Eagles Query

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

StuBoot

Bencher
Going through stuff today and found this footy.
The qusestion is does anyone know why this would be just “Eagles” and not “Northern Eagles” ?
Could this have been a release prior to the official NE name?
I know it’s worthless, ie just a footy, just curious.

Attachments

• 350BC085-D85D-402B-9FA9-4BC8F2F75C48.jpeg
    350BC085-D85D-402B-9FA9-4BC8F2F75C48.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 1491F712-9D27-41F4-B5EB-4E0C28F80D49.jpeg
    1491F712-9D27-41F4-B5EB-4E0C28F80D49.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 22
  • CD443274-39DD-410D-8FBE-0EBDFF62640A.jpeg
    CD443274-39DD-410D-8FBE-0EBDFF62640A.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 22
Weird, it is the northern eagles bird. Yeah wasn’t there a push for them to be the “eagles” at one stage?
Yeah, everything is as if it’s the Beagles but not.
I never really noticed it before, someone gave it to me around the time of the merger and I only pumped it up today for my son to kick around.
It was only then that it stood out to me.

Going through stuff today and found this footy.
The qusestion is does anyone know why this would be just “Eagles” and not “Northern Eagles” ?
Could this have been a release prior to the official NE name?
I know it’s worthless, ie just a footy, just curious.
The joint venture ceased at the end of the 2001 season. License reverted back to Manly for the 2002 season but due to licensing requirements had to play as the Northern Eagles in 2002 with the same name & logo as 2000 & 2001.

The club used the Eagles logo on that ball for all supporter merchandise to appeal to the manly fans and played in a predominantly maroon jersey with blue shorts and socks. Had to have the official Northern Eagles logo on the playing jerseys, but used that modified E logo on all other merchandise.

After playing a couple of home games in front of low attendances at Gosford in 2001, the decision was made to move back to Brookvale full time and it was decided to bring back the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles name, colours and logo for 2003.

It was 2002 when they returned to Brookvale for all home games. After a couple of low attendances and some hostile crowd reactions at Gosford, they approached John Singleton, who already held the lease over the stadium there, about moving back to Brooky full time. I think Arko (as LC boss at the time) did the negotiating with Singo.

The club had given an earlier undertaking to play half their home games at Gosford (under the NE banner) during 2002.

The beginning of the end of the merger. About the time the cracks really started to show

The joint venture ceased at the end of the 2001 season. License reverted back to Manly for the 2002 season but due to licensing requirements had to play as the Northern Eagles in 2002 with the same name & logo as 2000 & 2001.

The club used the Eagles logo on that ball for all supporter merchandise to appeal to the manly fans and played in a predominantly maroon jersey with blue shorts and socks. Had to have the official Northern Eagles logo on the playing jerseys, but used that modified E logo on all other merchandise.

After playing a couple of home games in front of low attendances at Gosford in 2001, the decision was made to move back to Brookvale full time and it was decided to bring back the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles name, colours and logo for 2003.
Thanks @RedEagle for your comprehensive response.
So that makes sense as it was transitioning away from the merger.

I've had it for 18 years so I've pumped it up and my son can now kick the $hit out of it.

EAGLES TO STAY PUT - FOR THIS YEAR
5/6/2002
By Steven Maher - Central Coast Express
The Northern Eagles love - hate relationship with the Central Coast will continue - at least until the end of the season.

After a seven-hour meeting on Monday the Eagles board board decided the club would play it's remaining three matches at Central Coast Stadium Gosford, this season.

No decision was made on whether the club would make a full-time return to Brookvale in 2003.

But it is likely the club will not play on the Coast After this season, an Official announcement is likely following a second board meeting next Tuesday.

It is also expected the Eagles name will be dumped for Manly, "I give the people of the Central Coast my word, absolutely no decision has been made on :what will be happening next year," Eagles Chief executive Ian Thomson said yesterday.

"The only thing we discussed regarding where we will be playing is this years matches" "the games against Melbourne, North Queensland and New Zealand will be played at Gosford as planned.

"We've got a commitment and we want to see that through," it has been reported that we're definately going back to Brookvale but no such decision has been made.

"But our crowds have been very dissappointing on the coast".

After a sell-out crowd for the opening match at the stadium in 2002 the Eagles support has been on a rapid decline.

Fewer than 20,000 spectators have attended the Eagles three matches on the coast this year.

Unfortunately most links on that archived site don't seem to work.

Arko's call to arms
1/6/2002
By ADAM LUCIUS - the Manly Daily
Arko^s call to arms

MANLY supremo Ken Arthurson has warned the Northern Eagles they risk losing the supporters they have won back if they don't immediately abandon the Central Coast.

The Eagles board will attend an all-day meeting on Monday to decide on a number of issues, including the club's name, colours and jersey design.

But the debate over whether to pull the plug on NorthPower Stadium and re-schedule three remaining home games to Brookvale Oval is set to dominate talks.

Arthurson, who is head of the Manly Leagues Club, believes the board has no alternative but to leave the Central Coast even if it carries the threat of legal action from NorthPower Stadium management.

"It's gone beyond a joke and it's time to bring them back now," he said yesterday.

"I think they owe it to the fans on the peninsula to say 'thanks for your support, this is how we're repaying you'.

"If it means legal action then so be it, but people have had enough of this situation.

"They will alienate fans if they stay on the Central Coast."

Eagles chief executive Ian Thomson expects the NorthPower-Brookvale debate to feature prominently at Monday's meeting.

But he doesn't believe there will be a definite decision on the club's immediate future until its long-term plans are in place.

"Are we coming back as the Manly Sea Eagles? Are we changing the jersey?" he said.

"We will come back to Brookvale fulltime next year?

"All these questions have to be answered before we worry about what we're doing for the rest of this season.

"We will be discussing NorthPower Stadium at length, but there are other matters to sort out as well."

Yeah, everything is as if it’s the Beagles but not.
I never really noticed it before, someone gave it to me around the time of the merger and I only pumped it up today for my son to kick around.
It was only then that it stood out to me.
The football is just like the merger.............it has really stood the test of time.

God bless Mark Cannon, if it wasn't for him and his constant push to play all games out of the Central Coast we may still be in a joint venture with Norths, what a thought
Northern Eagles, what a joke. How to lose a whole supporter base. I never knew how much I loved the Sea Eagles till they weren't there.

Yeah, a lot of the old Bears players were never that keen on joining us in the first place. Only one player, hooker Jamie Goddard, to memory, stayed with us after we became Manly again.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2