Dugan suspension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Wow

Have just seen for the 1st time what he has been suspended for. Penalize the shoulder charge if you want, but come on, guys shouldn't be missing a weeks footy for that, it is a debacle

It is the worst suspension I have ever seen, and if it is a sign of what the future holds for the game under this leadership in this current PC climate the game is going to be hard to watch very very soon

Kiwi Eagle said:
Wow

Have just seen for the 1st time what he has been suspended for. Penalize the shoulder charge if you want, but come on, guys shouldn't be missing a weeks footy for that, it is a debacle

It is the worst suspension I have ever seen, and if it is a sign of what the future holds for the game under this leadership in this current PC climate the game is going to be hard to watch very very soon
I agree Kiwi,its starting to go that way now for me,and I guess it will depend on who the team is as well I reckon

Totally agree KE.
The game should now be called Video League. It's starting to lose me, and I've been a fan for more than 50 years. I've found myself watching the Swans more; something I never thought would happen. If I start watching Sydney FC then you know the 2013 version of RL has sent me truly mad.

Dan said:
worse suspension was Matai for his "high shot" earlier this year on Georgegina Burgess

Lol I thought of that one and it was very close, but at least Matais one got within 1 foot of the massive Burgess melon, Dugans shoulder charge, and not even a classic one at that, hit the other bloke in the head !

But as we must all remember, elbows to the head are ok ...

What do you expect with a banker in charge who knows nothing about the game.

All he wants to do is set up seven divisions with lots of staff, steering committees and hold meetings ever hour on the hour and setting up rules that end up with three players being sent off in state of origin game for not throwing punches.

The Who said:
Totally agree KE.
The game should now be called Video League. It's starting to lose me, and I've been a fan for more than 50 years. I've found myself watching the Swans more; something I never thought would happen. If I start watching Sydney FC then you know the 2013 version of RL has sent me truly mad.

Mate, the AFL are twice as soft in their suspension judiciary/match review process as the NRL. Sneeze too close to someone in a game of AFL & it's a 2 match ban lol.

Combine these soft suspensions with the increasing propensity for players to take dives (which is fully supported by the refs boss) and you will slowly but surely kill rugby league.

As I said in a post a few weeks ago, at this rate it won't be long until soccer is considered a tougher sport than league.

Its killing the game. Especially when i guy A drops a knee and cuts open guy B s head and only gets 2 weeks.

dowdz said:
Its killing the game. Especially when i guy A drops a knee and cuts open guy B s head and only gets 2 weeks.

Too right, if he had elbowed him he would have no case to answer.

dugan-300x0.jpg

Mals said:
The Who said:
Totally agree KE.

Mate, the AFL are twice as soft in their suspension judiciary/match review process as the NRL. Sneeze too close to someone in a game of AFL & it's a 2 match ban lol.

The Swans are a protected species though, probably why The Who is enjoying the Swans so much. They're allowed to spend 10% over the Salary Cap ffs, imagine the outrage if that was allowed in League.

Volley said:
Mals said:
The Who said:
Totally agree KE.

The Swans are a protected species though, probably why The Who is enjoying the Swans so much. They're allowed to spend 10% over the Salary Cap ffs, imagine the outrage if that was allowed in League.

I thought it was allowed, just ask the Scum.

So much I was about to RANT about but im going to watch Chelsea Lately instead.

The game is treading a fine line. They want to appease the part time supporter and blow ins, at the expense of the dyed in the wool fans. Between the constant rule changes, and knee jerks and turning away from its core supporters, the refs are just killing it as a spectacle.

I read something recently how fans are turning off the box this year and not watching. Crowds are up but there is a definate drop in overall figures. Its not hard to tell why

Refs determine too many outcomes, show piece games are relegated , and one sided affairs are comm on on free to air. Its just so hard to get enthralled in a tight contest, as its either not there or the refs eliminate the contest altogether gifting supremacy and forcing "catch up footy" in almost all contests

I honestly find it hard to watch any games at all these days. i just seem to treat the product with disdain. It is impossible to respect as a product due to the obvious inconsistencies

Dugan got screwed here. Micky mouse could have come up with a better decision than that.The panel that suspended him should be sacked, there families should be sacked, there kids should be sacked, they should be put on a boat and sent to Iran. Inglis could lend them one

It was that bad it will probably be good PR for Dugan and everyone will feel sorry for the bloke and forget about his rap sheet

Also I have had enough of the massive over reaction on the origin fights. These fights happened about 9pm on the TV.Everything on at that time is rated MA at the vesy least. They have autopsies, violence, nudity, drug use, murders and swearing on at the same time on the other channels but a few punches are the worst on offer

Make origin MA. Anyone who has a 10yo watching origin at 9.45 on a weeknight is a bad parent and no one should be listening to them about whats good for the children.

Anyone who thinks the origin is worse than big brother unplugged , or NCIS, or underbelly is kidding themselves and needs therapy about how righteous they think they are

Ig this game was on at 6pm it is different but it rarely starts until 8.20 and both fights have occured after 9

If a kids video game is rated MA then surely origin should be

Mals said:
The Who said:
Totally agree KE.

Yes. I wasn't alluding to the suspensions - more to the fact that AFL is starting to flow more with the hand-passes wheras RL is being bogged down by the wrestle, the last tackle kick-and-hope option, and the increasing influence refs/video refs are having on outcomes.

What I think is strange is that the club wanted to fight the charge. If successful, then no weeks. Dugan was the one to plead guilty. Selfish prick, no thought of the club, just himself and origin. Douchbag.

The Who said:
Mals said:
The Who said:
Totally agree KE.

Yes. I wasn't alluding to the suspensions - more to the fact that AFL is starting to flow more with the hand-passes wheras RL is being bogged down by the wrestle, the last tackle kick-and-hope option, and the increasing influence refs/video refs are having on outcomes.

Huge contradiction between actions and words.

If you're watching more AFL, then it can't be to see more shoulder charges, fights, brutality, etc. The AFL are far more stringent on anything like this.

There is an element within AFL crowds who prefer more brutality. But a greater element who prefer the game itself without the brutality. AFL crowds are far bigger. Is a key reason that they cater for the non-brutalists? And if so, is that principle transferable to rugby league? Seems that is what Smith believes. Seems he believes that the game itself, without the extra brutality, stands up to widespread appeal, and this is part of his strategy to grow the game.

The game is going downhill fast .Most likely ban tackling soon & change the rules to touch...The game needs a smart ex player who loves the game ,the old game ,to come in & take control - A modern day Arko...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4