Dunly's comments in the paper !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man

Quoted from todays Manly Daily from one of the players:-

"We've been down on our enthusiasm a little bit and maybe the young blokes will bring a bit of that to the side," Dunley said.

I'm sorry, but I am extremely dissapointed in this !!! What kind of serious team are down on enthusiasm? I think Des, Roach and co. need to find out why there is a lack of enthusiasm from their own players, and address the situation.

In fact, this should have been addressed PRIOR to it publicly being stated in the press.

In my opinion, it is the coaches job to address attitude. What's happenning Des? 8| 8| 8|

I think Des, Roach and co. need to find out why there is a lack of enthusiasm from their own players, and address the situation.
We have evidence of Roach being on at least two benders in the past week. So what help is he going to be?

Quoted from todays Manly Daily from one of the players:-

\"We've been down on our enthusiasm a little bit and maybe the young blokes will bring a bit of that to the side,\" Dunley said.

I'm sorry, but I am extremely dissapointed in this !!! What kind of serious team are down on enthusiasm?
In fact, this should have been addressed PRIOR to it publicly being stated in the press.

Beg to differ, Ryan. I'm pleased to read this.

Enthusiasm isn't a binary "yes/no", "have/have not" commodity. It's a continuum. And it varies from one person's perception to the next.

The worst thing you can do when enthisiasm is at all down is to sweep it under the carpet. That might be less embarassing for the coaching staff, and prevent this sort of criticism, but that doesn't help.

I'm hoping this is part of a greater willingness to be open and honest - to face reality - to openly admit problems. That's the first step in fixing them.

Another way to look at it Ryan, is that no team can be permanently on a high state of alert or in a high state of enthusiasm.

There must be troughs and hills.

So if we have experienced a trough it could well be reasoned that we are on the upward swing & heading towards a peak enthusiastic state .

Piece of positive BS for us all in that i think ! :lol2:

I don't see why it should be up to the coaching staff to get the players enthusiastic. To a certain degree it is upm to them to keep training fresh and enjoyable. In the long run shouldn't it be the players who maintain there enthusiasm? If they don't turn up with that enthusiasm each week why are they playing the game? To earn some bucks? Well if that's their attitude they shouldn't be there. That's the coaches job- get rid of the players who don't show that enthusiasm.

most of those players have about 150000 good reasons to be enthusiastic!

Guys - point taken, and well responded to.
I think tonight DID actually show that the young guys bought some enthusiasm to the team.

Seemed an effective strategy to get the enthusiasm issue out in the open for everyone to see. Gave the players something to focus on, and commit to, this week. Dominating possession didn't hurt either.

Of course, if the same issue was focused on every week, it'd become boring, forced, and ineffective.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4