Dummy Half

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eaglette Fan

Reserve Grader
Who would you rate as the top 4-5 current Manly players in the No. 9 position?

1. Matt Ballin
2. Jamie Buhrer
3. Liam Higgins
4. Luke Vescio - still only about 18 years of age, but there is a pretty good wrap on him.

I think that would be the order although its a bit hard to really rate Buhrer because we haven't really seen him in action for a decent enough length of time. I do like the look of Higgins though, but find it difficult to see him getting game time unless Ballin gets injured because with both Ballin and Higgins not really versatile I can't see Toovs using a bench spot for him.

Eaglette Fan said:

1. Matt Ballin
2. Jamie Buhrer
3. Liam Higgins
4. Luke Vescio - still only about 18 years of age, but there is a pretty good wrap on him.

Luke Vescio has gone to Parramatta with Jamile Hopoate this year and both are in the eels toyota cup squad.

Masked Eagle said:
I think that would be the order although its a bit hard to really rate Buhrer because we haven't really seen him in action for a decent enough length of time. I do like the look of Higgins though, but find it difficult to see him getting game time unless Ballin gets injured because with both Ballin and Higgins not really versatile I can't see Toovs using a bench spot for him.

You make some good points. In 2010,Costin (SCSE Coach) reversed the positions of Buhrer and Seu Seu for quite a few games, with Jamie at dummy half and Seu Seu at 5/8th. That is when I got to see Buhrer at no. 9 and he did well.

tookey said:
Eaglette Fan said:

1. Matt Ballin
2. Jamie Buhrer
3. Liam Higgins

Luke Vescio has gone to Parramatta with Jamile Hopoate this year and both are in the eels toyota cup squad.

Damn, I didn't know that. Seems the Eels have picked just about the best from our Under 18s then, signing up Hopoate, Vescio, and Joey Lussick. Would they like anymore?!

Just another case of parra paying massive overs for our juniors players. Unfortunately a career killing move for them as parra's record with juniors is woeful.

Dont worry I am sure we will pick up a few Parra rejects that play in one of our premiership winning teams

The Wheel said:
Dont worry I am sure we will pick up a few Parra rejects that play in one of our premiership winning teams

The Eels are such a dumb club. They should dominate the league with the amount of juniors they have. Thankfully they seem to be the absolute worst club in the NRL when it comes to development. You'd think the penny would drop when they see how many juniors kick on at other clubs that perhaps they aren't using their resources, but instead they go and raid other clubs junior players. The stupidity of how they operate astounds me.

Eaglette Fan said:

1. Matt Ballin
2. Jamie Buhrer
3. Liam Higgins

I agree with the top 3 but from the limited games I have seen Ricardi, he looks like a player who would flourish as an impact player to test a tiring ruck. Though his chosen position is in the halves cant see him moving DCE or Foz in a hurry & wont be suprised to see Tooves give him a shot during the trials.

Certainly going to be very interesting if Ballin picks up an injury.

For the record, I am well & truely on the 'Riccardi on the bench' bandwagon.

Might seem hard to believe to Manly fans that did not get to see much SCSE, but Lussick played a couple of blinders in the number 9. Probably to bulked up now though.

Masked Eagle said:
The Wheel said:

The Eels are such a dumb club. They should dominate the league with the amount of juniors they have. Thankfully they seem to be the absolute worst club in the NRL when it comes to development. You'd think the penny would drop when they see how many juniors kick on at other clubs that perhaps they aren't using their resources, but instead they go and raid other clubs junior players. The stupidity of how they operate astounds me.

Let's just hope we dont go down the same path now we have lost the premier talent spotting/recruitment team there was.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4