Eddie Jones - rugby Yawnion guru ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Whispers of Manly potentially adding Jones to the club....good or bad....there has to be some upside and definitely thinking outside the box.
Jones may have a few Rugby yawnion players he can deliver, but have they learned to tackle yet ?

Can't see what use he would be ... if Seibold (coach of the year) and Flanno (Premiership coach) haven't got our coaching needs covered , we are truly doomed ... if we are paying him to hold their hands I hope his wages come out of their pockets ..

He won't be here before end of next year post RWC2023 unless he gets punted after 6 Nations.

He is also a bunnies man and not sure what he would add to Rugba Leeg

He has a long held desire to coach in NRL

Not sure if he is the right man but my concern is how many cooks we are putting into the equation without any young up and commers. Correct me if I am wrong but an assistant coach is a great place to try blood some new talent / fresh ideas

Whispers of Manly potentially adding Jones to the club....good or bad....there has to be some upside and definitely thinking outside the box.
Jones may have a few Rugby yawnion players he can deliver, but have they learned to tackle yet ?
Edie being From the outside of league looking in

He could be thinking outside the square

Which means he could be innovative

He has a long held desire to coach in NRL

Not sure if he is the right man but my concern is how many cooks we are putting into the equation without any young up and commers. Correct me if I am wrong but an assistant coach is a great place to try blood some new talent / fresh ideas
I see a potential rerun of the 2016-18 situation brewing. A big dose of ballyhoo, numerous new faces, a hollowed out feeling a few seasons later.

If history is any guide, nothing much will change under the current ownership regime. A season here and there of relative success, before the next knee jerk response to some trumped up (or otherwise) failing of the head coach.

We have been here before.

tmp2A5.jpg

I see a potential rerun of the 2016-18 situation brewing. A big dose of ballyhoo, numerous new faces, a hollowed out feeling a few seasons later.

If history is any guide, nothing much will change under the current ownership regime. A season here and there of relative success, before the next knee jerk response to some trumped up (or otherwise) failing of the head coach.

We have been here before.
Agree.
How many times has Scott Penn completely re built the football club. He must be getting sick of doing the same job / task every 3 years.

If I were the auditors of the manly sea eagles I would be asking that they put cash and a provision aside each year for paying coaches out as every three years we pay out a coach. It’s just staggering.

Penn must be spending a sh1t load on this rebuild.
The amount all this would be costing he should have gone after Trent Robinson. He probably would have said no but money does talk, he may have said yes.

Sir Steve Hansen was clearly an asset to Trent.

I don’t think Eddie has much to offer an NRL Team, but as a mentor to Seibold (or another nrl coach), maybe. Not in an official or paid capacity though.

Eddie is a very good motivator and man manager from what I've heard from mate that had a small amount to do with him in England RU

Eddie is a very good motivator and man manager from what I've heard from mate that had a small amount to do with him in England RU
Eddie will be great to help the place and team with his professional knowledge on how to run a club .Definitely someone who thinks outside the box . He will know which players should play league or union .

Yes, because the people running it now farmed that role out to the coach, until he spoke the truth (in very mild terms) and embarrassed the vindictive, detritus-like types that control the organisation.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4