Eels' Dylan Brown charged with sexual touching in pub

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A couple of points.
1. “Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence”, an old quote by Dr Carl Sagan, means, in a very simple term, that, if there is lack of evidence of presence of a thing, does not always conclude to the absence of that thing totally. Just because he put his finger up her jutz doesn't mean he left any DNA behind (if it happened that is).
2. There are only two persons who really know what happened. The girl who was the 'victim' and Brett Stewart. The dads opinion means bugger all. From memory he had a pretty poor relationship with his daughter so for all we know he said what he said to spite her. Stranger things have happened.
3. It would be unbelievably efficient of the NSW Police and the NSW Health labs to get DNA, have it tested and analysed within a single week. Doesn't sound quite right.

I don't have any horses in this Brett Stewart race. He was found not guilty in criminal court. But that doesn't mean he didn't do it. Plenty of guilty people out there go free. You might find a good parallel case in what is now happening with Ben Roberts-Smith. He sued for defamation and it's turned out really bad for him.

My point is that suing might actually be a really bad idea for Brett.
You don’t have a horse? I recall you’ve previously had strong views about prosecutions of sexual offences in some other thread, and it seems you have a particular interest in the area of allegations of sexual misconduct.

As for Brett suing, at a guess he’d be many years out of time even if there had been any action available. I think he got a big settlement from some news organisations at the time.

As for you suggesting Brett may have been guilty after all, to say that is poor form, and that’s putting it mildly. Pull your head in is my suggestion.

It was 14 years ago.
It was 12 years ago today
Des Hasler taught the team to play
They will never go out of style
And they're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The 2011 Magnificent Manly Premiership winning team !

Flashback: Sea Eagles win 2011 premiership - Sea Eagles

Parramatta Eels player Dylan Brown stood down by NRL over sexual touching charges​

Parramatta five-eighth Dylan Brown has been stood down by the NRL under the no-fault stand-down rule after being charged with five counts of sexual touching.

Brent Read

NRL star Dylan Brown has case adjourned, remains free to play

Parramatta Eels’ player Dylan Brown remains free to play against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on Monday, June 12 after his lawyer disputed allegations from police that the NRL star had engaged in unsolicited sexual groping on a dancefloor. The case was adjourned until June 28th after Mr Brown’s lawyer David Newham ventured the CCTV footage from the Golden Sheaf Hotel’s dancefloor did not support the police allegations which alleged five separate instances of sexual touching were directed at a woman unknown to the NRL star. Magistrate Theo Tsavdaridis removed an existing ban on Mr Brown entering Double Bay, instead ruling him ineligible for entry to all licensed premises in the area. The NRL's no-fault stand-down policy sees players who are charged with an 11-year maximum penalty ineligible for selection while Mr Brown's potential sentence remains at five years. However, NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo possesses the ability to intervene and stand an offending player down if it is deemed necessary.

Parramatta five-eighth Dylan Brown has been stood down by the NRL under the no-fault stand-down rule.
Brown was named to play for the Eels against Canterbury on Monday but will now be stood down while he awaits an outcome of his court hearing.
The New Zealand international was charged with five counts of sexual touching after an incident in Sydney’s eastern suburbs at the weekend.
“The NRL has today advised the Parramatta Eels that Dylan Brown is subject to a no-fault stand down condition under the NRL rules,” the NRL said in a statement.
“The NRL decision should in no way be interpreted as a view on the innocence or guilt of the player.”

Parramatta released a statement confirming the NRL’s decision.

“The Parramatta Eels have been informed by the NRL that Dylan Brown has been stood down from team selection as part of the NRL’s no fault stand down policy regarding the incident this past weekend,” the statement said.
“Dylan will not be eligible for selection until he receives clearance from the NRL. Out of respect for the legal process now under way, the club will not be making any further comment at this time.”
Brown’s absence is a massive blow for the Eels, whose halves stocks are dramatically thin after they released Jake Arthur, son of head coach Brad, to NRL rivals Manly last month.
The Eels could give a club debut to former North Queensland and New Zealand Warriors utility Daejarn Asi, who was on Tuesday named on an extended bench for the Bulldogs clash.
Another option is to use back-up hooker Brendan Hands in the halves, where he played some of his junior football while coming through the Penrith Panthers’ pathways system.

211 games and in his 11th season, Moses is pretty good now, after years of being flashy but lacking substance. Probably in the top 6 halfbacks, or 6th anyway.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
It's all on Mosses now, can go one of two ways. Mosses crumbles under the weight of expectation or takes the bit between the teeth and goes for it. I'll go the crumble option for mine.
Will be interesting, with Brown out and no Jake Arthur he's all on his own. If he owns it he'll get picked, if not the dogs could have a field day.

I think it's been like this for awhile...(dunno) but there's nothing on the nrl.com website.

Do they only report on results and team lists and annesley stating that refs are humans and make mistakes?

the site seems rather sanitised for the main league site.

Anyway. there's at least some consistency in the standing down decision.

I think it's been like this for awhile...(dunno) but there's nothing on the nrl.com website.

Do they only report on results and team lists and annesley stating that refs are humans and make mistakes?

the site seems rather sanitised for the main league site.

Anyway. there's at least some consistency in the standing down decision.
They usually put out a basic statement well after the fact.

What I can't get my head around is the 5 counts. So either he touched her 5 times in quick succession (and would that be 5 counts?) Or he touched her on 5 separate occasions and after number 5 she decided it was unwanted. Or she saw a footballer and saw an opportunity. I have mentioned it before but footy players need to protect themselves against this type of thing happening by not being in the position where temptation or opportunity can take over. Most of them would make a 40w light bulb seem bright

What I can't get my head around is the 5 counts. So either he touched her 5 times in quick succession (and would that be 5 counts?) Or he touched her on 5 separate occasions and after number 5 she decided it was unwanted. Or she saw a footballer and saw an opportunity. I have mentioned it before but footy players need to protect themselves against this type of thing happening by not being in the position where temptation or opportunity can take over. Most of them would make a 40w light bulb seem bright

Or she told him no after the first time and he continued four more times. If we're listing options.

Guilty or innocent, you have to wonder why they put themselves in a situation where this sort of thing can happen. Surely in this day and age they are advised on what situations they shouldn't be in. So why would he be there (presumably alone)...
Spot on, everywhere you go there's hundreds if not thousands of cameras, apart from cctv everyone's got a phone these days and you can't hide sh*t so the bloke has to be a d1ckhead to think he can get away anything

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4