Eagles' advantage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Eagles' advantage

Eagles' advantage
ADAM LUCIUS
Manly Daily
15mar05
MANLY emerged with a win-win result at the judiciary yesterday after Terry Hill escaped suspension and Sharks captain Brett Kimmorley was charged and faces missing Sunday's match against the Sea Eagles.

Kimmorley's teammate and key forward, Danny Nutley, will miss two matches unless he successfully beats a dangerous throw charge.

Kimmorley is looking at a one-match ban for a careless high tackle during Cronulla's impressive win over Penrith on Saturday night.

Hill was also charged with a careless high tackle following Sunday's 26-20 win over the Warriors but will escape suspension with an early guilty plea.

The Sharks can ill-afford to lose both Kimmorley and Nutley as they prepare for the visit to Brookvale - a ground at which they have rarely won.

But Manly coach Des Hasler refused to write the Sharks off.

``They will miss them if they don't play but they're still a pretty fair side,'' he said. ``I think the Sharks, along with Canterbury and the Storm, were the form sides to come out of the weekend.

``They will be hard to beat whoever they put on the field.''

Hasler credited his team's defence - and an article in an Auckland newspaper - as the catalysts behind Manly's first-up win at Ericsson Stadium.

The Sea Eagles led 12-2 at the break and withstood a Warriors fightback to claim a confidence-boosting win.

``It was probably our defence that held us in there,'' he said.

On the article, which suggested the Warriors would have little trouble seeing off Manly, Hasler told the author: ``I can't believe the amount of pressure you put on the Warriors - you keep writing stories like that and the opposition teams will get motivation.''

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8