbo big loser from controversial call

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Josh Aloiai was placed on report at the 79:42 mark for according to the NRL.com Play by Play for a supposed shoulder charge at the 79:41 mark and was then sin binned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little bit like last year’s early rounds, I get excited thinking we’ve finally turned a corner and might be a serious contender and then our poor defence reminds me that we haven’t actually come that far and are still a middle of the road club.

Came here to post just this. We will struggle against the top teams with that defence. Cleary would eat us up with that shyte, Munster Hughes paps the same. The ref was a massive C he literally killed us at every turn but 28 points is 28 points.

Ps that jake obstruction was total BS

Agree.

As much as we copped some dud calls, we have to look at our own deficiencies before we start blaming others.

We let a team that should not have been able to compete with us eek out a close win. Our defence needs to drastically improve.

Look… we did not get the rub of the green but we were at Bankwest and cannot expect to..
Long story short, we made enough errors to give Parra a chance and they were good enough to take their opportunities… they exploited our players that are new to their positions and there is no point complaining about the refs…
We are showing the beginnings of a very good football side and hopefully we take our learnings and stick to our current trajectory… we have a real chance this year if players and coach have enough humility to realise their shortfalls and make the necessary adjustments…
Good honest assessment

Invited into a box today for the game by a close mate ( warriors supporter). The rest of his work outfit Parra supporters. Wow what muppets, gave it to me all game. kept it in check until we got denied that try, then let loose. Politely asked to leave which of course I did. Mate sends me a voice message laughing, loved it, hates his work clown helmet mates.

Anyway still think we look much better than previous years, danger game next week…

We lost that, errors, poor discipline.

The ref, bunker filthy, beyond a joke.

Thought our bench let us down, duck bought energy all be it too late.

I agree with others Garrick is a quality winger and we are losing out in this transition thus far.

Our wingers today were…….. well poor is being kind.

Thought Tom had a couple of scoring opportunities, one in the first and one in the second, not sure why he didn’t just run to the line, he probably would of scored on both occasions, not sure why he didn’t back himself, he normally would of.

DCE has to stop this panic kicking and occasionally take his medicine.

Its 2 points we should of come away with today, on a positive we didn‘t throw the towel in at any stage, errors cost us in the end and not being able to shut down there second phase sucked the petrol dry.

Last edited:
The ref got hustled all day, manly to learn from this.
Moses and Lussick appealed and threw arms up and just pressured the ref into giving them calls.... they only got 1 in 20 that they appeals for but that was still about 10 we've gotta learn from this.

We are very passive when dealing with the ref's.... bring back Tooves as Captain.

Here is one I missed during the game.

TURBO FLICKS WRONG SWITCH

He is among the best fullbacks in the game but Manly’s Tom Trbojevic was caught out badly against Parramatta. In the 32nd minute at CommBank Stadium, Parramatta had a first half scrum feed 10 metres from Manly’s tryline. Trbojevic packed into the scrum at lock with Parramatta shifting quickly to their left side with NRL debutant Blaize Talagi crashing over the top of Manly’s fullback to score out wide. Trbojevic desperately scampered from the scrum to defend a try but it was too little too late for the Manly star. We’re not sure why Trbojevic wasn’t in the defensive line. Players move everywhere around a footy field these days and it’s not the first time an outside back has packed into a scrum but this was a costly defensive blunder.

Tom Trbojevic packs down at lock. Picture: Fox League
Tom Trbojevic scrambles to get across the field. Pic: Fox League
Yeah, Tommy packing into the scrum was very weird there. Surely we must have known they were going to run a play.

But I also see Cherry stopping and starting to move backwards when Garrick and Paulo are moving up. He's got to get that hesitation/second guessing out of his defensive reads. Just stick with your man and trust the players on the inside to get across, and the players on the outside to stay with their men as well.

Honestly we didn’t recover from the ben T incorrect play the ball in the 1st half Parra just picked up momentum after that try.Not to mention that dumb high shot late in that 2nd half,gee he can be Dumb sometimes.

We lost it up the guts. Had enough chances to win. Dropped too much ball

Yes the ref rotted us, but we still should have won. The Northern try to Koula followed by the soft penalty where he took a dive uo the other end, I was ready to fight the entire stadium...luckily my wife held me back..

From being at the game, most notable thing, Koula doesn't touch anywhere near enough ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8