Early Days - but who looks Impressive...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Obviously as Silvertails it's exciting to see Manly getting out the blocks with 2 wins early and a side that looks sharp, yet plenty of improvement, which is exciting.
Very fair to have them rated early as a team you would expect to be there.
The side I found Super slick , tough and motivated was the Canberra Raiders....the Storm side is full of ability, yet they handled them pretty well and could have easily won by a bigger margin.
Storm as mentioned are always going to feature somewhere high on the ladder and give themselves a shot at the business end...
Roosters are as expected looking sharp and could be even scarier in attack with the quicker format - the team to beat with Raiders imo.
Eels have shown already, they will be big threats and will be a Massive test come Saturday.
Bronco's looked ordinary on Friday , but again with this fast ruck game building, welcome back Pengai Jnr and David Fifita and they will be an imposing side...along with Haas these 3 forwards will blow that ruck up maybe better than anyone...just not sure their wide men and halves, are good enough to cash in to go all the way.
Obviously it's early day's and injuries will always help mould a season...but based on what you have seen, what are the thoughts so far ??

Only saw the highlights but the effort and commitment by the Warriors seemed impressive and could suggest that they will be more competitive for the remaining games. Raiders , Eels , Manly , Roosters have to be regarded favorably based on the weekend form but Souths , Cows , Broncs and Storm at full strength certainly can not be underestimated . Knights are gaining a lot of respect , Panthers hard to beat sometime . Wests Tigers looked O K in their match . Other sides were disappointing to quite disappointing but who is to say that they can not still improve as the remaining season progresses . Got the feeling that there will be not too many easy games for any side .

I thought we were quite impressive! A little rusty but wow the boys will only get better! The score doesn’t reflect our dominance....Rubes missed 5 goals & we bombed a further 3 tries!!! We’ll be better for the run & yes the win was against the Bulldogs but remember the Worms only just beat them!! When I look thru both teams I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss is about their team! Yes their backs are pretty good but so are ours, however I think we have the better forwards! Honestly not one of their forwards would crack our pack! Maybe Matterson but the rest? Brown has to be the most overrated of their forwards & is a grub to boot. To top it off I read an article about Trbo & Gutherson making out like they’re on par as fullbacks.....I nearly choked lololol. Gutherson is so full of himself & his arrogance annoys the $hit out of me. Tom on the other hand is so humble & has never shown the disdain that overrated Gutherson does! I truly hope that our boys are up for the game coz if they are we’ll run all over them!

I thought we were quite impressive! A little rusty but wow the boys will only get better! The score doesn’t reflect our dominance....Rubes missed 5 goals & we bombed a further 3 tries!!! We’ll be better for the run & yes the win was against the Bulldogs but remember the Worms only just beat them!! When I look thru both teams I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss is about their team! Yes their backs are pretty good but so are ours, however I think we have the better forwards! Honestly not one of their forwards would crack our pack! Maybe Matterson but the rest? Brown has to be the most overrated of their forwards & is a grub to boot. To top it off I read an article about Trbo & Gutherson making out like they’re on par as fullbacks.....I nearly choked lololol. Gutherson is so full of himself & his arrogance annoys the $hit out of me. Tom on the other hand is so humble & has never shown the disdain that overrated Gutherson does! I truly hope that our boys are up for the game coz if they are we’ll run all over them!

Reed Mahoney would walk into the #9 for us.

This is not a knock on Levi either, he goes pretty good too.

Doing the Eagle Rock..!!
101525258_3531057303574647_1528284406278520832_n.jpg

The eels have bought this team to win a premiership. They like we did brought in andrew johns. This is ba again stealing tactics from us. I see our 2013 plays in their side all the time.. all this expectation will see them buckle again. They have a good forward pack they have bought wisely. Matterson is a great player and we made shaun Lane. I disagree on brown he is a work horse and a goer. He is a grub but he plays hard. Gillard is a pussy and the other forwards are nothing. The bench is full of duds as well. Ray stone can put a hit on l, we might see jetski come in for his mongrel.. i seen that article and like everyone on reddit laughed so hard.. gutho doesn't even crack the top 5 fullbacks and he knows it. He's a good player but yea he has become a twat since joining parra. We are going to beat them and beat them soundly! Waqa blake is a dud and Jennings can be exposed! Our boys will have a day out if its reffed fairly. They are a solid out fit but we have better players all over the park. Only player id swap is matterson for thommo

Edit. Jr paulo is a good player for them and there goto forward. If we stop his offloads we will go along way in stopping there momentum. He always hits the line, spins and passes back. Creates good space. Marty used to do that... guy forgot how to offload.

Parra's game plan over the past few years seems to be to get their forwards to run through walls, then give it to the playmaker to come up with something.

Which works fine until a point (or until they get injuries). But when that fails they don't have a Plan B. Which is why they can put nearly 60 points on a team in week 1 of the finals then meekly drop out when a GF is on the line.

Obviously as Silvertails it's exciting to see Manly getting out the blocks with 2 wins early and a side that looks sharp, yet plenty of improvement, which is exciting.
Very fair to have them rated early as a team you would expect to be there.
The side I found Super slick , tough and motivated was the Canberra Raiders....the Storm side is full of ability, yet they handled them pretty well and could have easily won by a bigger margin.
Storm as mentioned are always going to feature somewhere high on the ladder and give themselves a shot at the business end...
Roosters are as expected looking sharp and could be even scarier in attack with the quicker format - the team to beat with Raiders imo.
Eels have shown already, they will be big threats and will be a Massive test come Saturday.
Bronco's looked ordinary on Friday , but again with this fast ruck game building, welcome back Pengai Jnr and David Fifita and they will be an imposing side...along with Haas these 3 forwards will blow that ruck up maybe better than anyone...just not sure their wide men and halves, are good enough to cash in to go all the way.
Obviously it's early day's and injuries will always help mould a season...but based on what you have seen, what are the thoughts so far ??

Noticing the Raiders coming out fast out of the blocks. I think will hurt them in the back end. The good coaches ramp their team up as they get to the pointy end of the season. To keep up that intensity for the season is impossible and there will be a fade at the wrong time.
Melbourne will adapt naturally and Roosters are the kings at this but I see us improving by chance to be there some what are the end. You need to win games but not play finals footy 1st up. There will be a burn out and a target from day dot.
good to get the win round 3 without really hitting any straps.
Lets see how the rest of it pans out

I watched most games.

Raiders look the goods, professional and do all the little things right. But imo we will beat them. They have storm figured out... not us.

Roosters played well but souffs are crap, souffs wont make the 8 playing like that. Teddy was great but that kid Flanagan is nothing special. He is their downfall.

Warriors had 41 complete sets in a row or something like that. Very nice and nikorima's running game was on point.

Eels creamed the donkeys but imho the ref handed it to them. 3 restart sets off the back resulting in a try. The eels had the ball for the 1st ten minutes and the donkeys were to tired to defend the constant attacks. We will repel them and show these pretenders some real footy!

Everyone is crapping on about the knights game LOL it wasnt anything special. The end they missed 10 field goals. :(

Parra's game plan over the past few years seems to be to get their forwards to run through walls, then give it to the playmaker to come up with something.

Which works fine until a point (or until they get injuries). But when that fails they don't have a Plan B. Which is why they can put nearly 60 points on a team in week 1 of the finals then meekly drop out when a GF is on the line.

That’s a very good point right there!!!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8