Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 24
CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloai and Paseka are the key in this one. We beat them up in the middle like we have the opposition in the first two games and I think this one gets ugly for Parra.
AOA cops some criticism on here. Some of it warranted. Credit where it's due. He has looked a different beast on the field in 24. Consistency has been lacking in past years. From all our big men really.

Big challenge this weekend. Can our boys win that middle?

It won't just happen that's for sure.

After last week’s display the big boppers have moved up to 4th on the prop power rankings.

SEA EAGLES​

Taniela Paseka, Josh Aloiai, Toafofoa Sipley, Matt Lodge​

Paseka dominated the Roosters pack in round 2 with a whopping 188 running metres from 19 runs, while Aloiai chipping in with 134. Together they’re a powerhouse.

Slime are ranked 8th

EELS​

Junior Paulo, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Ofahiki Ogden, Makahesi Makatoa, Joe Ofahengaue​

Paulo is among the top metre-eaters in the game and Campbell-Gillard’s offloads are key to Parra’s attack. Their bench options are solid too.

AOA cops some criticism on here. Some of it warranted. Credit where it's due. He has looked a different beast on the field in 24. Consistency has been lacking in past years. From all our big men really.

Would feel more comfortable if Lodge and Sipley were available, but we got the job done against Souths and Roosters minus these two players. What I can't get over is how fit we look in the forwards compared to last season, credit must go to our training staff on this.

One thing about Aloiai is that he has a belief in himself.

That can manifest itself in different ways off the field as we have seen.

But on the field when he is fit and firing, it does add confidence to the pack and an edge to it.

I'm sorry @Remy, the excitement of him making an impact is tempered by the deficiencies he has - Tafua at the end had more speed and upside than Ray does in my opinion.
Moses and Brown will have a field day kicking to and in behind him.
Surely Faulalo on debut would give us more to be excited about.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Ray is better than end of career Taufua, cmon now. Ray has about the same pace as To'o. Ray made a break against Penrith last year and both sprinted off the mark at the same time and Ray was breaking away from Brian before Edwards collected him at the back.

If we control possession and field position like we did against Roosters we won't have to worry too much about Parra come into our advantage line and targeting Ray. Even if they do, I trust our coaching to be aware of these issues before the game and implement a plan to subdue Parra working on our edges. It's not like we don't have players from Parra that we are going target as well, I mean Harper and the debutant Blaze are in for a long night.

One thing about Aloiai is that he has a belief in himself.

That can manifest itself in different ways off the field as we have seen.

But on the field when he is fit and firing, it does add confidence to the pack and an edge to it.
Agree, A fit Josh Aloiai can and does have many on field positives to add to the team.. let’s hope he keeps it mainly on the field.

Agree, A fit Josh Aloiai can and does have many on field positives to add to the team.. let’s hope he keeps it mainly on the field.
Agree I don't think I have seen Joshay Alallai player better. He is hitting that line so hard and along with Paseka laying a great platform and defending well ,and so far so good with not giving away dumb arse penalties as well .
Go Joshay !!

This is a very difficult match coming up, Typically when you player at whinger stadium, you are not only playing their players, you also deal with officials who are not going to give you very little.

To win there, you need to match their pack which very strong and get in the face of their 7 who when rushed is prone to big errors.

Their biggest threat is their 6. He has to be contained if we are to be successful.

There is no reason we cannot win this game, if we defend as we did against the Chooks that will help us. They have weaknesses especially their left side defence and we must test them there at every opportunity!!

We aren't tucked into a corner are we, just like we are at Suncorp. If we are, no wonder there're cheap.
The seats are tucked into a corner and they are $50. Every other corner is only $15.

Last edited:
So away fans sre psying $50 and the other corners are $15. Is that right Wombat ?
$65 for adults, $50 for kids v $30 for adults, $15 for kids...BUT the cheaper areas are general admission areas.
All other Bays/areas are reserved seating so as much as I like bashing Parra, the Away Bay is the same price really.
Bronze $65
Silver $80
Gold $100

Either way, it's a stack of dosh to give to the worms.

$65 for adults, $50 for kids v $30 for adults, $15 for kids...BUT the cheaper areas are general admission areas.
All other Bays/areas are reserved seating so as much as I like bashing Parra, the Away Bay is the same price really.
Bronze $65
Silver $80
Gold $100

Either way, it's a stack of dosh to give to the worms.
Another exspensive venue just like Suncorp.

Another exspensive venue just like Suncorp.
Yep, and the powers that be tell us that this is what we want!

I'm going to watch footy FFS, I don't care what the WI-FI is like or if the pies are gourmet.

Although $30 GA in the stadium is pretty good I don't get why the away bay is $65 and reserved seating, I suppose it's their way of monitoring how many away supporters are coming.

Yep, and the powers that be tell us that this is what we want!

I'm going to watch footy FFS, I don't care what the WI-FI is like or if the pies are gourmet.

Although $30 GA in the stadium is pretty good I don't get why the away bay is $65 and reserved seating, I suppose it's their way of monitoring how many away supporters are coming.
The away bay at Suncorp is in the corner also, it's not a good view but at least you're with your own kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8