Eels chasing Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe Buhler or Glen Stewart . One goes and one stays. Tough decision. Buhler is younger and has potential to be as good as Glen but Brett will sulk if his brother is forced out of the club. Hoping they both have a good year.

Eagle1963 said:
Maybe Buhler or Glen Stewart . One goes and one stays. Tough decision. Buhler is younger and has potential to be as good as Glen but Brett will sulk if his brother is forced out of the club. Hoping they both have a good year.

Buhrer will never be as good as Glenn Stewart.

Buhrer is an interesting player. He is a different style to Glenn but I can see why some make comparisons.

Glenn didn't establish himself in NRL until he turned 23, and before that he played a handful of games in each of 2003-4-5-6. Buhrer on the other hand has been a fixture for the last 3 years but having just turned 24 his spot is still the bench.

Buhrer was given first crack at a back row spot last year but didn't nail it. I still consider him the ideal 14 but if he got another chance at back row it wouldn't surprise me if he stepped up a gear. Ditto if (god forbid) anything happened to Ballin, I think Buhrer could still make an excellent hooker. Unlikely to feature on the wing again though!

In all honesty, I could never see the big deal about JB. I doubt very much he will progress much further, although as long as he's in the Manly jersey, I hope he does. He will never reach the level of Glenn Stewart.

Impressions that Buhrer is a lightweight are incorrect

His stats are 180cm & 95kg while Gifty is 180cm & 100kg and Choc 181cm & 94kg.

That said unless he drastically improves this year you would not fork out big dollars to retain a bench player.

If he wants to leave that's OK. I'll just say thanks for your efforts.

But remember, almost everyone who has played for Manly and have gone somewhere else they never seem to reach the heights they had before with the mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

I cite T Rex, Darcy Lussic, Des Hasler and many more.

It just seems to be the Manly culture that brings out the best in players that play for Manly.

Daddycool08 said:

But remember, almost everyone who has played for Manly and have gone somewhere else they never seem to reach the heights they had before with the mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

It just seems to be the Manly culture that brings out the best in players that play for Manly.

**Waits for the "I love JWH" posts to commence** LOL!

Yeah I agree with the sentiment on here - Buhrer is a fair to handy type player & seems like a good clubman. But hardly a "must sign" given our roster & salary cap issues.

But the way Parra recruit they pay reasonable players at "superstar" rates - no doubt they will offer him triple his current wage for 4 years - then send him to reserve grade in year 3 and scapegoat him when they run second last.

Use the money to buy a nice house Jamie.

Jamie tis a lot better then people are giving him credit for.

Does a lot of metre gaining dummy half runs and desperately tries to fulfill the various roles that the coaches throw at him.

He's very willing and will get even better.

I hope we keep him, he'd be a starter for sure in many other clubs.

mozgrame said:
Daddycool08 said:

**Waits for the "I love JWH" posts to commence** LOL!

I suppose there is always the exception to support the rule.

I don't think he was even in Manly's mix. I was under the impression he played u20's with very little if any NRL games for Manly. But I could be wrong.

But with regard to Buhrer I'd like him to stay with Manly but if the Eels would pay him overs he should look after himself and his family.

The fact that he probably won't play September footy anymore if he goes over there is irrelevant if he's getting big $.

We always seem to unearth the talent required. Well done retention and recruiters of the mighty Manly.

Manly To Win! said:
I'd be sad to lose Buhrer, you're all way too harsh on him.

I'm not! But you'd have to go back a page to see that.

BUHRER SHUFFLE ON HOLD

As we revealed during the week, Parramatta made a play to bring back one of their juniors, Jamie Buhrer. Already at their salary cap limit, the only way they could prise him out of Manly for 2014 was via an immediate swap and Daniel Harrison's name was floated. However, what the Sea Eagles really need is a prop to replace Richie Fa'aoso. That Buhrer did not want to leave Manly made an immediate transfer out of the question, but things could change down the track given Manly's own cap issues and the fact the former NSW utility will be off contract at the end of the season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/veteran-caller-warren-ryan-counts-down-to-end-of-a-grand-career-20140301-33sos.html

globaleagle said:
Jamie tis a lot better then people are giving him credit for.

Does a lot of metre gaining dummy half runs and desperately tries to fulfill the various roles that the coaches throw at him.

He's very willing and will get even better.

I hope we keep him, he'd be a starter for sure in many other clubs.

Agree with all your points and I would not be happy if we lost him.

That said, if the Eels throw plenty at him I wouldn't blame him for taking it. However, leaving Manly for the big bucks there might not necessarily be smart, especially if he has hopes of playing rep footy again....let alone be in the finals!

He won't go (imo). He has that rare commodity of loyalty and a great work ethic I believe . But I think he's a keeper and will show his full worth this year.:)

BUHRER SHUFFLE ON HOLD
As we revealed during the week, Parramatta made a play to bring back one of their juniors, Jamie Buhrer. Already at their salary cap limit, the only way they could prise him out of Manly for 2014 was via an immediate swap and Daniel Harrison's name was floated. However, what the Sea Eagles really need is a prop to replace Richie Fa'aoso. That Buhrer did not want to leave Manly made an immediate transfer out of the question, but things could change down the track given Manly's own cap issues and the fact the former NSW utility will be off contract at the end of the season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/veteran-caller-warren-ryan-counts-down-to-end-of-a-grand-career-20140301-33sos.html#ixzz2ukYqZhNB

Swap Jamie for Daniel Harrison LOL. Would consider a straight swap for Darcy. Hodges and TRed could cover for Jamie. Maybe why we also signed that young hooker from Wenty.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen, our team is under pressure to keep the core there for a few more years and I sadly don't think Jamie is part of that core.

It would be nice to see Lussick back home, he still lives in the area and really would prefer to be playing with his mates

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8