Dumb Tom tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How
I reckon there is a zero % chance of this happening...not saying it’s completely crazy but Daly’s kicking game out of yardage will keep him at half. I doubt he would agree to it anyway and he’d be on the first flight out to Redcliffe lol
The problem even with that big yardage kick.
It's always going back 15 metres before it goes forward.

His kicking game just needs more variety and accuracy.

Running to the line chewing up those metres before kicking on the run.

Id even say hooker need not be a full position swap. Just spending more time around the Ruck in attack

DCE would find more grass and distance kicking that big boomer from dummy half.

But keeping the opposition guessing and mixing it up

DCE to Hooker, Foran to half and Schuster to 5/8 as advocated by others on here is looking like a real good idea.
Wouldn't you think Foz would make then better hooker with his direct running style and passing ability? Would chew up so many metres with his tough direct runs.

Tom is our best prop.
Cherry is out best #9

It's pretty obvious, despite the fact neither will ever play in those positions.

How

Id even say hooker need not be a full position swap. Just spending more time around the Ruck in attack

I’m not saying I think his yardage kicking game is elite, more that it’s better than Foran (who struggles for distance) and Schu who doesn’t really have one to begin with.

I’m most disappointed when Daly doesn’t mid field bomb enough...he likes the ball on the ground in those situations. The best in the game (Cleary) pretty much won the grand final for Penrith by kicking high and long and pinning opposition back 3s on their own line.

I’m not saying I think his yardage kicking game is elite, more that it’s better than Foran (who struggles for distance) and Schu who doesn’t really have one to begin with.

I’m most disappointed when Daly doesn’t mid field bomb enough...he likes the ball on the ground in those situations. The best in the game (Cleary) pretty much won the grand final for Penrith by kicking high and long and pinning opposition back 3s on their own line.

Maybe he is gun shy, he use to bang them up and long a couple years back, but put a few over the deadball line, with the 7 tackle sets maybe he feels its not worth the risk?
I don't know but would love to see the high kicks to allow time to get up in their faces,we just don't do it. They get a good 15m free return before meeting any defence

Why cant DCE play hooker on attack and defend in his usual halfback spot?

Or as others have suggested just mix up the ruck more for starters.

Wouldn't you think Foz would make then better hooker with his direct running style and passing ability? Would chew up so many metres with his tough direct runs.
Dummy half will force DCE to play direct rather than sideways. He is an excellent defender and has good pace off the mark. He has all of the attributes required.

Don't get me started on that end over end, land it 10 metres out from the try line crap he dishes up, just so he doesn't have to practice being pin point.

For a while he was a least working on both the spiral and inside spiral bomb, but that seems to have vanished.

The biggest disappoint for me, I still think DCE should be that elite kicking player.

I just think he's lazy 'with that part of his game', he values his play making and running game more, when it's game management and kicking which the team need first and foremost.

If he built more pressure and didn't go for that all or nothing play, and actually went to the line, to pass, once in a while.

He's be impossible to handle.

We won't find out if Schuster's kicking game is better than DCE until he spends a season at either 6 or 7 .He has shown enough of what he can do in the 2 games that he played at 6 to be a better option than both halves we have in creating scoring opportunities and having the defense in 2 minds when attacking . Let's just wait for Des to decide when to put him in the halves but I for one cannot wait to see Schuster and young Latu Fainu carry Manly to their next title .I am not writing us off for 2022 and 2023 .Lets go Manly .

That happened a couple of times last game... tom was wanting to do everything himself and just wasted tackles
I think it’s a good thing though. He’s starting to play more and will work it out as the season gets on. Peaking around grand final time when he sets up Garrick for 3 tries in the GF.

Garrick most points in a GF with 22 points from 3 tries and 5/7 with the boot (he hits the posts twice from the sideline)

Dummy half will force DCE to play direct rather than sideways. He is an excellent defender and has good pace off the mark. He has all of the attributes required.
I don't think we have a better halfback option and DCE needs to stay as our main kicker/creator and Schuster moving to 5/8 with his abilities would help him alot. Foz's kicking is not his strength but better than most hookers and has good direct running already. best choice IMO

We won't find out if Schuster's kicking game is better than DCE until he spends a season at either 6 or 7 .He has shown enough of what he can do in the 2 games that he played at 6 to be a better option than both halves we have in creating scoring opportunities and having the defense in 2 minds when attacking . Let's just wait for Des to decide when to put him in the halves but I for one cannot wait to see Schuster and young Latu Fainu carry Manly to their next title .I am not writing us off for 2022 and 2023 .Lets go Manly .
Humphreys is a classic game-managing half with great kicking boots. He will be the ying to the Yang of schuster or latu.

How

DCE only performs when we have a pack going forward. When we have no grunt you get the run in circles, silly grins & headless chook mode.

Humphreys is a classic game-managing half with great kicking boots. He will be the ying to the Yang of schuster or latu.
We will only find out if he is , when he gets his opportunity in first grade .A lot of good players does not carry their form from under 20s to first grade .It is a big difference .

We will only find out if he is , when he gets his opportunity in first grade .A lot of good players does not carry their form from under 20s to first grade .It is a big difference .
Agreed, but I have high hopes he will be pretty good from day 1 like some others (Ilias, Walker)

Don't get me started on that end over end, land it 10 metres out from the try line crap he dishes up, just so he doesn't have to practice being pin point.

For a while he was a least working on both the spiral and inside spiral bomb, but that seems to have vanished.

The biggest disappoint for me, I still think DCE should be that elite kicking player.

I just think he's lazy 'with that part of his game', he values his play making and running game more, when it's game management and kicking which the team need first and foremost.

If he built more pressure and didn't go for that all or nothing play, and actually went to the line, to pass, once in a while.

He's be impossible to handle.
Its almost like DCE read our posts last week @Snake.
Your mid field spiral bomb reemerged from no where, found grass. Resulted in a try.

My get into dummy half for that big boomer reemerged resulted in a 40/20.

He dominated the game with his foot. Just as I said is the elite player I still think he can be.

The most pleasing kick for mine was actually that little grubber for occ to score.

I don't know how many years I complained that he didn't go and engage the line to find a hole before putting that kick throu. He used to always try that kick from 20 out which never worked.

Your spot on in another thread when you said he needs more structured play, to fall back on.

I'd just think the whole team need more structured to plays full stop.

Eyes up footy is one person seeing something and going for it.

When the half calls the structure. He's sees a weakness.. But the whole team know what they are building up towards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10