Dylan walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is as dynamic as a front rower, absolutely nothing but tuck the ball under his arm and run... Taped hand or not he has been the same all season. Up there as the biggest dud buy for us this season

it has been the same for the past number of years. too many penalties when we have the opposition in their half, so many times we still have a tackler on the ground when the mans playing the ball, its lazy and costs yardage with only one marker, far too much running sideways and turning ball back in for no result, hardly ever look like scoring a try when in the opposition 20mtrs due to lack of inventiveness, if its not working change the bloody approach when attacking, and no ball security, if they spent more time concentrating on getting the job done and stop blaming referees or blowing up when a decision goes against them and take responsibility for our own bloody lack of discipline we'd be a lot more competitive

He is as dynamic as a front rower, absolutely nothing but tuck the ball under his arm and run... Taped hand or not he has been the same all season. Up there as the biggest dud buy for us this season

Spot on - his only strength, as a centre, is running into a gap (off a good pass from someone else). Even in that position, he's always had zero playmaking ability - Gasnier-like in his ball-hogging.

He represents what happens when a player is moved every week in a season. He has played 2 games at his preferred position. Everyone is being harsh on Dylan. Barrett is the one to blame, Koroisau has played great in the halves why not put him in the 6 jersey when Lyon is out? It's a joke the way Barrett coaches and selects the team he doesn't think.

Give him time, a decent run in the one position and a stable spine you will be eating your words. He is a very good footballer. Our problem this years has been injuries and an unstable line up. The emergence of Lussick and his game tonight has been enough for me to say it's a positive year. I think with him JB, Turbos, Parcel, Api (bench) the future looks good.

Not playing tonight. Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Nate Myles, Matt Parcell, Brenton Lawrence. Some handy additions there.

He is a centre and a very good one at that. At 6 you may as well play thin air which heaps pressure on DCE. We need him in the side but only as a centre. Not having Lyon at 5/8 really sets us back.

Edit: I'd like Api to get a go at 6 and Walker back at centre. Api has a natural ability with the ball and his game awareness is invaluable. At hooker he can disrupt the attack. Parcell back to Hooker, Api to 6, Walker to the centres and Brown to the bench.

He represents what happens when a player is moved every week in a season. He has played 2 games at his preferred position. Everyone is being harsh on Dylan. Barrett is the one to blame, Koroisau has played great in the halves why not put him in the 6 jersey when Lyon is out? It's a joke the way Barrett coaches and selects the team he doesn't think.

I would prefer to see Api as the halves fill-in. There are some centres who can easily slot in to 5/8 (see also: Jamie Lyon) - but these are the guys who are constantly putting their winger in for tries, with well-placed passes, or a neat little grubber here and there. And then there are the Walker-style centres: dynamic hole-runner, when one of the halves gives him a good pass. But awful at setting up his winger, to the point of crowding him and ball-hogging. Somebody PLEASE explain the difference to our coaching staff - Walker does not, will not have the ability to transition into the halves like Killer does!

Bring back David Vaeliki and Ashley Alberts ! Throw Steppa and The Koala in the wings !!

Walker is not a 5/8
Vave is not a half back

and Barrett in not a coach that is capable of taking us to another premiership win
The loss against the depleted Eels , a club in so much turmoil
painted a picture on the standard of Barrett's coaching ability .

The problem with playing Brown at hooker is that his piss weak defence is stuck up the middle of the field. At least Api offers decent defence from hooker even if he does miss a few tackles.

Walker is not a 5/8. Tonight he reminded me a lot of the later career Benji Marshall. Ok, at least Benji passes the ball, but Walker, like Benji tends to do, runs sideways and not forward when in the halves. He also has no creativity and can't set up his supports.

Until Killer and/or Parcell return we're really between a rock and a hard place. And with Killer retiring at the end of the season I hope we actually have managed to sign someone like Blake Green, or that Barrett gives someone like Api a go at 5/8. But the fact is that we need a creative 5/8 (or at least one with the ability to take the pressure off like Killer does) to partner DCE in the halves and that isn't Walker.

I really think Dylan Walker should be in the centres and that is it and should only be considered as a 5/8 as a last resort.

Last edited:
The problem with playing Brown at hooker is that his piss weak defence is stuck up the middle of the field. At least Api offers decent defence from hooker even if he does miss a few tackles.

Walker is not a 5/8. Tonight he reminded me a lot of the later career Benji Marshall. Ok, at least Benji passes the ball, but Walker, like Benji tends to do, runs sideways and not forward when in the halves. He also has no creativity and can't set up his supports.

Until Killer and/or Parcell return we're really between a rock and a hard place. And with Killer retiring at the end of the season I hope we actually have managed to sign someone like Blake Green, or that Barrett gives someone like Api a go at 5/8. But the fact is that we need a creative 5/8 (or at least one with the ability to take the pressure off like Killer does) to partner DCE in the halves and that isn't Walker.

I really think Dylan Walker should be in the centres and that is it and should only be considered as a 5/8 as a last resort.

Walker wouldn't even be my last resort. I reckon even Williame would handle it better!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6