• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
How good is it to see Matai back??

Like I said: The only problem he has in defence is if he rushes out and misses. He didn't tonight and the results were there.. and that was after 8 weeks on the sidelines.. this is why matai and bell will be centre with lyon at 6 and fair enough too.

Some off his hits! Jeeze, thats what we've been missing and that's why I think he'd go good as a makeshift lock.

The swinging arm will be a problem but when you look at it quickly Smith was falling very quickly while trying to break a tackle. Completely accidental.

I reckon a week should do it.

Ben Smiths head was about 2 foot from the ground and falling forward. If they want people to be able to tackle lower than that, then I still have a chance in the game !!!

Doesn't matter where Ben Smith was, it was a genuine swinging arm connecting with the head, that's usually a suspension these days and with his reputation he won't get any favours.

I think he will get at least two weeks. Only because he split his face open and made no attempt to pull out when it was obvious he was swinging towards his head. But I don't get most things right!

Seems to be a bit of talk about it the morning after so he's likely to get something then. That sucks... I enjoyed seeing some mongrel out there again... he goes in hard and it normally would have got him around the chest/ribs area and nailed him but because he was falling it got him in the head.

Those hits were friggen awesome & great timing- a mate had just finished telling me how strong Grothe was and how much he ****es on Matai for agression then bang...and then backed it up with another- brilliant stuff- every team needs someone like him to keep the opposition on their toes

Thanks for the lead Nutz. Leaving aside the swinging arm for now , two weeks for sure, (one should always remember that a ref like Clark would have probably sent him of for that) I thought Matai's contribution was mixed. His aggro in defense was good, although I'd prefer a wrestle tackle, but he likes the shoulder charge so, wtf, as long as it is effective, which is one instance close to our line wasn't, but one on Grothe it was. With a shoulder charge one needs assist if it goes awry, which with Matai it often does. That's why Choc, Burns, Lyon etc don't have it in their bag. Look at Lyon's defense, then compare it with Matai's. His go-forward was OK, not great, just OK. In my opinion he should have come back through the PL like my other favourite Dunley, who incidently had a mixed game, penalties, tries etc. In THAT tackle. It was a swinging arm which did the damage on the nose. Not that I care about a slimey nose, but penalties for that sort of crap can be damaging and it's not needed. Penalties in the first half invited the slime down our end. In the second half we were more disciplined. Discipline Nutz, is the catch word, one that needs to be tatooed on Matai's arm, or maybe, as I have suggested in past threads, he could lean it through PL.

LOL, so his defence holds up, as does his running, so you head elsewhere for your agenda. Most hard tackles involve an arm swinging into a chest, that is exactly where it was heading until Smith came down.

The only agenda I see KE is your unswerving devotion to Matai's ill disciplined play. No-one else in our excellent defensive side goes in with that sort of crap. The mighty eagles team are not deserving of such a selfish ill-disciplined player such as Matai. Take your blinkers of, swinging arms went out with the unlimited tackle. Why? because video refs pick everything illegal up stupid).

I'll stick Dunners and Burns in the same category. One day any of them will learn and become outstanding players - but I'm not going to predict when.

Dunley has had enough time to know better. Burns has toned it down since last year and is showing signs that he can control his aggression.

When Burns came on with thirteen minutes? to play he was a tad ferrell, but no penalties. He's definitely one who obviously can be coached to better things. (maybe last year Roach thought that the head was a target and coached accordingly) In premier league Dunners gave away two penalties on my count. Sure he did other good things, but in the top grade penalties invariably lead to tries, as do poor kicks from your own line.

thought he was **** reminded me of chad randall

Hey look matai has gone to dummy half what is he going to do.....oh yeah run it down the blind side

We have a hooker for a reason. It was boring and I prefer seeing Lyon there. There is no room for individuals in a team like Manly and having to have others to cover for defensive lapses is not fair. matai is very much a selfish player and that he kept a player of the quality of Ballin out of the game irks me!

And yeah it was great to see him try and shoulder charge Grothe, miss and have grothe pick him up by the scruff of the neck and push him back 3 metres to almost score

Glad he got suspended. bye bye matai

The only agenda I see KE is your unswerving devotion to Matai's ill disciplined play. No-one else in our excellent defensive side goes in with that sort of crap. The mighty eagles team are not deserving of such a selfish ill-disciplined player such as Matai. Take your blinkers of, swinging arms went out with the unlimited tackle. Why? because video refs pick everything illegal up stupid).

LOL, thank for the laughs. I must have missed these 7 penalties he gave away :bdh:

To stop a guy dead in a tackle, your arm must have some swing on it, or you have dropped your shoulder. Pretty basic stuff really, and both happen regularly. Will give you a tip, next week when you see balls come loose in a tackle, have a look at the defenders arm and if there is movement coming forward, eg 'swinging'

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4