Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 24
CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win this one & are 3 & 0 I wonder if the media will start talking about us again ??

That would be some start to the year and infinitely possible.

Then 4 & 0 from the following game.

I am getting ahead of myself here but one can dream!

Commbank is a tricky place to win for us. Gotta win that forwards battle again and then just pepper the edges with good shape targeting Harper and Russell and should get easy points.

Commbank is a tricky place to win for us. Gotta win that forwards battle again and then just pepper the edges with good shape targeting Harper and Russell and should get easy points.
We win there all the time. Just not usually against the Eels...

They are weak in the backs but so are we with our injuries.

Our forwards will have another stern test but given how we played in the first 2 rounds I think we can get them.
Yep it is gonna be a forwards battle that decides this one… squeels were winning the contest early against Riff but once the penny forwards got on top it was all over red rover…
RCG played massive last week and Hoffman and Cartwright were excellent… but our forwards were the equal of anyone against the rorters and will punish scumatta if they show us with that same level of commitment this week…

Bunker clowns tried to rob us last weekend. Watch them go up tempo for this farce.
The problem we have is that referee in the bunker has been given too much scope and they look for reasons to disallow a try. The referee should limit what is looked at, such as please check grounding, touch line, please check obstruction etc. This business of looking for reasons to disallow a try the referee didn't see is problematic. Things look very different frame by frame and that can of itself be misleading. The NRL need to reel in the bunker.

The problem we have is that referee in the bunker has been given too much scope and they look for reasons to disallow a try. The referee should limit what is looked at, such as please check grounding, touch line, please check obstruction etc. This business of looking for reasons to disallow a try the referee didn't see is problematic. Things look very different frame by frame and that can of itself be misleading. The NRL need to reel in the bunker.
The Haumole no try was ridiculous. Watch it at normal speed and there is no sign of him losing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8