Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

No prizes for guessing who made the most errors
Manly nearly double the errors gifting the eels opportunities 14 to 8
If we minimised our Erros we would have won the game

Unfortunately you're right Bozo. Yeah we got some tough calls against us but without the errors, they wouldn't have been a factor.

I know which team I'd rather be supporting. We are a far better side than them.

the ref was a joke but we gifted them that game with errors and sloppy soft ass pathetic defence, wingers that can’t stay on there wing and hold

Once parra started getting penalties and 6 agains the ref just got caught up in everything and lost all perspective. Completely embarrassing and amateur hour.

it was hard to watch it unfold, but it was so obvious.

Began with the bull**** offside penalty when we had the pinned in their 10 at 14-6 or 12 nil I forget.

Seriously manly should have taken the 2 points to make it 16-6, then start again from the kickoff.

Sometimes slowing the game down and resetting is the best approach

Not until we learn to defend. We can score all the f'n flashy tries we like but until we can in get a grind defend our line with urgency and consistently stop teams scoring >14 to 16 points a game we are destined to finish around where we finished last year.
Yeah mate our line defence hasn't improved over what we've seen for the past few seasons, we've got to improve on that area if we want to play finals footy this year

We have a winner 🏆

Here we have people blaming the ref, blaming the bunker where our mistakes lost us the game.
All factors contribute to a loss you can’t blame errors if you don’t want to blame dubious calls , You can’t blame bad calls if you don’t factor in errors

I don't like to say it but the eels played well today. Took advantage of their opportunity to get back into the game. Took control in attack through the middle with offloads. Kicked long to our corners. Closed down our attacking players in defense.

The Most Positive thing to come out of this game is that we have plenty of fight in us
That is very good sign
1711264730030.png

I called earlier a potential worst reffing ever and I was exceeded.....an embarrassment to the NRL
Manly running riot and suddenly Eels have 90% possession the rest of the half
I need an explanation !!!!

The explanation is simple if you watched the match without Manly beer goggles on.

Manly started making stupid errors and Parra scored of many of them. Aloiai dropping the hall, Ben T sloppy play the ball, Paulo running too close to the sideline and gets bundled over it. Parra scored after each of those mistakes.
Give away a couple of penalties

That is eels get 90% possession and embarrassment is to Manly, not the NRL.

All factors contribute to a loss you can’t blame errors if you don’t want to blame dubious calls , You can’t blame bad calls if you don’t factor in errors
All factors aside you dont improve as a team if you dont make your self accountable for your own stuff ups

i said at the start of the week in a few threads that the Ref and bunker will do everything they can to get Parra a win and that’s exactly what happened

NRL is scripted and a joke

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8