e-mail from manly leagues club re des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Simmo said:
Chip and Chase said:
The death knell for any coach under the pump is when the club publicly state that the coach has the full support of the board.

I would hardly call Des a "coach under the pump".

I didn't mean to infer Des was under the pump in terms of performance, I was just pointing out the invariably when a club publicly "fully supports" their coach you can almost guarantee that they will be shown the door shortly after. If the situation is all rosy and hunky dory then no public show of support is required, is it ?

People are to paranoid about this crap. Des isn't leaving Manly. Phil Rothfield enjoys writing crap to stir the pot. The Dogs can't even sign him because he is still on contract.

Look at how much Bulldog fans are convincing themselves that they are getting Des Hasler

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=91359&page=3

lol

Ceagle said:
People are to paranoid about this crap. Des isn't leaving Manly. Phil Rothfield enjoys writing crap to stir the pot. The Dogs can't even sign him because he is still on contract.

Look at how much Bulldog fans are convincing themselves that they are getting Des Hasler

lol

Because contracts mean so much these days

Central Coast Eagle said:
Ceagle said:

lol

Because contracts mean so much these days

It is up to the club to release him not Des himself.

And why are people trying to put a negative spin on this email?

I'm not putting a negative spin on, I actually think it's all BS, but we don't know the ins and outs of Des' contract. Ross Lyons form St Kilda still had a year left on his contract and is now coaching Fremantle.

All the rumors are coming from the bulldog camp. Nothing suggests Hasler wants out and is upset with the board.

This email is both stupid and unnecessary, but also poorly timed!

Just dumb, this achieves nothing, screams desperation and raises more questions than it answers.

Daniel said:
This email is both stupid and unnecessary, but also poorly timed!

Just dumb, this achieves nothing, screams desperation and raises more questions than it answers.

But we've come to expect no less from Bobby Bear. He has a habit of doing this sort of thing whenever hevfeels the heat and it's more to do with saving his bacon than serving the long term interests of Manly.

Chip and Chase said:
Simmo said:
Chip and Chase said:
The death knell for any coach under the pump is when the club publicly state that the coach has the full support of the board.

I would hardly call Des a "coach under the pump".

I didn't mean to infer Des was under the pump in terms of performance, I was just pointing out the invariably when a club publicly "fully supports" their coach you can almost guarantee that they will be shown the door shortly after. If the situation is all rosy and hunky dory then no public show of support is required, is it ?

Go back to the thread about what Graeme Hughes said and Rothfield's story and look at the way people were lapping it up as gospel.

If some of the posters on here are representative of the wider fan base then clearly the story couldn't be left to fester uncountered, otherwise we would be spending grand final week with continued speculation about Des going to the Dogs.

Even the generic "on terms that work" has got a couple of people in a tizz when it was nothing more than a standard proviso so they wouldn't have left themselves open to Des making a totally unrealistic demand (eg $2 mill per season) and then saying but you told the members you would re-sign me at any cost.

I can't understand why people are tumbling into this bulldogs/telegraph piece of sh.t stirring.

I can tell you this much: we lose Des and heads will roll.

When it comes to Des we have only missed the finals once under him, which was 2004 (his first year), which is 7 years in a row, 3 of which we have made the grand final. He has a 59% winning record. Finals - Grand Final record is 42.9%.

Compare this to Wayne Bennett who was allowed to stay at the Broncos for as long as he wanted: coached for 21 seasons, took them to 19 straight finals series, 6 Grand Finals (won all of them) for a record of 64% winning record. This means he missed his first 2 years. Des missed only his first. Des is one up on Bennett here. Bennett's finals record, even though his Grand Final win percentage is better (6 from 6 at the Broncos), his finals - Grand Final percentage is 31.6%

With this in mind I would say that Des has more of a right to free reign at this club than Bennett did at Brisbane. If we lose Des then that will be unacceptable and answers will be required.

Ceagle said:

lol

You angry Homosexual!!! lol

The Bulldogs made a secret approach to Hasler six weeks ago but were told the Sea Eagles coach had activated an option to remain at Manly for next season.

Not content, Canterbury board members hatched a plan to throw $800,000-a-season at the 2008 premiership-winning coach. A furious Manly Leagues club chairman Bob Reilly has moved to ensure Hasler becomes the first 10-year coach on the northern peninsula.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/hypocrite-bulldogs-on-the-hunt-for-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226145274869

Get your ****ing hands off him you dirty dogs. $2.3 mill over 3 years, hard to compete with that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2