Dunley grass cuts The Chad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
ADAM LUCIUS
08jul05

THE Randall era at Manly looks to have officially ended with confirmation the Sea Eagles have offered hooker Shayne Dunley a new two-year deal.

Dunley will sign an upgraded contract within the next few days, virtually forcing hooking rival Chad Randall out of the club.

The Sea Eagles have not made Randall an offer and plan to use skipper Michael Monaghan at No. 9 next season if they land Melbourne's Matt Orford.

The Randall family has had a 35-year association with the Sea Eagles, beginning with former hardman and ex-international Terry Randall in the 1970s.

"There's been nothing from Manly - their main priority is Matt Orford - so if something comes from another club then I'll definitely have a look at it," Chad Randall said last night.

"It will come down to dollars and cents and the chance for more game time.

"I'm willing to listen to offers from other clubs."

Terry Randall, who played 208 games for Manly and was a member of the club's four premiership-winning sides in the 1970s, last month declared: "I just want them to be up front. If they don't want Chad, they should just be honest and tell him.

"I'll be very, very disappointed and upset if they don't want him and they've just held on to him."

Chad Randall and Dunley have shared the hooking role over the past two seasons, with the latter receiving the majority of game time this year.

After shifting between clubs over recent years, Dunley was relieved to have finally secured his future. "It's good to know it's all sorted," he said yesterday.

"I didn't want to go anywhere. Manly are going places and I want to be part of it."

This is a good move, dunley has been good this year and adds an aspect in that role that very few have.

\"It will come down to dollars and cents

and the chance for more game time.
2 observations:

1. This is no loyal Manly boy - it's a mercenary (and a poor one at that, French Legion, not Selous Scout)

2. Isn't this the same clown who 18 months ago was happy to have LESS game time?

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH!

[quote author=byso]

2 observations:

1. This is no loyal Manly boy - it's a mercenary (and a poor one at that, French Legion, not Selous Scout)

2. Isn't this the same clown who 18 months ago was happy to have LESS game time?

[/quote]

Mata, it obviously isn't a question of $ because he wasn't even offered a contract. I think he's just trying to put a very pretty.. I mean brave face on the whole affair.

It tells me that Orford is in the bag.

Replacing our hooker with our half... already?

Thats way to risky for something not to be going on. C

Watched the Bulldogs game yesterday too. Can't wait for Bell either.

bottom line is Dunners has consitantly been one of our better players all season, Chad has been crap.

last season and prior doesnt really come into it!( nor does looks)

[quote author=byso]

2 observations:

[/quote]

Harsh Mata

It seems Manly isn't making an offer, and if so I hope Chad gets a good offer elsewhere. Terry appears very upset that Manly haven't been more upfront with Chad. Would like to see Chad revitalised at a new club.

2 observations:

How many on here would have heard of Selous Scouts Matas.

did they get disbanded after Rhodesia went native or what happened to them.

I have heard Chad could be going to Cronulla to replace Sullivan.Swapping one beach address for another.I hope this does mean we have Orford?

Selous Scouts are disbanded.

My cousin was a scout. Now on big dollars as a mercenary in Afghanistan.

yeah the Kabul minesweepers are the defending premiers, defeated the Kandahar refugees in last years decider

yeah there was an explosive end to the first half when Kandahars halfback tried a suicide run into the ingoal severely injuring the Burka clad cheergirls of the local Kabul team

So will Monas retain the captaincy then ?

Because Dunley would be taking his minutes from the bench,and if Monas will be off the field then we will need someone else to step up too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4