Eels put out welcome Matt for Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
PARRAMATTA are on the verge of solving their playmaking crisis.

Sport Confidential can reveal the Eels are confident of signing Matt Orford in the next few weeks if they can work out a deal with his English Super League club Bradford Bulls.

"We are certainly keen on Matt and we are working hard to work out something with his club," Eels CEO Paul Osborne said. "He has a year left on his deal over there and they want some sort of transfer fee and we are working on it."

The Eels have made Orford their top recruitment target after playmaking duo Daniel Mortimer and Jeff Robson couldn't help the club to the finals this year. Coach Daniel Anderson was keen to lure Brett Kimmorley and then Trent Barrett to the club for a year but both players chose to retire.

Orford is desperate to link with the Eels next year and we are told it is very likely to happen.

WHILE Matt Orford looks certain to come back to the NRL, another unhappy Super League player might have to hang up his boots. Former Eel and Dragon Mark Riddell was hopeful of retiring to Parramatta after a stint in Wigan but the club has shut the door on any potential deal. We're told the Sharks are the last possible option for "Piggy".

PANTHERS forward Tim Grant is filthy about having to go in for surgery on his ankle next week. "It means I'm going to miss Bathurst," the V8 nut said. "My uncle has just brought a GT and we were going to go down in that but I'll be laid up at home instead."

It's not all bad news for Grant, however, with V8 legend Dick Johnson inviting him to his Jim Beam Racing factory in Queensland for a tour before the Gold Coast 600. "I'll drag myself there if I have to," Grant said.

This was discussed in another thread very recently.
What more can people say? Good luck to him. Parra will be a better side for having him on board.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8