Drugs, Sex, Domestic Violence: Football's dark cover up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Peter V'Landys comments:

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys responded to the allegations on Friday morning.

“We’ll investigate them (claims), no doubt about that,’’ V’landys told 2GB on Friday.

“But I stress, all parties including the South Sydney club, Sam Burgess deserve due process and natural justice.

“Once we have all the information we’ll make the appropriate decisions. “It would be totally inappropriate for me to comment on this particular case, I don’t have sufficient facts.

“And like anyone else in the community you have to provide due process and natural justice and Sam should be afforded that.

V’landys, however, said the NRL had a “zero tolerance” for violence against women.

“But in this instance I think the appropriate action would be to investigate it, get all the facts and make a judgment after that.’’

That's perfectly fair and I agree 100%

Now how about standing a player down for almost two years before he can try and prove his innocence in court ????

Oh I see, that’s a different rule then!!!

That's perfectly fair and I agree 100%

Now how about standing a player down for almost two years before he can try and prove his innocence in court ????

Oh I see, that’s a different rule then!!!
But if he is charged perhaps the 'no fault stand down rule' could apply. He is, after all, an employee of Souffs and, if charged, he would be "bringing the game into disrepute".

This is so sad, for Sam, for his lovely wife, and their beautiful children. Honestly, what's wrong with society?

Sam needs some serious counselling.

Didn't Dylan Walker come to us from Souths with a prescription drug problem?

Jeez I hope Manly are clean skins, and the welfare of our players, their families and the clubs wellbeing is first and paramount priority.

This is so sad, for Sam, for his lovely wife, and their beautiful children. Honestly, what's wrong with society?

Jeez I hope Manly are clean skins, and the welfare of our players, their families and the clubs wellbeing is first and paramount priority.
Well apart from a player that’s currently before court on serious charges.

Reading that article makes me feel sick, especially the way Phoebe was treated by Sam and Luke whilst pregnant and shortly after. I truly think this could be one of the biggest stories in NRL history because it’s not just a player who’s done the wrong thing, but an entire organisation has tried to cover it up...
Wow shocking read. Totally agree. It’s more than just Sam and his families actions. It also goes beyond Sths! Sam has been the golden child of a Fox as well and this must be no secret among the journo “family”. If all this is true good bye career SB. It also seems the journos dug really deep on the story. Interesting around the defamation comments by his lawyer.

souffs and the nrl created this monster. He has a long history of dirty grubbiness on the field and repeatedly got off with a slap on the wrist (naughty letter from greenturd). Never getting pulled into line and reprimanded lead him to think he could do anything he liked knowing he would get away with it, with a limitless team of idiots willing to sweep it all under the carpet.

Pfft it's all heresay and innuendo. Sam is an NRL golden child. Nothing to see here , move on. He doesn't play NRL anymore so nothing they can do...........Now let's see if we can investigate thoroughly this alleged TPA that Kieran Foran has been signed up to at Manly.

Sadly Ryan the game is littered with this stuff. How big the story is often centres on the individuals profile. There are a lot of good people in the game but too many who carry on like this muppet.

Pfft it's all heresay and innuendo. Sam is an NRL golden child. Nothing to see here , move on. He doesn't play NRL anymore so nothing they can do...........Now let's see if we can investigate thoroughly this alleged TPA that Kieran Foran has been signed up to at Manly.
I’m sure Fox will have a different view Mick (or maybe not).

Sadly Ryan the game is littered with this stuff. How big the story is often centres on the individuals profile. There are a lot of good people in the game but too many who carry on like this muppet.

Not trying to get off topic, but I think this is why we need to support people like Foz totally.

Again, this is an example of the better players being protected by their clubs, sponsors and media employers.
If a no-name player had similar problems do you think he'd have lasted five minutes at the club?
Winning football matches is more important for clubs than the welfare of their employees. It's not just in sport it's in politics and business. If you have talent or wealth you are given chance after chance.

Wow shocking read. Totally agree. It’s more than just Sam and his families actions. It also goes beyond Sths! Sam has been the golden child of a Fox as well and this must be no secret among the journo “family”. If all this is true good bye career SB. It also seems the journos dug really deep on the story. Interesting around the defamation comments by his lawyer.
Not sure how well that defamation case would go when the journo has corroborating text messages, pharmacy receipts, witness testimony etc.

Strange how Greenturd never referred this matter to his daughter’s netball team for advice given the serious allegations around the treatment of females....

Other players are hung from the nearest lamp pole while others are protected
Good point . The NRL was run by the netball team .

Not sure how well that defamation case would go when the journo has corroborating text messages, pharmacy receipts, witness testimony etc.
Yes all the info appears to be from the police file on the matter. If there is a problem it will be questions over how the Australian got the police file, I don’t see any defamation issue.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4