Eagles 1/2's failing to produce results

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ahh the ""overrated"" Laurie Daley

Never played a reserve grade game
Represented NSW Country at 17
Selected in 1987 in Flegg and sat on the bench for the GF that year
3 premierships from 5 Gfs
26 Tests including captaining Australia
21 Origins
Dally M 1995
4 Times Raiders player of the year in a great era
3 consecutive Origin series wins as captain
Selected as one of the finest 100 players of the century

If you want to get paid 1 million like Kieran does that is how your resume should read.If Foran reaches the heights of Daley he deserves his paycheck.He may very well do so but placing him above Daley at this stage of his career is ridiculous.

Could someone explain to me how we have the two best halfs in the game but Snake seems to be at the heart of everything, including try assists?
Not all assists are assists if they just assist the ball along the backline lol.

In the old days you could look into the assists stat and generate worthy stats on a player as there was less work involved prior to the final delivery to create a conducive environment for an assist to take place.

These days Ballin holds the inside with his bit Foran sucks in the backline with his bit and Stewart after 75-85% of the work already done finishes off the job with an assist or a try.

Not saying what Stewart does is not important or all class but not all his assists are worthy of assists.

Conversely in the other direction Ballin to DCE or G.Stewart or J.Lyon onto Brett, i doubt Brett is soooo into himself to not credit half his assists to the efforts of others on his inside.

Ahh the ""overrated"" Laurie Daley

Never played a reserve grade game
Represented NSW Country at 17
Selected in 1987 in Flegg and sat on the bench for the GF that year
3 premierships from 5 Gfs
26 Tests including captaining Australia
21 Origins
Dally M 1995
4 Times Raiders player of the year in a great era
3 consecutive Origin series wins as captain
Selected as one of the finest 100 players of the century

If you want to get paid 1 million like Kieran does that is how your resume should read.If Foran reaches the heights of Daley he deserves his paycheck.He may very well do so but placing him above Daley at this stage of his career is ridiculous.
I never placed Foran above Daley i just stated Foran has a more rounded skill set and Daley was great due to his leadership qualities more so than his over-rated skillset and yes implying over-rated abilities.

It is the Daley like qualities in Foran that makes him more important to this club for the future than DCE.

I could care less about a players representative history that is the opinion of selectors does not make that player the perfect fit for a club.

Take Cliff Lyons for example i would pick him over many others who had better representative careers but would pick others over Cliffy to represent state or country.

In some ways it is harder to play at a consistent high level in normal competition rounds than in internationals/rep's as the analysis on individual players by each club is more thorough and the trained structures in defence and attack are more in depth.

A world class Soccer team will "usually" beat a world class Country team due to the trained structures---- for the same reason why Germany and Spain have won the more recent world cups due to a core playing group that plays together at club level.

'Foran is an improved version of an overrated Laurie Daley""

Of course you never placed Foran over Daley ... I just imagined the above quote....same old same old.

'Foran is an improved version of an overrated Laurie Daley""

Of course you never placed Foran over Daley ... I just imagined the above quote....same old same old.
Same old same old from you----an improved version meaning a more rounded talented skill set to work from, not "Foran is a better player than Daley" history and continuing his great form over a decade will show if Foran is a better player.

In saying that and since you are a Rep Stats type of "give validation to my thoughts" type of person Forans Rep stats are not that bad so far, and would have been playing Origin at a young age also.

Much easier for Australian teams in the past to defeat the opposition than what NewZealand have done to Australia recently--- also puts rep stats into perspective when you look at them through unbiased mindsets.

I think that Foran has the potential to be as great as Laurie Daley. He has everything in his game to be a winner. He can impact a game with one tackle, one pass or kick or one run, he could be as good as Lewis by the end of his career.

I agree with TC in believing that Foran is a more talented player than Daley. Daley played in an era where Canberra had the luxury of no salary cap and later a very "dubious" cap. They would never be able to assemble a team like they had from 1989-1994 in today's game. Daley had a strong running game and was rugged in defence. He would step up when the team needed inspiration, but he was limited in a lot of facets of his game.

Foran has a better skill set than Daley, and he is a Sea Eagles not a Raider so end of discussion! hahaha!

I've only returned to save the site and get the subject matter back on track.

Only so much i can do though and to be honest the new look to the site gives me a migraine on the desktop and especially the phone.

Anyway i don't feel i have the right to complain as it is a free site and we should all be thankful it exists so i just deal with it or frequent the site less.

Back to ParraClapClapClap.com hopefully the new format is cleaned up before i arrive back on the Northern Beaches in 2017 or a few more doors will be ripped off it's hinges.

Only so much i can do though and to be honest the new look to the site gives me a migraine on the desktop and especially the phone.

@Technical Coach you can change the look. Go to your User CP / Profile Page - click on your avatar in top RH corner, or use drop down menu next to it. Click on "Preferences" and the top of preferences you have "Locale" where you can chose the "style" of the site from the drop down menu.. Try "Alternate Silvertails" which is more like the old site.

I agree with TC in believing that Foran is a more talented player than Daley. Daley played in an era where Canberra had the luxury of no salary cap and later a very "dubious" cap. They would never be able to assemble a team like they had from 1989-1994 in today's game. Daley had a strong running game and was rugged in defence. He would step up when the team needed inspiration, but he was limited in a lot of facets of his game.

Foran has a better skill set than Daley, and he is a Sea Eagles not a Raider so end of discussion! hahaha!
Laurie Daley had the Nickname "Tampon." He was very injury prone and would regular be in for a week and then out for 3 weeks. Foz is tough & durable, there is no comparison.

Laurie Daley had the Nickname "Tampon." He was very injury prone and would regular be in for a week and then out for 3 weeks. Foz is tough & durable, there is no comparison.

Like a homemade sanitary napkin, made from an old work sock. Always on hand and good for years. That's a Martha Stewart tip.

No it's not.

Dammit!! I thought I was onto something there. Yet another get rich quick scheme dies in its embryotic stage.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. Let's see, what else could we sell? GOT IT!!!! Pirate eye patches from no longer wanted G strings...readily sourced from Salvation Army stores.

Ooohh, baby! This is definitely going to make me rich, and QUICK!!!

yeah an absolute crock was Daley He won 4 player of the year gongs in a side that will go down as one of the best in history. You don't do that from the sideline. At international level Foran has had a couple of great games and many solid/average ones.I appreciate the Manly bias but I find the comparison ridiculous at this stage of his career.

yeah an absolute crock was Daley He won 4 player of the year gongs in a side that will go down as one of the best in history. You don't do that from the sideline. At international level Foran has had a couple of great games and many solid/average ones.I appreciate the Manly bias but I find the comparison ridiculous at this stage of his career.
Spot on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6