Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 24
CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting stat…​

Three Eagles​

Manly are also looking to start 3-0 for the first time in a long time, having last achieved the feat in 2007. A perfect record through three games may lead to a spike in calls to Ticketek from the Peninsula for grand final tickets, as on five of the previous six occasions that the Sea Eagles have been perfect through three games, they have made the decider.

The Eels, however, won’t be allowing their long-time rivals an easy time of things. Parramatta have won three of the previous four clashes between the two sides and have won four of five against Manly at Commbank Stadium, including a 34-4 victory last start

Dylan Brown has seemed to go well against Manly sides in recent encounters and Gutho can be a bit of a menace factor as well .
Getting on top of their handy forward lineup is going to make it so much more favorable for another valuable win
Gutho always gets up for our games! But the queen has inferior backline players to work with and that rookie center will have nightmares after Sunday

On Aloiai, I have rewatched his opening run from the kick off last week about 50 times. That was a thing of beauty. Hard pressed to find a harder run this season. It was inspiring.
It's like we've bought a brand new forward, such a completely different player from last season and the one before. I always thought he still had this within him, just had to shake off all the injuries to prove it.

It's like we've bought a brand new forward, such a completely different player from last season and the one before. I always thought he still had this within him, just had to shake off all the injuries to prove it.
I have not been his biggest fan since the Rainbow fiasco a couple of years back but got to say he is playing big minutes and playing really strong. With Taniela they are arguably the best front row in the comp. With Lodge and Sips looming on the bench, I think that would be a premiership winning engine room.

I have not been his biggest fan since the Rainbow fiasco a couple of years back but got to say he is playing big minutes and playing really strong. With Taniela they are arguably the best front row in the comp. With Lodge and Sips looming on the bench, I think that would be a premiership winning engine room.
Not sure what Pete's laughing for, everyone's different I guess.

We should have beaten their side without Moses in round 2 last year and got flogged. So I’m real nervous. I hope we can focus and keep up our momentum. It will be a tough game.

Not sure what Pete's laughing for, everyone's different I guess.
I just find it funny the bias supporters show to their beloved team. Now we have the best starting front row in Australia lol??

I wonder what JFH and Leota would have to say to that, or a number of other rotations who have been successful, actually dominating consistently for a number of years

I just find it funny the bias supporters show to their beloved team. Now we have the best starting front row in Australia lol??

I wonder what JFH and Leota would have to say to that, or a number of other rotations who have been successful, actually dominating consistently for a number of years
Silvereagle said "arguably" the best front row in the comp. So we can argue the point on this. Anyway, it's a Manly supporters forum site, of course we can be bias, every other Clubs supporters are biased as well.

We should have beaten their side without Moses in round 2 last year and got flogged. So I’m real nervous. I hope we can focus and keep up our momentum. It will be a tough game.
We beat them in that game 34-30. If you are talking about the game in Brooky.

Gutho always gets up for our games! But the queen has inferior backline players to work with and that rookie center will have nightmares after Sunday
Wouldn "t underestimate any of their players T B H , every chance they will be up for it as a team .
Experienced forward line up , Lane [ and Cartwright for that matter ] has previously given problems .
Good halves pairing plus Gutho .
Way Manly has approached and competed this season , really encouraging and quite confident if Manly also are up for it

We beat them in that game 34-30. If you are talking about the game in Brooky.
Probably the 2 nd game at Comm bank and what a disappointing loss and performance from the Manly side .
Quite a few key Manly players not available but Eels had a few key players unavailable as well

Thank you for the Manly Media post @ The Wheel

The Two notable game stats are these
  • The Eels have won three of their past four games against Manly
  • The Eels have won eight of their past 10 games at CommBank Stadium

Two Notable and honorable Traits that Great Manly teams share
They Wipe out both the opposition along with past results and Prevail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12