Eagles' biggest fan boycotts final over Zorba saga

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Sea Eagle said:
I just cannot understand the timing for this. At seasons end, yes, not now. Dumb decision Manly!!!

IT was not the sort of issue you could let fester for four weeks.

fester is one thing mata - having a respectful gentleman's agreement is another.

But it depends apon the attitudes of the people involved. if one or other parties are hellbent on self righteously running an agenda in the media to bring down the other, then war and wrecking breaks out....

Not saying thats happening here but we have seen similar things in recent years in the manly club and also with political parties etc

Simple respectful gentleman's agreement could have worked fine until final series was over

Coaches are sacked from clubs all the time, the club is a business and if it believes that they need a new approach for the media manager position I support them.

I know that Zorba has been a loyal servant to our club but I can understand the club wanting to introduce someone more "professional' to the role. Zorba should still be able to stay on as some role within the club.

brookiegreg said:
But it depends apon the attitudes of the people involved. if one or other parties are hellbent on self righteously running an agenda in the media to bring down the other, then war and wrecking breaks out....

It is noticeable that many here seem to be beatifying Saint Zorba. Personally I think moving Zorba on is a very positive move by the club and gives me hope for the long term future of the joint. Zorba would know that those who live by the sword die by it and in this instance he handed them the blade and pointed it at his belly.

If there was any chance of his having a dignified departure he kissed it away when he treated a female journalist with contempt.

I think the only problem with that approach Ceagle, and this is my theory only, however:

Some on the Board may think that Zorba leaks 'unauthorised' information to the press, may have done so in the past, may still be doing so and could continue to do so into the future -if he were retained in some capacity.

He wouldn't be the first person in the Club's history to be jettisoned (in part at least) for leaking information to the press.

Hoisted by his own petard.

Matabele said:
brookiegreg said:

It is noticeable that many here seem to be beatifying Saint Zorba. Personally I think moving Zorba on is a very positive move by the club and gives me hope for the long term future of the joint. Zorba would know that those who live by the sword die by it and in this instance he handed them the blade and pointed it at his belly.

If there was any chance of his having a dignified departure he kissed it away when he treated a female journalist with contempt.

And such a noble profession being a female journalist and clearly held in high esteem by society. Rebecca wilson anyone.

Gone are the days when female journalists were really treated with contempt by the likes of Frank Sinatra when he called them one-a-bit hookers.

Oh oh, my contact at the fish shop reckons Rebecca Wilson is now threatening to boycott Manly matches in support of Zorba.

Not only that, the Cowboys are considering forfeiting the semi-final rather than play agains such a disgraceful club.

Now, where is my pineapple fritter?

tookey said:
Matabele said:
brookiegreg said:

And such a noble profession being a female journalist and clearly held in high esteem by society. Rebecca wilson anyone.

Gone are the days when female journalists were really treated with contempt by the likes of Frank Sinatra when he called them one-a-bit hookers.

No one calls Wilson a good sort. Calling a woman that is an immediate sign of patronising condescension. It has no place in the club.

Matabele said:
tookey said:
Matabele said:
brookiegreg said:

No one calls Wilson a good sort. Calling a woman that is an immediate sign of patronising condescension. It has no place in the club.

Must be different rules for club officials and players. He should have punched a sponsor instead. Or urinated in the corso. or driven his car at 140 km in an 80 zone. Or trashed his room at SOO. Double standards perhaps?

Cameron - if the players and coaches consistently went out of their way to support me, and give me a mountain of benefits / attention for years upon years, then the board decided to oust say Grant Mayer, what would you do, if I came out on the eve of the finals, and said,

"well, I don't like that decision, I'm going to boycott the games from this point".

What would say / think about me? Or is this situation very different, and if you say it IS very different......why?

This post was nothing short of sad to start with and it seems to be taking a turn for the worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8