Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 24
CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I'm so insanely nervous about this one, probably just because it's the Eels. Overall feeling positive about our season but will be much more so if we can get past Gutho and Moses.

We should have beaten their side without Moses in round 2 last year and got flogged. So I’m real nervous. I hope we can focus and keep up our momentum. It will be a tough game.
Both Origin affected teams, we had no DCE or Jake and we know how influential they are to our chances.

We’ve got this. Just have to hope the 2 biggest whinging pricks the game has ever seen (the queen and the bitch) don’t influence the refs decisions.
Just about summed it up danny boy, the feral Parra crowd will be baying for penalties right from the opening whistle. We just got to be like how we were against the Chooks, very methodical...

We should win on paper but I doubt it. Think we'll have an intensity dropoff coupled with a myriad of ref and bunker clown decisions that will be our undoing. Scum by 8.

To those a little nervous about this one - We have more X Factors than Parra - Tom, Brooks, Koula and Olakau'atu.

Then we have the likes of Paseka, Aloiai and Croker showing career best form.

Jake has gone up another gear this season as has Ben.

Our bench remains unchanged for 3 matches now and they are all providing great impact and also playing some of the best footy of their careers.

DCE, playing out of his skin as usual. Probably guilty of over playing his hand at times in the first two games but he has also had some major squad changes to adjust to particularly in the backs and I believe we will start seeing him more settled now that the combinations are starting to gel.

Garrick will improve week to week as he gets more Gametime and experience and confidence in his new upgraded position. He is a very skillful player as we well know and is always dangerous when he has a bit of space or room to accelerate. He has also shown us that he has a handy kicking game at times over the years as well. Good chance he will be playing for Australia in a year or two.

Paulo showed some good improvements in just his second game for us and I like how he is very safe under the high ball. An area that has been extremely lacking for many years for most of our wingers.

And Vaega. Although he can be a little iffy under the high ball he evens out that flaw quite considerably with his strong carries particularly out of our own end and he is hard to stop close to the try line. This is game 10 in first grade for him now. And he made 4 line breaks out of just 7 games last year. His defence is quite strong too. He really needs to attack those high kicks and challenge and put pressure on the opposing high flyer at all costs. And Tom needs to be lurking close by to back him up if needed.

This is an easier game than last week. Although a lot of things went our way against the Roosters. It still could be closer than what current form suggests.

If we continue from where we left off last week we should win by 8-16 points.

Manly 28 - Parra 18

And I firmly believe that our standout performance on US soil has FINALLY scored us some browny points with those who run the show upstairs. It seems like the refs are giving us a bit more leeway compared to previous seasons where we were constantly hammered with tough decisions. About time. We were the most exciting team to watch out of the 4 teams and the NRL would be crazy not to send us back again next season.

To those a little nervous about this one - We have more X Factors than Parra - Tom, Brooks, Koula and Olakau'atu.

Then we have the likes of Paseka, Aloiai and Croker showing career best form.

Jake has gone up another gear this season as has Ben.

Our bench remains unchanged for 3 matches now and they are all providing great impact and also playing some of the best footy of their careers.

DCE, playing out of his skin as usual. Probably guilty of over playing his hand at times in the first two games but he has also had some major squad changes to adjust to particularly in the backs and I believe we will start seeing him more settled now that the combinations are starting to gel.

Garrick will improve week to week as he gets more Gametime and experience and confidence in his new upgraded position. He is a very skillful player as we well know and is always dangerous when he has a bit of space or room to accelerate. He has also shown us that he has a handy kicking game at times over the years as well. Good chance he will be playing for Australia in a year or two.

Paulo showed some good improvements in just his second game for us and I like how he is very safe under the high ball. An area that has been extremely lacking for many years for most of our wingers.

And Vaega. Although he can be a little iffy under the high ball he evens out that flaw quite considerably with his strong carries particularly out of our own end and he is hard to stop close to the try line. This is game 10 in first grade for him now. And he made 4 line breaks out of just 7 games last year. His defence is quite strong too. He really needs to attack those high kicks and challenge and put pressure on the opposing high flyer at all costs. And Tom needs to be lurking close by to back him up if needed.

This is an easier game than last week. Although a lot of things went our way against the Roosters. It still could be closer than what current form suggests.

If we continue from where we left off last week we should win by 8-16 points.

Manly 28 - Parra 18
Love the positivity but after the last few years I tend to think about where things can go wrong. Our middles need to keep up the momentum. Parra is strong in the middle 3rd. Errors, penalties and kicking will play a big role on Sunday.

Comparing the squads the spines pretty much cancel each other out. On paper their forwards have an edge but ours have stepped up in the opening rounds. Our advantage is in Koula and Garrick, fingers crossed they see plenty of opportunities.

I expect it to be close but a blowout either way wouldn't shock me. I know I probably need a proctologist to remove my splinters but I'm just glad that I think we are a good chance to go 3 and 0.

On paper we should win this 13+ easy!

but you can bank on it 100% that the refs and bunker will have there say in this one, The only way we lose this one will be because of those clowns in pink

On paper we should win this 13+ easy!

but you can bank on it 100% that the refs and bunker will have there say in this one, The only way we lose this one will be because of those clowns in pink
No one has ever won a battle on paper feathered friend.
Paper soldiers are never resilient enough for a win
Resilient Soldiers always prevail on the field against their opposition and the boys and girls in pink
1711149852330.png

Please win Manly.
I just hate Parra.
It’s my annual grudge match with my very best mate ( we walked into preschool together 65 years ago ).

I have to turn my phone off because if they are winning he’ll bombard me during the game.

We used to play for a carton of beer but have changed to a bottle of red now as we approach 70.

So yes , please win Manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8