Eagles Angel lets fly at state of junior rugby league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have been told that the date on the birth certificates for Polynesians some times is the dated when they were Christened, often 1 to 2 years after they were born. Hence giving a huuuge advantage. Don't know how true this is but certainly fits the bill.

I have been told that the date on the birth certificates for Polynesians some times is the dated when they were Christened, often 1 to 2 years after they were born. Hence giving a huuuge advantage. Don't know how true this is but certainly fits the bill.
I have heard that as well but don't know how true it is. It certainly wouldn't be the case for those born in Australia.

I have heard that as well but don't know how true it is. It certainly wouldn't be the case for those born in Australia.

You'd hope not but it does happen from time to time. Home births, no hospital records, that sort of thing.

Just on The Angels, they have done so much for the game and the club we love. I mean, if not for them Max Delmege might night have bought the club and helped bring it back from the edge of extinction.

And that's just for starters.

One of the dumbest things I have seen Manly do is cut ties with them.

I try to stay positive with most things Bozo does , as he has earned that right.But if this is him " strengthening the local grassroots game" It is appalling and makes me really question his mindset.

You would think that these older kids would excel in class also , seeing there brains are more developed .Without sounding too harsh , u would find that isn't the case ..

10 Beacon Hill players cited and only one Avalon player

Guess that says it all about Beacon Hill

I coach an under 13s team in north Queensland it's not a huge problem up here. But was amazed at the size of some of the poly kids when we traveled south for rep.
What you said about their birth certificate's is true.
Also kids who come to Australia without a birth certificate, there parents only have to get a stat dec signed for their kids supposed age.
We need a common sense approach to this growing problem.
Cap the max weight for each grade, bear in mind I have seen some big boppers that wouldn't bruise a grape.
So it could be a case by case situation depending on the kids size and aggression etc.
It's simple put the kids first. If a kid is over the max weight for that age group and could handle playing up he should.

You'd hope not but it does happen from time to time. Home births, no hospital records, that sort of thing.

Just on The Angels, they have done so much for the game and the club we love. I mean, if not for them Max Delmege might night have bought the club and helped bring it back from the edge of extinction.

And that's just for starters.

One of the dumbest things I have seen Manly do is cut ties with them.

Even with home births, if they're born in Australia you have to submit the registration paperwork within a couple of months of the birth. Centrelink payments are a pretty big incentive to get it done straight away (I don't just mean single parent pensions etc, even for FTB or baby bonus etc). I doubt you'd be giving up 1-2 years of benefits just so your kid could play footy against smaller kids down the track!

While I do agree with you @yokahontas , it does happen occasionally.

I don't doubt it happens with kids born overseas, but I reckon it'd be pretty rare for anyone born here. FWIW, my brothers and nephew all played their junior footy in western Sydney, plenty of giant Islander kids around. Can't speak for any of the opposition teams obviously, but the big kids on their teams were the right age. There were always comments about 'better check that kid's birth certificate' even then...I think maybe putting a max weight limit on the age group might be the way to go.

Wow!
One boy suspended for 15 years, two others 7 and 8 years.
Heard it on Talkin Sport.

Last edited:
From the Northern Beaches News.

Beacon Hill U17 should be held accountable for violence and false racial discrimination claims.

Two alleged 'journalists' should be held accountable for conspiring to perpetuate false accusations of racial discrimination.

It's difficult to oppose individuals in the media who have the platform to write anything, have it read by a wider public and it then somehow becomes fact. But thankfully social
media provides a platform for facts to be released.

Here's some facts.

At the end of the U17 Rugby League Grand Final at Brookvale Oval 4th September, a brawl broke out at full time leading to massive suspensions for players from Beacon Hill JRLFC and one from Avalon JRLFC from the judiciary hearing 8th September.

Beacon Hill had attempted to divert attention prior to the judiciary hearing by falsely accusing 'unknown' people, both players and spectators of racial vilification and that is apparently 'the back story' of why they should be justified in kicking people in the head.

The judiciary hearing contained zero reference to racial taunts of any kind.

The touch judge and referees report from the game made no mention of any racial discrimination from the players.

Now, with Beacon Hill heading towards appealing the suspensions, the 'friends of Beacon Hill' within the media are continuing to push a false agenda to somehow provide justification for their behaviour. Video proves the violence, the audio on the video proves that Beacon Hill are making false accusations about racism.

The Manly Daily column by Mr Peter Peters Saturday 10th September shows that he is part of an overall plan to sway public opinion and 'create' facts of racism claims.

Danny Weidler has attempted to add to this manufactured fact in his SMH column Saturday 10th September.
Mr Weidler reported that a report from the security company confirmed the racism.

I'll just assume that the simultaneous release of these columns on the same day is coincidental. Facts have no place for random speculation or baseless opinion.

Let's look at some of the associations that show just how much these reports smell.

Firstly keeping in mind that the appalling thuggery as demonstrated and proven leading to suspensions up to 15 years was perpetrated by the U17 Beacon Hill Bears.
Coach: Jason Lussick
Trainer: Joey Lussick

The 'proof' of the racism as referenced within Danny Weidlers column is from a 'security report'.
The security company who allegedly tabled this report are Anchor Security who had the contract at Brookvale Oval on the day. Darcy Lussick, son of coach of the Beacon Hill Bears also works for Anchor Security.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/new-manly-prop-a-working-class-man/story-fn6ck6f9-1226117678680

Also consider that at no time did the Ground Managers, the referee, the touch judges or the in goal touch judges hear the alleged racism. It would appear that only the 'security company' heard this. What would be their course of action if they hear such appalling behaviour? A first warning with a name being recorded or an immediate removal from the ground. So if they heard it and did nothing about it what would they be doing there ?

The association of Fulton and Lussick, their professional positions and how the MWDJRL appointed Anchor Security should be investigated.

The attempts to soften the penalties handed to the Beacon Hill players via appeal and a combined media strategy should be investigated.

Any accusation of racism, proven to be false should attract a charge from police and or some form of legal penalty or civil action from those who have been falsely accused.

Meanwhile, Beacon Hill Bears remain the losers of a Rugby League Grand Final and worse they show us all the ugly side of a sport that is being choked by a select few who feel they own the sport itself.

Comments from Kristie Fulton via Facebook on a Manly Daily report 9th Sep (since removed) demonstrated the delusions of Rugby League grandeur that must be genetic or at best environmental.

Out of all this, none of the Beacon Hill U17 players should have any consideration for leniency based on false racism claims aimed at distracting everyone from the original issue, unforgivable violence within junior sport.

Racism card played, shown to be a fifth ace in the pack.

She is a caring mother, have a look at whats going on
Nici Andronicus is one of the most wonderful people you can ever meet. She does so much for the community and has raised a wonderful family and cared for a husband who has been through a horrible cancer and is still dealing with it. she has done so much for the Manly club as have all the Eagles Angels. Foul mouthed? Well aren't we all when we have cause to be and want to protect our children. As Shnorky said - have a look at what's going on. Have a look at who runs the Beacon Hill Bears - have a look at what's happening at Manly and do the math.

Beacon Hill U17 should be held accountable for violence and false racial discrimination claims.

Two alleged 'journalists' should be held accountable for conspiring to perpetuate false accusations of racial discrimination.

It's difficult to oppose individuals in the media who have the platform to write anything, have it read by a wider public and it then somehow becomes fact. But thankfully social

Here's some facts.

At the end of the U17 Rugby League Grand Final at Brookvale Oval 4th September, a brawl broke out at full time leading to massive suspensions for players from Beacon Hill JRLFC and one from Avalon JRLFC from the judiciary hearing 8th September.

Beacon Hill had attempted to divert attention prior to the judiciary hearing by falsely accusing 'unknown' people, both players and spectators of racial vilification and that is apparently 'the back story' of why they should be justified in kicking people in the head.

The touch judge and referees report from the game made no mention of any racial discrimination from the players.

Now, with Beacon Hill heading towards appealing the suspensions, the 'friends of Beacon Hill' within the media are continuing to push a false agenda to somehow provide justification for their behaviour. Video proves the violence, the audio on the video proves that Beacon Hill are making false accusations about racism.

The Manly Daily column by Mr Peter Peters Saturday 10th September shows that he is part of an overall plan to sway public opinion and 'create' facts of racism claims.

Danny Weidler has attempted to add to this manufactured fact in his SMH column Saturday 10th September.
Mr Weidler reported that a report from the security company confirmed the racism.

I'll just assume that the simultaneous release of these columns on the same day is coincidental. Facts have no place for random speculation or baseless opinion.

Let's look at some of the associations that show just how much these reports smell.

Firstly keeping in mind that the appalling thuggery as demonstrated and proven leading to suspensions up to 15 years was perpetrated by the U17 Beacon Hill Bears.

The 'proof' of the racism as referenced within Danny Weidlers column is from a 'security report'.
The security company who allegedly tabled this report are Anchor Security who had the contract at Brookvale Oval on the day. Darcy Lussick, son of coach of the Beacon Hill Bears also works for Anchor Security.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/new-manly-prop-a-working-class-man/story-fn6ck6f9-1226117678680

Also consider that at no time did the Ground Managers, the referee, the touch judges or the in goal touch judges hear the alleged racism. It would appear that only the 'security company' heard this. What would be their course of action if they hear such appalling behaviour? A first warning with a name being recorded or an immediate removal from the ground. So if they heard it and did nothing about it what would they be doing there ?

The association of Fulton and Lussick, their professional positions and how the MWDJRL appointed Anchor Security should be investigated.

The attempts to soften the penalties handed to the Beacon Hill players via appeal and a combined media strategy should be investigated.

Any accusation of racism, proven to be false should attract a charge from police and or some form of legal penalty or civil action from those who have been falsely accused.

Meanwhile, Beacon Hill Bears remain the losers of a Rugby League Grand Final and worse they show us all the ugly side of a sport that is being choked by a select few who feel they own the sport itself.

Comments from Kristie Fulton via Facebook on a Manly Daily report 9th Sep (since removed) demonstrated the delusions of Rugby League grandeur that must be genetic or at best environmental.

Out of all this, none of the Beacon Hill U17 players should have any consideration for leniency based on false racism claims aimed at distracting everyone from the original issue, unforgivable violence within junior sport.

Great article!

Here's some facts.

That's just disgraceful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4